I'm me, I swear. Ask him.

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

I'm me, I swear. Ask him.

Postby Pirated » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:02 pm

Hey everyone,

Firstly, I am not an evil spam-bot sent back through time to kill John Connor. I swear. Secondly, I've become interested in 7th Sea due to frequent GenCon trips and my friends who gather there playing at 7th Sea games. So that's why I'm here. To learn. I'm a learner-er-er... I'll stop now.
Pirated

Re: I'm me, I swear. Ask him.

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:44 pm

Pirated, First Welcome! Glad to have someone show up in the last couple of weeks I didn't have to delete immediately :D
As for learning, feel free to ask. If you have a character in mind but need some help, no problem there either.

You mentioned going to GenCon. Are you involved with/have you played through the Crimson Valor living campaign? They are quite a bit farther along in terms of the number of adventures out (I mean if you were looking to get more experience). HoA will have a mere 2 for Origins and GenCon (though my plan is to run them multiple times each).

Anyway, welcome aboard!
Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Too bad Origins is dumb and cut us (Crimson Valor) down to only 9 games the entire con. --__--
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Kara is that you?!?

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

Hahaha! Hi!!! ^.^
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Tue May 10, 2011 2:49 pm

I'm pretty sure Origins would have no problem with more CV. The issue more likely has to do with space limits on GB 7 and how many events they can cram into that space. There may also be the factor of how many GMs you can fit into your room. BUT the big ? For Kara is will she be in columbus?.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 10, 2011 3:15 pm

Klcp wrote:Too bad Origins is dumb and cut us (Crimson Valor) down to only 9 games the entire con. --__--

As of this morning, there were 18 CV events plus the DD. What has changed?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 10, 2011 3:47 pm

My understanding (from speaking with tptb regarding forgetting to put in my events) is that Origins lost a lot of money on GB7 and insisted they slash the number of events (it was intimated that if my events didn't go off, that they'd be marching me over to Origins headquarters to put me to work elsewhere*). But, oddly, there didn't seem to be any problem with getting my events a place to play, just reimbursement (which is nill, see below).

Mark

*NOTE: I didn't say one thing either way about this given that getting GB7 to get my events in seems to be the only way this will work this year. HOWEVER, since I am paying for my own badge, my own accomodations, travel, food, snacks, etc. I will most assuredly not be doing anything at Origins that I don't want to do.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm

Actually we originally submitted 19 events.
As Mark said, Origins lost about $1000 on games that didn't go off last year and since it happens a lot to Game Base 7, they contacted John Minderman (head) and told him that we needed to remove a certain number of games.
Mark, he asked them if it would be okay that instead of dropping our games, we could work for Origins during the slots that they games don't go off during. They originally said that that would be fine but then changed their minds and said, no, we have to drop the games.
The Crimson Valor campaign was forced to drop 10 of our events leaving us with nine left.
The schedule is as follows:

Thu
2-6 CV15
7-11 CV16
Fri
9-1 CV01
2-6 CV17
7-11 CVDD
Sat
9-1 CV01
2-6 CV17
7-11 CV18
Sun
9-1 CV18

Yeah, that's it. It hasn't been changed on the Master Events List yet, but that is what it is as of last night. PLEASE feel free to complain as loud as you like and in any way you choose to Origins Game Fair.

@Dave: Of course I'll be there! I'm running CV15, 16, the second 17 and at least half of the DD (may be either playing or running the second half depending on the number of players that we have)

@Mark: If you want to move this to another thread so more people can see it if they have questions, feel free.
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Tue May 10, 2011 8:17 pm

This is why I hate gaming with "national game groups". It always becomes an issue when a GM has to hand control to someone outside the creative team. You guys should ditch them next year and go independent. You have a strong enough following and the only real change is you have to submit your list directly. As for the GB7 cuts, they should be looking at a list of what did and did not sell and cut accordingly. Thnaks for the list update. Helps me in scheduling.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Tue May 10, 2011 8:32 pm

It's not GB7s fault and actually we've been talking about forming our own separate goup for a couple years. The issues (if I remember correctly) are 1) it's more cost effective for us to stay with them for now (if we separated there is a good chance that the price for our events would go up) 2) yeah I can't remember...it's literally been a year and a half since we talked about it...it may still happen in the future though.

Oh, @Mark if we do form it, it is likely to become a 7th Sea group and I do remember talking about including you and other 7th Sea campaigns in with it (if you're interested and if it ever happens).
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 11, 2011 9:41 am

Hmmm. Kara shows up and we've got as many new posts in one day as we've had in months...

Actually, the Outer Rim chapter of GB7 could include the Starship Troopers campaign (SST events) plus a few others much smaller, to form a decent sized group.
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Wed May 11, 2011 9:56 am

Wait...you're Mitch's dad...aren't you?

I only have 6.6% of all the posts...and I was actually surprised that you all responded to my posts in the first place...almost as if...you check the forum every day... (I tend to be on forums like this for like two weeks straight and then forget about it for a month or two before having another post burst, although, it's likely that I'll be on a lot because I've got Origins fever now and it won't go away until I'm two days into the convention)

It's also because I had the answers to some CV questions that people had...that accumulated a lot of posts...

Plussss...I can spam sometimes. I'm trying to edit my old posts rather than post new ones so I don't have like 6 posts in a span of 10 minutes before anyone can even read them. That's cuz I remember more stuff that I want to say after the fact...all the time...and my brain is in overdrive so I'm not really sure what is significant enough to add or if I should let it go...

...plus this forum gave me a good excuse to not do my homework and then stay up all night.

(I'm two and hours away from setting a personal record for how long I've been awake)
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 11, 2011 10:49 am

Nope, different Mike.

I'm the one that you said always was wearing the same shirt! :lol:
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Wed May 11, 2011 12:13 pm

A HA!! Mike B! That's actually who I though you were at first but then you mentioned that about starship troopers and I knew that the other Mike was helping to run it so I figured you were him then. Okay, I know who you are. :) Should have gone with my first instinct! (The "Sister Sonya" thing was kind of a big clue I guess cuz I know, when given a choice, you like to play female characters...and obviously Mike is a guy name...and I don't know any other Mikes who are okay with playing females...)

Pardon my retardedness...been awake for 24 hours.
Klcp

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 11, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm tired of playing males in most RPGs, and females are much more interesting characters in general anyway! Unfortunately my acting ability is about zero.

You'll have to ask Sal about the habit that I made for myself as "Cristina" for his LARP a number of years ago.
Sister Sonya

Postby Klcp » Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh yeah? I bet that was a fun game!
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Wed May 11, 2011 6:06 pm

I will see if I still have pictures. (the good old days, mike in a nun's outfit, floyd with hair, me with hair, charlie... Actually he looks exactly the same).
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 pm

If your looking for the year that happened, it was in 2004, as it was the first year I came to Origins, and I do have pictures of the event, but they were taken by old fashioned regular camera, before I ever owned a computer compatible one, so I don't have them so I can download them.

Hmmmm, maybe if I look them up, I can get Mark to scan them, or hopefully Sal can find some he has.
Edit: Or maybe if I can find them, I'll bring them with me, lol.
Last edited by Rebecca Iavelli on Thu May 12, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby cpugs » Wed May 11, 2011 7:39 pm

Dave, I'd argue the point, but a friend posted some shots from LARP's we have been in since 1999. Other than the hair getting grayer I do look pretty much the same....
cpugs

Postby Harliquinn » Wed May 11, 2011 8:32 pm

salamanca wrote:I will see if I still have pictures. (the good old days, mike in a nun's outfit, floyd with hair, me with hair, charlie... Actually he looks exactly the same).

I remember the Nun outfit!!! OMG...
Harliquinn

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu May 12, 2011 12:16 am

The powder blue one? For the Order of Sta. Francesca?
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Well, yeah... Wait, do you have more than one nun outfit?. Never mind, I do not want to hear that answer.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 12, 2011 12:53 pm

salamanca wrote:Well, yeah... Wait, do you have more than one nun outfit?. Never mind, I do not want to hear that answer.

IEEEEEEEE!!!!! I read that without any warning, WHY would you be so cruel?!?! WHY??? Quick, gotta get me some serious brain-bleach...

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu May 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Well, one has to wear something when nun outfit #1 gets washed, after all. Why not nun outfit #2!?
Sister Sonya

Next

Return to Welcome