Year 5 To Do list

Place to complain that the intertoobs isn't doing what it should be

Year 5 To Do list

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:23 am

Couple of things to do once I update the website for year 5.
1) Year 5 Character Updates. I have the Year 4's and never bothered to put them up (DOH) but it didn't seem to make all that much difference. So I think I'll just have Dave (if he's willing) update another batch and call that good. EDIT: re-looked at the Templates page, it is really not that hard to update with the new character sheets. I will get that done this year.

2) Retire Episodes 3 and 4. Yup you read that right. Two more events retired (as will happen every year subsequent to this). In addition to noting they are retired, I also need to get the synopses up so folks can read them (fortunately I already wrote them, though they might need an edit).

3) Add plot blurbs for Episodes 9 and 10.

4) Minor updates to the Character Creation page (change xp added, things like that)

5) Add in the results of the PA's into the Town Crier.

6) Update the People of Altamira section with new headshots and short descriptions.

7) Update the Conventions page

That pretty much look like all I need to do. Any other suggestions?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Year 5 To Do list

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:16 am

List of Finished stuff:
2 (even got the new pages posted)
3 (ditto, got that whole page fixed)
4 all finished.
7 all done

Working on 6 right now, will have it done tomorrow I'd guess.

Just 1 and 5 to get finished.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:00 am

6 took a bit longer than expected (had to do thumbnail pics, full pics, clickable links, etc.) but it's finally done.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:05 am

might want to recheck on number 7. maybe change the sentence at the top of the page.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:51 am

Good catch, Ken. I actually did it, just didn't download the new page. Fixed it now.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Question for you all. First, if you would, go to the NPC headshots page

http://www.guildofsanmarcos.net/npcspublic.html

And while there, click on any of the headshots. There you should see a bigger version of the pic you just clicked on, the NPC's name, and a barely discernible link to go back to "Who's Who"

I was thinking about each of these pages and I wondered if it might not be more helpful for me to give a listing of each adventure where each of the NPCs plays a part. Then for the events that have been retired, putting a link to the write-up so they can read it (oh and coincidentally, in the full write-ups add in links for each of their names so folks can see who I'm referring to).

What's your opinion? Worth the effort? Wouldn't bother? Should do something different?

Lemme know!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:03 am

dont link them from the characters without a spoiler alert, except in the case of retired adventures. But it would be a good idea to link from the adventure to the characters involved.. because anyone who hasnt played the module shouldnt be reading what happens anyways.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:11 am

I don't think I was clear enough. My suggestion was that

1) There will be links to the retired events under their picture (and from their names in the retired events to their picture)

2) There will be a list (which includes the links under their picture) that says what episodes they can be found in (with nothing about what part they play, since I wouldn't have done the write up for non-retired events).

Is that what you were picturing Ken?

For Example

Alfonzo Cortez de Cordoba

Can be found in:

Episode 1 - The Road to Altamira (mentioned)
Episode 3 - Gentleman's Wager
Episode 4 - A Small Favor
Episode 6 - The Balance of Profit
Episode 7 - Scientific Method (mentioned)
Episode 10 - Command Performance

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:02 pm

I think that if the NPC isnt in scene 1 act 1 of an episode that we still run, they shouldnt be linked to it yet. so that for example, when el vago shows up in 7(?) it isnt like that could say "well, there he is"
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:43 am

So what if I just link to the retired events?

And should I still link the names in the synopsis back to their pic?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Yea, link to retired events, and link from the adventures to the characters.
kenderleech

Return to Website Issues