Don Gallo!

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

Don Gallo!

Postby crimsonjoe » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:00 am

"I have", Peter Galvin said as he picked up his mandolin, "Been asked by several of our friends here, to put together a song for our good friend, our hero, the greatest bullfighter in Altamira... Don Gallo."

At the sound of his name, a good dozen men and women picked up their drinks and shouted "DON GALLO!", whooping and hollering loudly in Eladio's establishment, the Dos Caballeros y Doncellas. Peter nodded sagely.

"And I was starting to prepare a ballad, but then I thought about about it. Ballads are generally sad songs, somber tunes to bring a tear to a person's eye. Our friend Don Gallo..."

"DON GALLO!"

"Indeed. Our friend is many things, but I never want to associate him with sad and somber. So I changed this to a more upbeat number. In fact, there's a part for all of Don Gallo..."

"DON GALLO!"

"...all of his fans to sing along. I think you'll pick it up quickly. It follows a basic structure I learned out on the beaches of Avalon as a wee boy."

Peter began playing a simple but upbeat song on his mandolin, encouraging the crowd to sing along as he began:

#Ah, Don Don Don Don Don Gallo
Don Don Don Don Don Gallo

Oh Don Gallo, Slay the Bull
Don Gallo
He stood tall, above all
Every Lady Loves
Don Gallo Don Don
Don Don Gallo

In Altamira, looking for a hero
Saw Don Gallo, greatest man of the era
Don Gallo, Don Gallo
Slay the Bull
When he’s around, wins are found,
We all love the sound
of Don Gallo Don Don
Don Don Don Don dead bull

Don Gallo, Slay the Bull
Don Gallo
He stood tall, above all
Every Lady Loves
Don Gallo Don Don
Don Don Gallo#
crimsonjoe

Re: Don Gallo!

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 am

For a brief moment, Annie tensed. Her head immediately whipped around to scan for a certain annoying Inishman. A flicker of anger sparked across her eyes as she feared the rat bastard had out paid her for Galvin's services. Then she relaxed as the song continued to play. It finally filtered through to the Vendel that the song was about someone else. One thought popped through Annie's mind.

What is it about this city and their bulls?!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Re: Don Gallo!

Postby ZombieTonyBlair » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:49 pm

This is Don Gallo, and Don Gallo approves of this message.
ZombieTonyBlair

Return to "In Character"