Should probably put this on our website.

Place to complain that the intertoobs isn't doing what it should be

Should probably put this on our website.

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 am

So, The Piazza has asked me to do a comprehensive list of what's available out on the net for 7th Sea. The following is what I sent them.

Official Website

AEG’s Official 7th Sea Page Official page has a number of articles, adventures, stories, and helpful things (including character sheets).

Webrings

The Official 7th Sea Webring Probably nothing here that isn’t linked below, but just in case.
The Unofficial 7th Sea Webring Ditto.

Unofficial Websites

7th Sea! House rules, 20 questions, timeline, character sheets, and the like.
7th Sea NOVA Northern Virginia home group site with lots of detail.
7th Sea Wiki Wiki of all things 7th Sea.
7th Sea Wiki Not to be confused with the link above, this is a wiki for a local group game which has retired.
The Abyss Interesting series of listserv information which has been repeated elsewhere, but good to know.
Aldana Steel Focused on Castille (because that’s where their campaign went) but with some good info from various other sites. Includes three alternate settings for 7th Sea.
Archive of Our Own A collection of three fan-made short stories using 7th Sea.
Borstenn’s 7th Sea Site A home-group website, but has some alternate rules for glamor and some extra sword schools.
Brian & Brian’s 7th Sea Campaign A home-group website has a good section of house rules, but hasn’t been updated since 2001.
Brilliant Victory Lots of interesting stuff for both the RPG and CCG including lists of interesting books from that timeline, house rules, and more.
Constant Opposition: Asian Locatons in 7th Sea Blog post overview of the Nation of Cathay.
Crystal Keep Lots of helpful stuff like a comprehensive list of advantages, skills, sword schools, magic, and the like. Also has a helpful odds chart.
Division Nihil: Spirit of 7th Sea Another conversion to allow you to play 7th Sea using the Fate System.
Flying Koala Games Lots of goodies here including a long running campaign, tons of alternate rules, but best of all, Mirror Theah (see below), where the heroes and villains of Theah trade places.
Geek Native 7th Sea Combat Summary Cute and easily understood graphic for dealing with combat.
The Guild of San Marcos The website for my living campaign The Heroes of Altamira
Impworks Rules for Fire Some alternate rules for dealing with fire in game.
Liz’s 7th Sea Dice Roller Nice little dice roller.
Love’s Blade Cuts Deepest Campaign website from one of the game’s writers Andrew Peregrine. Also has links (see below) for two alternate settings.
Project 7th Sea A home-group site with a pretty comprehensive overview of the rules for character creation.
Smelly Old Gamer’s 7th Sea Dice Roller An alternate to the other dice roller to the one above.
Temple of the Rose + Cross The most comprehensive cross-referenced site of all NPCs, Locations, Secrets, Societies, Plots, etc.
Tim’s 7th Sea Site Just the beginnings of a site, but does have a serviceable bestiary (though the one at the Temple of the Rose + Cross is quite a bit better), and a short look at weapons.
[url=www.oocities.org/draeven57/valor.html‎]Uncommon Valor[/url] Home campaign, not sure how much use it will be, been almost a decade since it was last updated. And it appears the code is old enough to confuse phpbb...
Winds of Change Home group site with a list of the skills available in the campaign. Not complete.

Alternate Settings/Rule Systems

7th Sea 2568 Futuristic setting for 7th Sea.
7th Sea Modern Modern setting for 7th Sea
7th Sea to Spirit of the Century Very similar to the Fate Core rules below, but added for completeness sake.
Dragaera An attempt to make 7th Sea rules for the Dragaera setting/books/world written by Steven Brust
El Vago’s 7th Sea Campaign a local-group on Obsidian Portal, however, they are using the Honor + Intrigue rules. This wiki gives rules for it.
Fading Suns to 7th Sea Just like the title implies an attempt to create 7th Sea rules to fit the Fading Suns setting.
Have Words Will Travel: Fate Core Adapting the Fate Core rules for use with 7th Sea.
Have Words Will Travel: Fate Accelerated Adapting the Fate Accelerated rules for use with 7th Sea.
Mirror Theah Based on the classic Trek episode Mirror, Mirror here the good guys are bad and vice versa…
Nyambe Adding the continent of (not quite) Africa into Theah.
Alternate Objectionist Sects The Signe of the Frothing Mug gives some alternate Objectionist religious groups.
Steve Kenson’s conversion of Castle Falkenstein rules for use with 7th Sea.
Theah 2000 Modern Theah, with stories and CCG rules.

CCG

7th Sea Accumulated Rulings Comprehensive list of the edits, changes, and rulings made for the CCG.
7th Sea CCG Trading Just like it says, though I don’t know how much activity it has nowadays.
7th Sea: Crew Faction listing for the CCG
7th Sea on OCTGN CCG online. Not a clue whether it works or not.
The Seas of Theah Local league play but does discuss strategy and deck building for the CCG.
Trade Cards Online Searchable database of 7th Sea CCG cards for sale.
Websune 7th Sea CCG Database Searchable database of all the cards from the 7th Sea CCG.

Miscellaneous

Building Costumes Costuming help for LARPing (specifically for Fate Witches and Montaigne).

Downloads

Legends of the 7th Sea PDF of a conversion for Legend of the 5 Rings rules for 7th Sea.
7th Sea Dice Roller Downloadable dice roller. Haven’t used it so I can’t say for certain how useful it is.
Star Wars Roll & Keep You read that right, someone converted (and well I might add) the roll and keep system into rules for Star Wars.
Temple Forum eBooks and Fansubs Complete collection of very downloadable ebook, adventure, and supplement. Includes many items no longer available anywhere else.

Forums

AEG Official 7th Sea Forums
Guild of San Marcos Forum for the living campaign, The Heroes of Altamira.
Revenants 7th Sea Forum Probably the best resource for homebrewed material.
Temple of the Rose + Cross In addition to a place to discuss homebrew, also has a repository of adventures, ebook supplements, and just about everything released electronically for 7th Sea.

French Sites

La Cite du Crieux
Les Secrets de la 7eme Mer
L’Encyclopédie Pittoresque de Théah
Captain Boone’s Fellows
Theah Prime
Les Secrets de la Septième Mer

German Sites

7te See (Official German Language Site)
7th Sea:eine kurze Einführung in das Szenario
Tagebuch der Jessica von Drachenhorst

Polish Sites

Poltergeist Polish local group site.

Spanish Sites

7˚MAR (Official Spanish Language Site)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Should probably put this on our website.

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun May 04, 2014 5:36 am

I can't seem to remember Christian's site. Was it Twisted Shadows?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 04, 2014 7:25 am

Poisoned Shadows, yea, but it's gone :(
So is Sir Ian's (and it's truly awesome timeline) and Foul Weather Jack
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sun May 04, 2014 10:10 am

MY STORIES ARE LISTED! :mrgreen:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 04, 2014 11:20 am

Of course!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 04, 2014 11:49 am

Ok updated it with some foreign language sites. Can't really say much about them since I can't read em. But there they are anyway.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 10, 2014 8:50 am

Someone over on Piazza suggested adding in Therese Nielsen so I'm currently doing another list with all the artists who've contributed to 7th Sea (there are a surprisingly large number of them, just for the record).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 17, 2014 10:17 am

Here's what I have so far.

Artists

Terese Nielsen Painted the covers of each of the nations books.
Cris Dornaus Many of the headshots and several maps
Ramón Pérez Various early pieces including the spash pages on many of the nations books
Scott James Various early pieces including my favorite pic of THE Knight of the Rose and Cross
Steve Bryant Not sure this is the right link since I can’t specify which pieces he’s done for 7th Sea. But please feel free to check on this one
James Callahan Another I’m not positive on.
Carl Frank Concept Art & Illustration
Dærick W. Gröss
A. Bleys Ingram
Dan Smith (Smif)
William O’Connor
Raven Mimura
Storn Cook
Liz Danforth
Steve Prescott
Jonathan Hunt
Dave Leri
Cheyenne Wright
Llyn Hunter
Ilya Astrakhan Doesn’t do gaming art anymore but this link has a bunch of his older pics.
Craig Maher
Kevin Wasden
Greg Luzniak
Dan Moenster
Paul (Prof.) Herbert
Derek K. Stevens Not sure about this one
Theodor Black
Thomas Gianni
Patrick Kochakji
Michael Phillippi
Tim Peterson
Ed Cox
Andrew Baker
Dærick Gröss Sr.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Website Issues