New Forum Skin

Place to complain that the intertoobs isn't doing what it should be

Our New Forum Skin

Poll ended at Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:20 am

Go back to the dark one.
No votes
Keep this new one.
100%
Nah, don't like either, try something else.
No votes

Total votes : 6

New Forum Skin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:20 am

Ok, this is a completely different skin, as you may have figured out. I thought about fixing the main header so that it reflects the GoSM, but I don't really want to put the work into it unless you all like this better. So, we are going to have our first ever, forum poll. So whatda think? Stick with our original (despite the contrast problems), keep this one and work on the fixing the header, or go shopping for something new.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: New Forum Skin

Postby cpugs » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Much prefered. I can read everything far better than before. Nice....
cpugs

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:20 am

It took me about 30 seconds to locate the "Reply" ax. Perhaps a tad too elaborate- or it's just me!

Now! With it being so much clearer now, especially for locating the cursor, Sonya can finish the other pages of her history.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:33 am

Well it looks like this new skin won overwhelmingly (given that all the votes so far were to keep this). So I shall have my official art monkey (*cough* Laura *cough*) begin working on a pic to replace the "Armies & Adventures" banner at the top.

So now I'm wondering, do all of you like this enough that I should consider changing the background on the main website to look just like this?

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:41 am

Yes
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:07 am

Ok I fixed the banner temporarily (hope you like it, its the basics of what I'd like to see permanently) and I'll get to looking up how to fix main page(s).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Well, it looks pretty but I prefer to keep the header art to a minimum. (my phone agrees with me). Color palette is fine with me and the borders look good on the tiny screen. I do agree with mike on watching that ket elements (like controls) do not get lost in the mix. I also could use a better defined highlight for where I am on the page. It's sort of a guess on the phone if I am about to preview sane or submit via phone.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Website Issues