Welcome

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Re: Welcome

Postby Orianna » Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

I look forward to my character suffering!

(No, really; I've found that the more my character gets into trouble, the better the roleplaying opportunities. I try to build my backstories so that the GMs have lots of ammunition.)
Orianna

Postby Alejandro » Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Orianna wrote:I look forward to my character suffering!

(No, really; I've found that the more my character gets into trouble, the better the roleplaying opportunities. I try to build my backstories so that the GMs have lots of ammunition.)

Somehow, I get the notion that these guys don't need any extra help from us to make our characters' lives interesting.
Alejandro

Postby Orianna » Thu May 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Alejandro wrote:
Somehow, I get the notion that these guys don't need any extra help from us to make our characters' lives interesting.

Well, I think you know me and my backstories by now. Scheming and drama everywhere... maybe I've been influenced by my mom's soap operas! I've never involved amnesia, identical twins, or a coma, though...
Orianna

Postby salamanca » Fri May 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Identical look a-likes, where did I use that... Oh yeah, Giovanni's Grande Ball. As for amnesia, I don't recall if we ever got into what I had planned for Lady Grace back in the day.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Fri May 11, 2012 9:50 pm

salamanca wrote:Identical look a-likes, where did I use that... Oh yeah, Giovanni's Grande Ball. As for amnesia, I don't recall if we ever got into what I had planned for Lady Grace back in the day.

Poor, poor Mercutio...every time I tried to get him into a game, it petered out before he ever could figure out his past. What was REALLY eerie was the number of you unrelated GMs that kept teasing he was somehow linked to the Caligaris (maybe).
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Poor, poor Mercutio...every time I tried to get him into a game, it petered out before he ever could figure out his past. What was REALLY eerie was the number of you unrelated GMs that kept teasing he was somehow linked to the Caligaris (maybe).

WEEELLL LG...
There is this new "Living Campaign" making its way through the con circuit. I hear that it uses 7th Sea rules. And from what I understand it touts itself as being very receptive to dealing with individual backgrounds. And since it's only in it's second year (out of a proposed 12) you'd have a lot of time to answer your quiry. So if you REALLY wanted to find out what Mercutio's past was, you could join up...

Just Sayin... ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Well subsequent to Origins and we're seeing a bunch of new folks showing up! GREAT!

Welcome to
Schneider
Eric Rosenthal
Corporal Marco
Nutmet_25

and
smafdi

Mark

(and if there's anyone I've forgotten to welcome, Welcome to you too!)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby crimsonjoe » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:01 pm

Hello, one and all... 'Tis I, Lady Grace's other half, signing on. Looking forward to Con on the Cob, and already thinking of a new character for the game.
crimsonjoe

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:04 pm

*loots crimsonjoe*

*whistles innocently*
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am

So this morning, I woke up to a nice little surprise, Lord_Nabu found his way over to GoSM and is now registered. I'm so happy!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lord_Nabu » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:52 am

Oh, yes, I did, here I am :-) I'va actually played recently, as a GM but still, so I'm a bit back into 7th Sea.
My personal 2nd ed. 7th Sea can be found here: http://theah.sanctum.dk/#home be forewarned might be too simulationist for the weak of heart.
Lord_Nabu

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:29 pm

*loots Nabu*

What? ;)

Lady Grace

Postby Lord_Nabu » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:30 pm

Lady Grace wrote:*loots Nabu*

What? ;)

Why am I looted? Do I need to brush up on my 1337 speak??
My personal 2nd ed. 7th Sea can be found here: http://theah.sanctum.dk/#home be forewarned might be too simulationist for the weak of heart.
Lord_Nabu

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:23 am

You may ignore Grace's attempts at looting. We all just smile and nod (it keeps her out of trouble). Good to see you in the house, my friend.
salamanca

Postby Lord_Nabu » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:39 am

salamanca wrote:You may ignore Grace's attempts at looting. We all just smile and nod (it keeps her out of trouble). Good to see you in the house, my friend.

Thanks, it's good to be here.
Lord_Nabu

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 16, 2013 1:05 pm

Been a while since I did any welcoming, but it occurs to me I should probably introduce HoA's stable of GMs. In addition to myself (whom you can see at everywhere other than Con on the Cob), we have

salamanca (whom you can see at Origins and Con on the Cob)
Rebecca Iavelli (at TotalConfusion, Origins, OGC-Open Gaming Convention, and GenCon)
DrKwang (at TotalConfusion)
kenderleech (at GenCon)

I owe each of them big for donating their time, effort, and support.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Just how much do you owe?. If we are talking first born children...not interested. (got enough responsibilities already). Just remember folks, if not for this campaign I would have retired from GMing by now. (so it's his fault when I start maiming you)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 16, 2013 3:11 pm

salamanca wrote:Just how much do you owe?. If we are talking first born children...not interested.

Really? I was thinking of the awesome introductions.
Hi, I'm Dave, and this is my son Dave...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Thu May 16, 2013 8:16 pm

Don't hold your breath Sal. He is keeping you in a stable after all.
spizio

Postby salamanca » Thu May 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Mark, it's worse than that... My middle name is the same as your last name. As for a stable, that is gonna get claimed when Laura asks for a pony. (in reality, mark keeps me in this building that has no doors or windows that I am forbidden to speak of)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 16, 2013 11:24 pm

salamanca wrote:Mark, it's worse than that... My middle name is the same as your last name.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MackMcGif » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:53 am

Thank you Mark and Dave for a great time at Origins (despite the ridiculous amount of horse murder - I'm looking at you Kenny!)! I've only been roleplaying for less than 6months really but you guys made it easy! Can't wait to see you guys again at GenCon!

Meredith ♡

ALSO I really want to join PA at GenCon because I have to know the secret of the TAMALE MAN!
MackMcGif

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 am

Thanks for joining us Meredith. Glad you had a great time in your games. As for the Tamale Man... Lots of speculation on him around the town. Seems like he is never in the same place two days in a row and he always seems to be in the same neighborhood you are in. And if you run across town, he has somehow managed to get to that side of town WITH his cart before you. In fairness to those not present during speculation, Mark and I have confirmed for players that the Tamale Man are not twins. Other speculation (all unconfirmed) include the use of porte (probably bad for players eating his wares daily), that he has street navigation rank 6 (and can teach it), thought he may be the shadow king (it would be a great cover for quick meetings and contacts), and that he is a shadow stepping DK guardian of Altamira (the DK are sneaky). So, yeah. I would say looking into his activities may reveal useful or interesting information
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:51 am

MackMcGif wrote: Can't wait to see you guys again at GenCon!

Meredith ♡

ALSO I really want to join PA at GenCon because I have to know the secret of the TAMALE MAN!

Alas our GenCon crew is slightly different (Me, Laura, and kenderleech) so you won't see Dave :( But I promise you'll know more than you ever thought possible (or even wanted to know) about the Tamale Man at GenCon's PA...

Oh and since I didn't say it earlier, Welcome Meredith!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Welcome aboard! Ill see you at gencon, Im running year 1 and most of the year 2 sessions, and playing in the year 3s
kenderleech

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome