Aleksi Nikolov, I need your help!

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

Aleksi Nikolov, I need your help!

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Caitlin ran through the streets, mumbling apologies to the numerous individuals that she pushed past. Time, moving far more swiftly than she would like, is against her. The longer it takes me to find him, the lower our chances for success. Finally, she reached the Queen's Inn, where Aleksi currently had rooms, courtesy of Francois.

She enters the establishment, barely nodding a greeting to the barkeep, and begins scanning the bar area for Aleksi. Failing to locate him, she heads up to his room. After knocking on his door (though truth be told, it was more like a frantic pounding than a knock), the door opens, her friend Aleksi standing in the doorway. "Aleksi, I may be in trouble, and I need your help."
CaitlinCallahan

Re: Aleksi Nikolov, I need your help!

Postby Harliquinn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:35 pm

Aleksei has gotten as far as he has in life by not letting things rattle him too easily. Of course, recent events in Altamira with a Vodacce assassin has given him pause...more than he is comfortable with! After all, it would not due for someone of his upbringing in the harshness of Ussura to be so quick to react with surprise at every obstacle Matushka put in his path.

Therefore, when he answers the door, Aleksei is the epitome of poise and confidence, dressed in his usual fhideli attire that separates him both visually and culturally from the citizens of Altamira. Seeing Caitlin so visibly shaken has only trace visible effects on his countenance as he quickly glances left and right behind Caitlin so ascertain whether there is an immediate threat. "Sastimos, Caitlin! Come in."

After closing the door behind Caitlin and very subtly locking it behind her back, he smiles with that rakish expression he is known for that hides any actual emotion he may be feeling. "You look like a mulo is haunting you! Now tell me, what can I do for you?"
Harliquinn

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:31 pm

She takes a seat by the window, obviously distracted. "It's horrible, Aleksi, just horrible." She pauses a moment, and takes a deep breath to steady herself before continuing, some of the panic dissipating from her blue-gray eyes. "You know that my father was looking to 'arrange' a marriage for me, despite my rather adamant protestations. Well, he's gone and done it. And I must have made him angrier than I thought." Her eyes narrow angrily. "My supposed husband-to-be showed up at my house yesterday, and he's an uncouth, drunken oaf!"

She stands and begins to pace. "The man was actually relieving himself on the front of my house! Anyway, that's not the real problem. He showed up again this evening, and we had words, well, more than words." Her expression turns a bit sheepish. "Gabino happened to be walking by at the time, and, well, he pretty much pummeled the man. I sent him on his way, then my conscience got the better of me - I couldn't very well let him wander the streets injured. So I ran after him. Only, when I got to the corner, there was a loud splash, and I turned the corner just in time to see his boots disappearing into the sewer drain." She sits back down, her head in her hands. "This has turned into such a mess - much as I would like to pretend I'd never met the man, I can't very well leave him to rot in the sewers." She looks up at Aleksi, desperation in her eyes. "I know it's a lot to ask, but you're the closest friend I have in Altamira, now that Caralynn and Connor are gone. What do I do?"
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Harliquinn » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:58 am

Aleksei produces a small vial of liquid and offers it to Caitlin, "Here, this always helps." The potent liquid burns the throat going down, but turns to a soothing comforting feeling after a moment. He listens quietly, nodding occasionally, and offering a grimace at the description of the man relieving himself in public.

When the story's done, Aleksei cocks his head, allows a small smile to tug at the edge of his lips. This quickly turns to his signature teeth-showing smile and he spreads his arms, "Caitlin, it appears that your troubles are taken care of. The man left upon his own two feet. What happened to him after that is not your trouble."

He has the most innocent look about it, but it's clear the wheels of thought are turning behind those eyes. When it's obvious Caitlin is not going to accept this turn of events as a boon to her, Aleksei sighs and then leans back "So tell me, what is it you wish at the end of all this?"
Harliquinn

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Caitlin takes a healthy swig from the vial offered by Aleksei, pausing a moment to appreciate the burn. She sits back down, shaking her head slightly before it comes to rest in her hands. "What do I wish? I wish I could just leave him to his fate in the sewers - it would certainly seem to resolve all my issues. However, my conscience won't allow it. He may be a boor, and an oaf, and any number of other undesirable things, but I cannot just leave him to his fate. He did not appear to be in any condition to defend himself, and not just because of his drunken state. Gabino really did a number on him." She sighs, a begrudging resignation settling on her features. "I suppose I want to find him, and see him safely on his way."
CaitlinCallahan

Return to "In Character"