Homeless

Is your hero looking to reach out to their fellows? Here's the place to do it.
Forum rules
Just a reminder that all posts in this forum should be in character and unless you address your comments to a specific person in the subject line, assume that anyone (PCs and NPCs both) can (and will) 'overhear' your conversation.

Homeless

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 pm

Rene takes it all back. Everything remotely nice he ever said about Altimira he takes it back. Rene was simply minding his own business in a hotel room, that he paid good money for and he was ousted. Out into the streets his money not returned no explanation....nothing!!!

"Why be nice? Why be good? Why be heroic when all it does is put you in a disadvantage to the rest of the world who isn't playing fair at all?" -Rene said to himself.

Rene had gone to Eladio and asked for a place to stay, but all this nonsense about Inquisition, and being watched had apparently been linked to Rene. "what had I done?"

Maybe it was that Manfred. It was probably all that clergy attacking that he did. Rene, out in the streets no place to stay, no business willing to give him food or anything else found himself doing the unthinkable asking Manfred for help.
mEh77

Re: Homeless

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:48 pm

Romeo followed the spy around town some more. He was sleeping in alleys and empty shacks. Obviously watching someone important. Now all little Romeo had to do was watch the watcher and see who was in danger. Obviously, this montaigne was a spy, he had a nice room in the fanciest hotel in town and was not even using it. So now it was a matter of sitting and waiting with his legs dangling off the edge of the building. Just sitting and waiting...sitting and waiting...waiting... Spying is boring, time to go get a snack from the tamale man.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:14 pm

"Urgh."

Who's knocking on my door at this hour, I was having such a nice sleep. Judging by the sun it's 3 or 4 in the afternoon at least.

The nerve of some people. Thought Manfred.

"What, what do you want you worthless Castillian milk drin-". He says as he throws the door open.

"Oh no, what do you want."
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:25 pm

"They let you have a hotel room!?! Well it must not be the clergy thing...."

"Um yes hello good friend, and gracious ally of mine Manfred. A man who's generosity is oft understated and unseen by many. I have a small favor to ask........Could I perhaps share this room with you? I will pay double your rent here the rest would be your?"

Rene sat there smelling of the streets and hiding the ever present pangs of hunger that stabbed at him. He hoped that his gambit would work. Manfred had always struck him as a callous but plain person. He could not pass up free money, although he did dislike Rene. Rene hoped that money was more appealing.
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:39 pm

Manfred stares at Rene for a moment.

"What, why do you need to stay here, you have your own room."
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 pm

"Well...about that...No I don't."

"I was asked to leave and been denied food, drink, and shelter since by every establishment."

"Eladio hinted that it might be due to the (mubles the next word) inquisition's interest in me."

"So is it a deal."
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:26 pm

"Inquisition? I wouldn't worry about it. What are they gonna do?"

"See, look I'm not afraid. Acting like a man."

"So back to your original question."

Manfred slams the door in Rene's face and goes back to bed.
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:28 pm

"So it's like a maybe?"

"Manfred....."
mEh77

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 pm

The spy just went back to the hotel... Well, i'll just sit out here and eat this tasty tamale and wait to see where it goes. And after I finish that tamale, I have this really huge custard pastry to enjoy. He looked far to busy spying to eat. Which serves him right. Maybe I need to warn some folks he is a spy. I should ask Dona Elvira about that if I ever figure out where she has gotten to these days.
salamanca

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:40 pm

Rene thought to himself about who he could go to. There was Don Gallo....but Rene thought he might actually kill himself or him if he heard his name for an entire day. There was Romero.....

That could actually work. Why not. Where does that little Welp even live?' I'll ask around about his mom. She seems nice maybe she would take him in?
mEh77

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Heck if that kid was actually Theus he would have to let him stay. It's Theus he would do the right thing.
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Manfred walks up to Rene, stands next to him and stares straight ahead.

He puts down his sack.

"So apparently the Inquisition can do quite a bit. Like making sure nobody will rent a room to you for example. So where are we off to partner?"
Last edited by Eyeheartawk on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:57 pm

Rene would have laughed if he weren't so hungry....

"Romero's? He seemed an industrious guy and he maybe Theus...but never mind that bit. Worst case scenario he directs us in the right direction."

"Also...where does he live?"
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:08 pm

"Over..."

Manfred points in a random direction.

"there."
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:09 pm

"...no idea huh?"
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:27 pm

"No, none."
Eyeheartawk

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Romeo watched the spy meet up with... Wonderful, he is in cahoots with the big scary guy with a beard. The seem to be looking for someone, best put on a mask and follow along the rooftops. Hmmm, sure are wandering in strange areas and patterns today. I think they must have quite a plan to elude pursuit... Best be careful. They passed the tamale man in 1st Prophets square and wandered near the bull ring. Then they wandered up the plaza toward Casa Bonita where they passed the Tamale man again before stopping short of 3rd Prophets square and agreeing not to go there because of some merchant. Then they circled the swordsman's guild and went back down paseo largo where the Tamale man was selling lots of food to the dockhands. Then Eladio pushed them right back out the door, a sure sign they are up to no good. Then they wandered down through the catwalk (which is always fun to leap through because the roofs are steeper so you get a good running start). And there the Tamale man was packing up for the evening. Sure seemed like lots of people were avoiding them, so that must mean they really are spies. Well, nothing to be done but warn some grown ups and make sure they know. Now who would listen to me today...?
salamanca

Postby mEh77 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Rene was exhausted, and frustrated to no end. He had spent an entire day with Manfried. He had gone over nearly every inch of this stupid city and not one sign of that little runt Romero. Rene was glad to have found some scraps of food as he wandered about. The strangest thing kept happening though no matter where they went that tamale guy seemed to be there. He didn't directly give any food, but it wasn't hard to get some just as he left from the cart or scraps that had fallen off. If anything, Rene thought, this cart was rare. Perhaps Manfried's incessant ramblings about a porte tamale man were true, but there was no use in thinking this over. They needed to find someone and soon Rene thought.

Sure Rene had spent a large part of his life picking up the scraps of the nobles, and feeding himself rather figuratively or literally off of them, but that part of his life was supposed to be over. He was not supposed to have to live like this. Rene spotted a nice alleyway and ducked in as the sun began to dip below the horizon. Perhaps tomorrow would bear more fruit.......or any fruit. Rene thought about all the different types of fruits, and pastries he would eat once he straightened this whole mess out. Rene had never much cared about the Inquisition or religions by and large. Rene had always thought them a grown up fairy tale that people told themselves so that they didn't have go to bed miserable. Now his life appeared to pivot around these people. Rene would have gone on thinking about this if it weren't the large Eisen man who had begun relieving himself in the corner of the alley.

"Manfried we don't piss where we sleep!! It's an age old saying....."
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:10 am

"Don't tell me what to do! You're not my mother. "

Wait. That's it. Romeo's mother. Everybody in town always was threatening to tell on Romeo to his mother. Surely lots of people in town know her. Rather than aimlessly wander about (and collecting valuable intel on the Tamale Man I suspect to be a Porte mage) we should just ask people if they know where Romeo's mother lives.

I turn around, looking Rene in the eyes.

"Have we, you know, tried just asking people where Romeo's mother lives?"

I finish my business, pick up my sack and start walking down the alley.
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:59 am

".....no. That would have made sense though."

Realizing that he is actually talking to himself as Manfred walks down the alley way Rene wonders what Manfred will do at night when no establishment will serve him. Rene thinks it better not to suggest we wait until tomorrow seeing as Manfred only moments ago nearly peed on him. Rene hustled to follow behind Manfred. He was confident that this would turn out poorly.
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:16 pm

Manfred is hustling down the alley, his mind racing. He is tired of walking around with nothing to show for it. He's going to find Romeo's house tonight.

"Keep up Rene, I'm trying to get things done here".

Manfred exits the alley and into a residential street. It must be no later than 10 o'clock. He sees a house up the way with a candle burning in the window. Manfred makes his way up to the house in long determined strides. He pounds on the door with a gauntlet-ed fist.

"Is this Romeo's house? Tell me where he lives or you will learn to fear the name of Don Gallo!"

And just as suddenly as Manfred's assault on the door began the door is thrown open suddenly...
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:43 pm

Rene walked casually towards Manfried. Rene had not known much about Manfried, but he had learned that if he was determined to do something most likely someone would get hurt....Even if it were completely unnecessary. Rene would have judged Manfried for this fact if it were not for Rene's own "difficulty," with heroics mirroring the same issue.

Rene saw Manfried isolate a house and begin pounding and yelling. Rene would have told Manfried, that this was likely not Romeo's house, but Rene knew that Manfried didn't really care. Just as Manfried began to use his favorite new fake name "Don Gallo," the door had indeed opened.

Who stood in front of him gave both Rene and Manfried pause. The withered eyes of a man well into his 70's, holding on to the door for support. He wore poor clothing, and appeared confused.

"Hello? Is someone there? I can see a shape in the doorway, but you must excuse me but my vision has been failing as of late. Who is it?"

Rene was intrigued. How would Manfried handle a helpless old man?
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:14 pm

...To reveal an old confused, and likely blind, old man.

Manfred blinks for a second. He clears his throat.

"Ahem, yes excuse me senior, me and my friend Don Gallo here," He motions to Rene. "were wondering if you knew the location of Romeo's residence?"
Eyeheartawk

Postby mEh77 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Rene couldn't help but chuckle. He was glad that Manfried had not punched whoever opened the door instantly, and of course had to place the blame upon Rene. Rene would take the blame, as long as it got him closer to food and shelter.

The old man continued to look confused at the two gentlemen (or shapes he saw in his doorway).

"What is this regarding? Who are you? Why are you at my door in the middle of the night?"
mEh77

Postby Eyeheartawk » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:33 pm

"Hmm," thought Manfred "he's asking the same question again, he must be hard of hearing."

Manfred decides to be helpful and restate the question for this kind old man.

"HELLO SENIOR," shouts Manfred directly at the elderly gentleman, "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE CHILD ROMEO LIVES? I AM TRYING TO FIND HIS HOUSE. I HAVE TO SLEEP IN THIS CHILD'S HOME."

"That should do it." thought Manfred "It's always nice to do these little things for people."
Eyeheartawk

Next

Return to "In Character"