Of Gem Encrusted Helmets

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

Of Gem Encrusted Helmets

Postby Cestus » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 am

Strangely enough, Cestus is still unable to find a competent metalworker in Altamira. Maybe they should add one when the mead hall is completed.
Cestus

Re: Cestus Andrikson (Matthew Hannan)

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:10 am

Techically, he's unable to find a competent metalworker in Altamira who's willing to mess with that gem. There are plenty who can do the work, just not many that will.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Cestus wrote:Strangely enough, Cestus is still unable to find a competent metalworker in Altamira. Maybe they should add one when the mead hall is completed.

Nonsense! What means have you used to try to discover a metalworker, Sir!?

Sonya is a competent metalworker! She is more than willing to experiment analyze and fix/add gems/whatever you wish to your helmet. Add a light to the helmet? Add a bladder with air attached to it? That seems like an Invention to me!!

Unfortunately, BJR has PAs queued up for me, but perhaps we can make an exception if your need is great.
Sister Sonya

Postby Cestus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:50 am

(I have been writing this post in character, so I have no clue what you are talking about Mark) That is acceptable. I need to affix.... several gems including a large glowing one that for some reason seems too delicate or fine a thing for these simple Altamirians. If only there was a true Vesten smith here to meet my demands! I will have to settle for your second-rate tinkering for it seems you are my last hope.
Cestus

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:00 am

Cestus wrote: If only there was a true Vesten smith here to meet my demands! I will have to settle for your second-rate tinkering for it seems you are my last hope.

Perhaps it is your demeanor, Sir, that is discouraging prospective smiths from becoming interested in your project. Castillian universities are second to none in the world. Our tinkering is first-rate!

What seems to be the difficulty with this particular gem? Is there any reason why it should be more delicate than any other? You know, if it has special properties, you are going to need to reveal them to any metalworker, or how will they know what precautions to take in working with it?
Sister Sonya

Postby spizio » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:49 pm

So Mark is detect curse an innate ability of Castilians? It seems that the heroes are the only ones in Altimira who can't do so.
spizio

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:48 pm

spizio wrote:So Mark is detect curse an innate ability of Castilians?

It is, isn't it Mark?
Sister Sonya

Postby DiscoKittie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:59 am

(IC as Riley)

It's a piece of glass! I was there! I know! No one wants to work on it because it is beneath them!

Sheesh....

It was a decoration in a shop window. There're dozens more just like it. (although, i imagine that a gem-shaped, colored piece of glass would be quite pricey in and of itself...)

And... It does seem to have certain curse'd properties to it.

Can I see it, again, for just a moment? Just a second, really! :twisted:
end of line
DiscoKittie

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:33 pm

DiscoKittie wrote:It's a piece of glass!

Aww! And I thought I had magical abilities. :cry:
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:40 pm

(OOC VOICE OF THEUS) Since this is an In Character Discussion, I've moved it over to IC and renamed it. Matthew, you can post your character (if you so desire) in the Heroes section.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DiscoKittie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I'm sorry to have burst'ed your bubble... Now I feel bad.

It's a very pretty piece of glass, and I'm sure he would still love to have it affixed to his helmet... I just fear that he would be laughed at. A lot.

Unless he wants to give it to me, of course. Then he wouldn't have to worry about it any more! :D
end of line
DiscoKittie

Return to "In Character"