Best way to start campaign for a new player

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Best way to start campaign for a new player

Postby Dekelia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 pm

I just played my first games at Origin this year and so am obviously very late to the party. What is the best way for a new player to play the campaign when joining in the middle?

I played ep 2 and 3 at Origins. It looks like up to 8 are retired. I can only make it to one convention (Origins) each year. At Origins, I would probably try to play up to four games plus the PA.

Is it best (if possible) to play them in order through the flashbacks? It would take a VERY long time to catch up.
Would it be better to read the synopsis for 1-8 and play 9- in order (would still not be current until year 3).
Is it better to be up to date and play the two new scenarios each year and just back play the others when possible?

I'm curious what peoples opinion on this is. Has anyone else here had to do the same thing? What was your experience. It should be noted that when I say "best way" I simply mean "most fun way".

Kevin
Dekelia

Re: Best way to start campaign for a new player

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 pm

I would stay a year behind the release for a couple reasons. 1- we are starting to resolve some plots and that may ruin an older Adventure. 2- with you probably wanting to play with your boys, it will be easier to get multiple seats in the games that the vets are not fighting for seats at.

As for which sessions... 5&6 both set up some important material toward our three big stories.

7 advances one story significantly but could be skipped with reading the write up. 8 advances our main story but again can be covered in the write up. 9 is awesome and given how you all dealt with episode 2, you want to play it. 10 is a great social adventure and good for making some important NPC contacts. 11 is not one of my key adventures if you had to skip a few, this one can be on that list. 12 is essential before 13 and 14.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: Best way to start campaign for a new player

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 pm

I agree with everything Dave said, save that 11 is just not relevant, yet. It does set up something that will be important later on, so I would recommend playing it.

Oh and don't forget DOMINGO GIGANTE! on sundays (that should give you another chance to get in on the adventures you've missed).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Welcome