Quick Desaix Questions

Introductions, Greetings, Salutations, and other Noob Questions.

Quick Desaix Questions

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:21 am

(apologies to those who've seen me spam this question over at Rev's AND the Alderac forums already...)

The R&C book was the 1st Secret Society book, so not everything was worked out probably...

That being said, Desaix doesn't give you free membership in the Swordsman Guild, does it? The later SG book mentions about how the Knights don't teach it to non-Knights, therefore it's considered unsanctioned. Therefore, if Desaix ISN'T sanctioned and doesn't grant free membership into the SG as well, do you get a free rank in one of your Swordsman knacks as a starting character?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Re: Quick Desaix Questions

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 am

Doesn't look like it to me LG*. If you take Desaix I guess it just sucks for you (though if you take Valroux you get a discount on Desaix, though I don't know if it works the other way around).

*interestingly, the Schools Handbook from Crystal Keep does give it the bonus pip. It seems to be just an add-on though since the only reference they list for the Desaix school is KRC p 66-67 (and there's no mention of it there).

Just for the record though, I would give it in a home game since that's how the balance has worked out for all the other schools that don't get automatic Swordsman's Guild membership.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:30 pm

Buggernuts! I'm hoping I can finangle my way into that extra pip...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 pm

From who, me? I'd just present your argument to your GM and go from there.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:00 pm

Not you, good sir, but rather the husband this time around.

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:22 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Not you, good sir, but rather the husband this time around.

Then obviously the solution is, "Well, Mark would let me do it..."

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:39 pm

Desaix by itself is weak and probably needs the pip. But if you also took valroux, you have point synergy in two school knacks which is advantage enough.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:17 pm

Don't have enough points to justify starting off with both schools (100HP campaign and there's gonna be social skills needed) and it wouldn't fit the character really anyway, but the "Mark would let me have that extra dot!" method DID work, I am happy to say. :twisted:

Lady Grace

Return to Welcome