La Verdad...

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

La Verdad...

Postby La Verdad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:49 am

Before dawn broke, the lognshoreman were heading to the docks to begin their day, when one of them spotted a sketch, drawn on parchment, nailed to a wall. The cartoon showed the Miguels carving up a body marked 'Altamira':

The only signature was at the bottom, where 'La Verdad..." was scrawled.

Similar sketches were found elsewhere in Altamira that morning. One by the University, one near the Bullfighting arena, two on the circle leading to La Trinidad Cathedral ... in all, a half dozen sketches were spotted that morning.
La Verdad

Re: La Verdad...

Postby La Verdad » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:42 am

Some time later, a new drawing appeared, this one of Santino dragging his 'pet' Carlos around. Despite the words, the caricatures of the men were obvious.

La Verdad

Postby La Verdad » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Some weeks later, another cartoon appeared- this one of the Miguels working with the Church to bind the people of Altamira. People were noticing the cartoons... but no one was openly stating if they approved or disapproved of them.

La Verdad

Postby Gaspar Salamanca » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:38 pm

At first Gaspar cannot believe his eyes. So sacreligious! and here in public. He doesn't know what he feels more, his admiration at the freedom of youth, or the trepidation that comes with seeing the bigger picture. Finally precaution wins out and, looking to see he isn't being scrutinized, pulls the flyer down. "No" he thinks mentally, "having a good laugh isn't as important as keeping the Inquisition's eyes elsewhere..."

He quickly hurries down the street. After all, his meeting's just gotten far more important...
Gaspar Salamanca

Postby La Verdad » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:23 pm

The next cartoon appeared a few weeks later, showing Altamira being caught in the middle of the feud between De Cordova and Santino

La Verdad

Postby La Verdad » Thu May 16, 2013 10:24 pm

And finally, one more comic appeared right before dawn broke, showing a caricature of Santino smiling with a poisoned dagger at a figure marked as 'Altamira'

La Verdad

Postby salamanca » Thu May 16, 2013 11:26 pm

I van't belive some guy is paying me to stick these pictures up all over the city. I don't know as I like pictures of people stabbing my city. Seems like a bad omen that will cause something in the city to end up getting broken. I wonder why nobody ever asks me to hang up pictures of cats doing silly things?.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to "In Character"