Chargen Questions

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Chargen Questions

Postby DiscoSoup » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 am

So I notice that you referenced the Crystal Keep document in the character generation section. Do you follow their house rules? I specifically mean are you using their version of the language costs and the "double knacks don't stack" rule, or are you using standard language rules and stacked knacks?

Also, since we get a lot more points to begin with, is our maximum knack level of 3 at character gen increased or does it remain the same?
DiscoSoup

Re: Chargen Questions

Postby kenderleech » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:09 am

The crystal keep cheat sheets are a handy reference, but not the rules of the house, generally speaking. Use language costs out of the players guide, no regional accents or benefits, Yes, you can combostack knacks from different skills, but nothing stacks over 3 from hero points. What you spend your XP on is your bidness, provided you can 'splain anything funky to mark, sal, laura or myself (mostly mark tho, his house, his rules).
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:16 am

Ken hit the high points. The only thing I'd add is to take a look at the Character Creation page. Down near the bottom of the page is a section called Designing Your Own Character. Step 2 has the full description of our Campaign Specific rules.

The only other thing I'd add is, when trying to pick Advantages, the rule is, if it comes from the book of a nation we don't allow, we won't allow the Advantage either.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:54 pm

Mind you, some later XP expenditures can make for an interesting role-playing gig during Personal Agendas if the GMs don't allow it right away.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to Welcome