Upgrades

Place to complain that the intertoobs isn't doing what it should be

Re: Upgrades

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 am

Updated the wording of the Templates page to include the addition of the Completed Character Sheets.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 am

Just got done updating PHPBB. Man I am soo geeked I know how to do this...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Created some secret groups so that certain people can see some forums that aren't visible to the general public. If you're wandering around the forum, see if you can spot them...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:10 pm

Got an email from a poster on the GenCon forums asking where he could get more info about Theah (beyond what is on here and what I've already linked to). I would have suggested Temple of the Rose and Cross if it'd still been up (oh heck if it was still up I'd have already linked to it). So I suggested the 7th Sea Wiki http://7thsea.wikia.com/wiki/7th_Sea_Wiki. After I linked it for him, I thought, "Hey, I should probably link it on the website too." So I'll take care of that sometime tonight.

EDIT: New link is in place.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 06, 2012 1:46 am

Thanks to Dr. Van Stuben, I realized I'd neglected to put a rule in place (that being not to use the region or familial bonuses described in the Castille, Eisen, Montaigne, and Vodacce books). So I added it to the Character Creation page JUST to be sure.

By the way that isn't a change, I've always had that in mind. I just needed to be a bit more explicit about it. Oh and if your curious why, Template points go all kerflooie if we do (not to mention needing to then do multiple versions of the same Template, each from different families. PHEW no thanks. It was hard enough watching Dave write them all up the first time ;) )

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun May 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Strangely, it probably would take next to no time to make those adjustments at the table once I built a master chart to work from. But the benefits on most of them are not good enough to bother using them (and thanks to the multiple authors they are not well balanced, so I will not be doing so)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun May 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote: I realized I'd neglected to put a rule in place (that being not to use the region or familial bonuses described in the Castille, Eisen, Montaigne, and Vodacce books). So I added it to the Character Creation page JUST to be sure.

Define region bonuses.

Does that include my IC secret laboratory?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Does that include my IC secret laboratory?

Region of the country you are from (it's in the Eisen Book). Familial Bonuses from Castille, Montaigne and Vodacce Books.

So, take the Zepeda Family for example. At the end of their writeup (Castille, p. 30) you find this...
Noble Heroes whose father is a Zepeda pay only 22 HP to purchase the Zepeda Swordsman School at character creation, but they may not purchase the Performer Skill under any circumstance.

Or Heroes from Hainzl have this
Whenever more than one of your dice explode during a single roll, your GM receives a Drama die that may only be used against you. In addition, roll once on the chart below.
1–4 You gain the Small Advantage for free.
5–8 You gain the Merchant Skill for free.
9–0 Your monthly income is increased by 25%.

We won't be using any of that kind of stuff.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:35 am

Don got me my next group of pics a while ago, but I got to doing other things and forgot to add them to the site. Well I rectified that just now. Go say hello to Eduardo Montevada and Altamira's own Acalde, Xavier Maradoña de Rivera. There are others but you don't have clearance for that citizen...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 pm

I assure you, I have ultraviolet clearance.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 am

The realization that GenCon is (for me at least) the end of HoA Year 2 caused me to begin updates for the Year 3 site (new dates on the conventions page, slight changes of wording on several different pages, etc.) Not going to put them up yet (Won't go up until after Con on the Cob obviously), but they'll all be ready real soon.

Which brings me to my annual question. Any changes you'd like to see? Anything missing that should be added (or alternately, anything up here that's really not useful at all?)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:41 pm

No need to worry folks, I just upgraded the software. Which probably explains the glut of spammers...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:02 am

Fixed the "Welcome" message to make it more clear folks ought to email me in order to get approved for the board (it's written elsewhere, but I want it to be as obvious as I can possibly make it).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:50 pm

split the "email me for permission to join) part of the Welcome forum off into its own line then built in a clickable link to my email addy. Hope that makes it easier for the new folks to understand.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am

Added some more headshots (3 specifically) to the People page. I think you'll enjoy them...muhahahahaha

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Website Issues