Welcome

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Re: Welcome

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Welcome to our newest member (joining to drop in on us at OGC) MC43!!!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MC43 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:55 am

Oh... oh, OH! Uh... uh... so unexpected. I'm so not prepared...

First, I'd like to thank my parents for giving me life steering me in this direction and...

What do you mean this isn't that kind of speech?

---

Hi guys. My name is Mark, and I have been gaming for a few years now. It really started in college (though I have been doing video games my entire life, as well as some PnP in high school), but then took off in my senior year when I found groups around here that were willing to bring on a young kid to their table. Since then I've been trying to get in as much table top as I can.

I started out in 3.5, with some dabbles in 3.0, but Pathfinder is my current drug of choice. I'm in a 4th ed, and know plenty of other systems (because of OGC), and I'm real excited to learn and play 7th seas.

Thanks for letting me join the crew, and I hope to not make a complete fool of myself, and meet some great people along the way.
MC43

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:14 am

Making a fool of yourself is half the fun. Remind me to regale you with the tales of other heroes and their, ahem, "riding skills"
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:13 pm

Dibs on the cow!
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Just remember the trick to enjoying this game and success are the same... Do not worry about the stats on your sheet and instead be creative in your actions. Bold and creative is the sure path to success. Never "attack". "duck his swing and give him a shot to the chest to keep him off balance" instead. Never run if you can grab a rope or chandelier and swing. Swashbuckling games are meant to have interesting but mechanically useless thrills.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:12 pm

Also, dont ask if there is anything to hide behind. tell us what you are hiding behind. Dont ask if theres a knife in the kitchen, grab it off the counter, and ride the drink trolly to the fight
kenderleech

Postby MC43 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 am

I'll have to try and keep that in mind. I'm more used to a rigid form of gaming, but I've been known to have creative spurts, so hopefully I can take advantage of it. You'll have to go easy on me... but I'll try and keep up!
MC43

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:15 pm

And more new faces (though an old name), Welcome svensven!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby svensven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:17 am

Hello all. I'm Matt, a holdover from Patrick's Thwack Origins games from 2000 and on. I've gamed with many of you in the past and have always admired and appreciated your devotion to this great system and setting.

My wife Jenny will be along shortly. She's been running our now 13 year campaign, although this is our final year. When we saw there was an ongoing event running at Gen Con we knew we wanted to be part of it. Running into the always dashing, always ded segsy young Sal at Origins sealed the deal.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Gen Con and test-driving this rather simple-minded Vodacce I've crafted for the occasion. It's my first foray out of Vesten/Urssuran waters... :)

I should probably ask: We were quasi-required to bring Patrick pixie sticks for Origins games. Are there similar dietary restrictions placed by the Guild of San Marcos gamemasters?

Matt
Last edited by svensven on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svensven

Postby kenderleech » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:53 am

Im not going to object if you happen to bring a snacrifice, but its not required, and usually i bring my own
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:55 pm

I love Snapple (but I bring along a treasure chest filled with Werther's Originals and Jolly Ranchers) and can always be bribed with Dr. Pepper (though it isn't necessary).

After all, you're going to be forced to listen to me pontificate for 4 hours. I should be bribing you ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:10 am

I have however, been known to award drama dice to people who fetch me water when i am thirsty.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:14 am

I may need a duel background with Matt over opting to play at GenCon instead of Origins... But old friends are always a blessing when they return.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:45 pm

The day after GenCon and we already have TWO new additions to our little group. Everyone say "Hello" to daundelyon and MacShidhe our two newest Ussurans!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Welcome to the board! Make sure when you step on it, it is secure to the deck and dock, otherwise, its a plank, and we only make people we dont like walk that.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:19 pm

And another, Welcome Watcher487!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Watcher487 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Thanks Mark. Good to be here.
Watcher487

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:02 pm

Lets give a warm welcome to our newest member (and crossover from the AEG Boards) Luc Dulac!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Hi Luc. The kool aid is totally safe here. But be wary of the jolly rancher candies.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 am

salamanca wrote:Hi Luc. The kool aid is totally safe here. But be wary of the jolly rancher candies.

Worst sexy costume ever!

spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm

And, introducing (and a big warm welcome) to our very first player from Carnage, eclipse_time! WELCOME ABOARD!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:28 pm

We apparently have someone new that contacted Dave. So since we haven't spoken before, let me just say Welcome nbragg!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi Nick. For the record I have been trying to talk Nick into Origins for a few years but he keeps having excuses like marrying a pretty girl and having a child. Despite a plan to play a sorceror, I still think he's a cool guy.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:40 am

Lets everyone give a warm welcome to our TWO newest members alyra007 and Ironhide009 (who both, apparently, feel the need to throw in a forum name that TOTALLY looks like a spam account. ;) ) Welcome anyway Casey and James!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:10 am

Hey, welcome to the funhouse. Before anybody thinks of tricking the new folk, Casey has been playing 7th sea with me for about 13 years. James...well he's been around for about that long. (actually, he is an early experiment in what a full lifetime of gaming will do to a human being...don't tell him)
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome