A letter to the San Marcos Chapterhouse

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

A letter to the San Marcos Chapterhouse

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 pm

(The letter is written in Castillian, though it is apparent that the author is not a native to the country.)

Señor Montevada,

I have been in Altamira on behalf of my aunt, Miss Trudie Sigurd of Kirk, for the past few months. As a member of the Swordsman's Guild, I have, of course, registered my arrival at the Chapterhouse and have checked in on several occasions for potential job opportunities for myself as well as any chance to further my own training in the meantime. All in all, I am enjoying my time in Altamira -- for the most part.

However, in these past few weeks, there has been some tension in the air as of late in the streets of this city. There has been this troubling (for lack of a better word) ditty making the rounds about an Inish Swordsman (a practitioner of Donovan, not one of Castille's fine schools) here in Altamira. Having talked with a few of the locals, Swordsmen and non-Swordsmen alike, it truly is uneasy to hear about how wild and unprofessional one in our craft is willing to present himself. Señor Montevada, I know the reputation you wish to show of Altamira's Chapterhouse. That pride and skill of the Swordsman can be tempered with discipline and good judgement.

So it's heartbreaking to hear about one of our profession acting so irresponsibly here in Altamira, doubly so that it's one of the Donovan school. I have yet to have the honour of meeting him, but everything I have heard about Master Miles Donovan back in Kirk leads me to believe that he is a man of discipline and self-restraint. I dare say he would be quite offended that a Swordsman of the school that bears his name would encourage the unnecessary flaring of tempers and willful, unruly pride! Such a man will only cast a black eye on the image of Swordsmen everywhere.

I have no desire to seek out and cross paths with this Inishman while I continue my business in the city. However, should Altamira be ever visited by a Donovan master who knows how to carry himself or herself properly, I humbly request to be notified. I know I am not the only Swordsman in Altamira who seeks to broaden their education in the art of the blade in this matter.

Respectfully yours,
Annie Sigurd
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to "In Character"