Upgrades

Place to complain that the intertoobs isn't doing what it should be

Upgrades

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Just a note to let people know what I've done lately (and can check my work on).

Changed the hover color for links to yellow (whoo makes seeing what you're clicking on soo much easier)

Added content to the History page

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Upgrades

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Re-wrote Steps 1 & 2 for Template-based character creation, added several references so the very inexperienced can find info more easily, and added links to the Forum so people could ask more if they got lost.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DrKwang » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Re-wrote Steps 1 & 2

After looking at the Templates page, I'm assuming you meant to say "Re-wrote Steps 1 & 1"... :P
DrKwang

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Grumble Mutter,
OK, NOW I meant Steps 1 & 2...
Also fixed the link to Total Confusion (which for some reason I undid, cause it used to work fine)

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:06 am

Notes for myself Re: Character Templates -

1. Eisen Priest needs a Panzerhand instead of Pistol
2. Explorer needs the correct pay
3. IC Courier needs to have all the points costs removed (advantages, sword school, skills/knacks)
4. Los Vagos needs to have poor eq.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 am

If any of you tried to get on for the last hour or so, and found the boards down, sorry bout that, I was updated the phpbb software. Yes, you read that right, I, who know absolutely nothing about computers, was updating the software. What a fun pita that was.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:04 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Notes for myself Re: Character Templates -

1. Eisen Priest needs a Panzerhand instead of Pistol
2. Explorer needs the correct pay
3. IC Courier needs to have all the points costs removed (advantages, sword school, skills/knacks)
4. Los Vagos needs to have poor eq.

While I've been futzing with other stuff, I didn't forget about this, so, since it was a nice quiet saturday morning, I thought I'd fix these. And I did.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:15 am

And just to remind myself that I can do this whole "website making" thing, I changed and updated the Events Page...
Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:21 am

And to add to my post count, let me throw in the, HEY MAKE THE TEMPLATES PAGE EASIER TO READ.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Well I haven't made the templates page easier to read yet, but you might want to look around anyway. There've been some changes (with more to come, I just couldn't wait to get the artwork up).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:57 am

Fully completed templates now up. That should cut down on character creation time at cons. A big THANKS to Sal for making those for me!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:10 pm

I still got 7 more for you I am finishing up.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:48 am

Upgraded the Board to the latest version. Now looking for a skin that's got a bit more contrast.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Just put up the other 7 fully pre-made templates. I think fourteen should be enough choice for the newbs, right?

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon May 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Mental note: must pack belaying pin for those that think 14 pregens is not enough option on top of the 30+ templates.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Mental note: wear metal cap on head throughout Origins.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Suggestion:
(I would do this if I had the technology, unfortunately I do not.)
Make the character sheets editable. Typed words are much nicer, not to mention it's a lot easire to work on your character at the computer while looking at the template sheet, and the swordsman school handbook, and the rules, and the...you get the point.
Alas, I don't know if it is possible, hence it being only a suggestion. :geek:
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah, I got no idea about doing that but it would be interesting. Nice advancement on just having them available for folks at the table who have not made a character. Wait, I mean "damn kids and their technology!. In my day we random rolled and you got stuck with it!"
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 8:36 pm

salamanca wrote:Yeah, I got no idea about doing that but it would be interesting. Nice advancement on just having them available for folks at the table who have not made a character. Wait, I mean "damn kids and their technology!. In my day we random rolled and you got stuck with it!"

Hahahaha! Yeah...I'm not a fan of random rolling, even if it is more realistic. Pony distribution is nice for those of us who tend to be on the unluckier side.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Tue May 10, 2011 8:47 pm

The trick to random generation is this:. You set aside 3 days and keep rolling until you max the stats. No kidding, I used to game with a group that all did this. Simply writing down 18s was cheating but rerolling was cool with them. I'll take the points, thank you.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Omg! Way to ruin the whole point!!
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:26 am

And... Upgraded to the latest version of phpbb software for the second time. Its getting to be old hat with me. Sorry it took so long (assuming anyone tried to get on from 9-10:30 this morning, becides the spammers) I had to drop off the kiddos at summer camp and go to a dentist appt.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 am

Got the latest batch of headshots from Don Higgins, and of course they're awesome! So you can now look too. Head on over to the NPCs section of the website.

Markalicious

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Since Year One is finished, and all the 2011 cons are over, I thought it would probably be a good idea to change the events page to reflect upcoming events. Total Confusion (at the end of February) is only a little over 6 months away. Gotta get cracking.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:08 pm

Since I had a reqest for the full-sized NPC pictures (and since they've always been hidden on the website despite the fact that I never built pages that linked to them) I decided it was high time I gave you all access to Don Higgins great work. There are now links from all the thumbnails to the full-sized versions. (Next step will be to add in the next set of thumbnails/full-sized NPC pics when Don gets them finished).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Website Issues