Login & Password

Place to complain that the intertoobs isn't doing what it should be

Login & Password

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:09 am

Well, I returned from a vacation to Italy (where they hadn't had any rain in well over a month; the temps were 85-90 every day, which I hate; and I picked up a devilish cold that I still have two weeks later) and I was logged-out of GoSM.

Tried to Login and original password didn't work. So my temporary password was 12(!) digits.

What's the scoop, Mark?
Sister Sonya

Re: Login & Password

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Truthfully? I have absolutely no idea.

Lemme look through the admin section and see if it can tell me. I might be able to re-set your password (or change it back) but I'm not positive.

EDIT: Yes I can give you a new password, force you to re-activate your account (which you can then give yourself a new password) or delete the account and let you start again.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:38 pm

No need. I retrieved and changed the password back to what it was.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:37 pm

No idea why the password got popped but I will bet he got logged out same time I did right around two weekends ago. Was on for a check, came back a couple hours later and logged out. Then the system kept timing out the log in attempt. That evening it went right through... So the close out was likely from the server altering something in the coding (like an update of some sort)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:22 am

Interesting: I had to login again.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Ok when I was without internet access and could only get on via iPhone, I noticed that it started frequently logging me out when I was simply browsing. It got so bad that it was logging me off immediately after the "thanks for logging in" page. It all stayed that way (ensuring I couldn't post for several days) until I deleted the cookies off my phone. Then everything was hunky dorey. I bet if you delete your history/cookies, then relog in, that should fix your log off problem.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Mike, did this ever get fixed for you?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 am

It resolved itself, in some way.
Sister Sonya

Return to Website Issues