MEAD!!!

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

MEAD!!!

Postby Sigvald Andrikson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:22 pm

<ooc> With Eladio's permission I would like to post this in Dos Caballeros y Doncellas so that he can refer people to it after mournfully informing them of the lack of mead. Message is posted in Vesten and Castillian (I will pay a scribe to translate).</ooc>

"My Cousins among the Vestenmannjavnjar! Due to the influx of so many Jarls to the city of Altamira we have created a most dire crisis, a lack of MEAD! On the other hand, most of us have more gold than we know what to do with (other than spend it on the ever decreasing supply of MEAD). Therefore, I, Sigvald Andrikson propose the building of a proper Meadery and adjoining Mead Hall. While I do not concern myself with matters of money like some Vendel, clearly such a project has not sprung forth from the very earth itself yet, so we must begin its undertaking. I am sure that with enough of these gold doubloons that the locals prize so much, we can erect a glorious Hall fitting of the All-Father. As for any of the locals who object, consider this, you have seen the Vestenmannjanvnjar with mead, now consider what we might do without it! (It is not leave your city for other lands). If there are any Thralls who would be willing to do the brewing of the MEAD or Jarls to contribute towards the Hall, please relay your contributions towards our great effort through my friend, Eladio Águila de Fernandez."
Last edited by Sigvald Andrikson on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigvald Andrikson

Re: MEAD!!!

Postby Sigvald Andrikson » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm

"I Sigvald Andrikson pledge<ooc>750 guilder equivalent in Doubloons</ooc> towards the construction of a proper Meadery and Mead Hall."
Sigvald Andrikson

Postby Cestus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:14 am

"I Cestus Andrikson pledge some money as soon as I am able. I am currently out of coin between the exorbitant mead prices and my new gem collection." (Read: Ill donate my monthly salary until it is built)
Cestus

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:23 am

"I, Sonya, a priest of the Church of the Prophets, have heard rumblings in local drinking establishments concerning the lack of mead in Altamira.

Now, if the Jarls of Vestenmannavnjar are like unto the Nobles of Castille, who pay others to solve their problems rather than address them directly, then I would be proud assist the Thralls in building/constructing a functioning meadery in Altamira." (Read: I can attempt a PA at Total Con to do just that, if there is any interest.)
Sister Sonya

Postby Sigvald Andrikson » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:57 pm

"Any problems we have, we address directly, but the crafting of goods is not fit work for Jarls, only Thralls. Therefore we will accept the assistance of a trusted compatriot to take care of all the 'business' aspects of the Meadery so long as there is Mead and it does not come quite so expensive." <ooc>We will both be at TotalCon and are signed up for Ep 5, 6, PA, and "Domingo Gigante", whatever that is.</ooc>
Sigvald Andrikson

Postby spizio » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:19 pm

OOC! Domingo Gigante is an "open" slot. The GM will run whatever is the consensus. Sort of a catch up slot. There is a PA - Personal Agenda slot which is I believe Saturday night.
:oops: Thank you to whoever added the ooc, I forgot I was in the in character forum.
Last edited by spizio on Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
spizio

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:31 am

<ooc> As I will be in Boston for the first time, I have scheduled Episodes 5 and 6 for Saturday along with the PA so that I can spend the rest of my time in and around the city. </ooc>

A notice appears in the appropriate location inside the Cathedral of La Trinedad. "Help wanted! Skilled tradesmen wanted for the purpose of constructing and equipping a drinking establishment in Altamira.

Depending upon the wishes of the financial backers of this new establishment, it is possible that there may be employment for some or all of the following trades: Blacksmiths, Ceramics, Coopers, Glassblowers, Potters, Vintners, Bakers, Brewers, Carpenters, Confectioners, Distillers, Masons, and Bricklayers. However, final choices will be determined by the Jarls Founding Committee, depending upon the creativity and persuasiveness of the proposals submitted by these tradesmen (or others!)!

Submit proposals c/o Sister Sonya @ La Trinedad."

Also, an application/permit for constructing a drinking establishment is submitted to the Alcalde of Altamira, on the behalf of the Jarls Founding Committee, by Sister Sonya of La Trinedad.
Sister Sonya

Return to "In Character"