Adapting a 2nd Ed Sorte deck to 1st Ed.

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Adapting a 2nd Ed Sorte deck to 1st Ed.

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:06 am

My group is (hopefully) heading to Vodacce soon. We backed enough on the 2nd Ed KS to get the Sorte deck and I dearly want to use it as a prop. But I know the arcana is different from what's in 1st Ed. While I can BS a tarot reading with the best of them, any advice on using the deck would be helpful.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Re: Adapting a 2nd Ed Sorte deck to 1st Ed.

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:27 pm

Well I think you're in luck because there are exactly as many of the Arcana cards in 2nd Ed as first. The names vary a bit but there are quite a few overlaps. I did a quick matchup and this is what I came up with. 1st Ed Arcana on the left, it's corresponding 2nd Ed card on the right (the ones in parentheses are the ones I've guessed at)). If you have any questions feel free to ask my why I chose what I did.

Fool – Fool
Magician – The Magician
High Priestess – (The Witch)
Empress – (The Thrones)
Imperator – The Emperor
Hierophant – (The Prophet)
Lovers – The Lovers
Chariot – (The Road)
Strength – (The War)
Hermit – (The Beggar)
Fortune – (The Coins)
Justice – (The Hero)
Hanged Man – The Hanged Man
Death – (The Duel)
Temperance – (The Glyph)
Legion – (The Devil)
Tower – The Tower
Star – (The Wheel)
Moon – (The Moonless Night)
Sun – The Sun
Judgment – (The Betrayal)
Terra – (Reunion)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:06 am

I should have added this earlier. To be honest I don't use the 2nd Ed Tarot for HoA (or my home games) I use the one that looks like this. Image
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:45 am

Yeah, I have that deck as well. But I wanna use the 2nd Ed deck for this since 1) it really looks Cool, 2) I'm not gonna be running 2nd Ed any time soon so I might as well get some use out of it & 3) the differences WILL throw the so-called "Tarot expert" off. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to Welcome