Jay's Rogue Character - Jost Baumann

The repository for all things "Rogues of Canguine." Post your character, discuss their in-character adventures, speak with local Secret Societies (if you can find them).

Jay's Rogue Character - Jost Baumann

Postby vogelsong » Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:49 pm

Jost Baumann ~ Eisen Rilasciare Courier

Traits:
Brawn: 2
Finesse: 3
Wits: 3
Resolve: 3
Panache: 3

Languages:
Avalon (R/W)
Eisen (N/R/W)
Vendel (R/W)

Advantages:
Rilasciare Membership (The Couriers)
Animal Affinity
Linguist
Merchant’s Guild
Uppman’s Coat (Vest: Secret Pockets)

Virtue:
Righteous

Background
Predecessor: 2

Hopken:
Arc: 2
Reload: 3
Trick Shooting: 1
Exploit Weakness (Hopken): 0

Skills and Knacks
Crossbow
Attack (Crossbow): 3
Fletcher: 1

Knife
Attack (Knife): 3
Parry (Knife): 2

Athlete
Climbing: 1
Footwork: 3
Sprinting: 1
Throwing: 1

Doctor
Diagnosis: 1
First Aid: 1

Guide
Street Navigation: 1
Survival: 1
Trail Signs: 1

Merchant
Perfumer: 3

Rider
Ride (Horse): 2

Sailor
Balance: 1
Climbing: 1
Knotwork: 1
Rigging: 1

Servant
Etiquette: 2
Fashion: 1
Menial Tasks: 1
Unobtrusive: 2

Spy
Shadowing: 2
Stealth: 2

Equipment and Possessions
1 Vest (Uppmann’s Coat - Secret Pockets)
1 Poor Knife
1 Stiletto

Character Sheet built as follows:
(64 HP) Traits
All traits except Brawn to Rank 3

(15 HP) Advantages
Rilasciare Membership - 5, Animal Affinity - 2, Linguist - 2, Merchant Guild - 4, Uppmann’s Coat - 2

(-10 HP) Arcana
Righteous

(25 HP) Swordsman School
Hopken

(2 HP) Background
Predecessor - 2

(3 HP) Languages
Avalon (R/W) - 1, Eisen (R/W) - 1, Vendel (R/W) - 1

(16 HP) Skills only
Athlete - 0, Crossbow - 0, Knife - 2, Doctor - 2, Guide - 2, Merchant - 2, Rider - 2, Sailor - 2, Servant - 2, Spy - 2

(15 HP) Knacks only
Reload*2 - 2, Attack (Crossbow)*2 - 2, Attack (Knife)*2 - 2, Parry (Knife) - 1, Etiquette - 1, Footwork*2 - 2, Perfumer - 1, Ride (Horse) - 1, Unobtrusive - 1, Shadowing - 1, Stealth - 1

Total: 130
Attachments
Jost Baumann 01_Simple Character Sheet.pdf
(89.48 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Last edited by vogelsong on Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vogelsong

Re: Jay's Rogue Character - Jost Baumann

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:21 am

Only problem I saw, Jay, was with your knacks. Advanced Knacks (which all of your Swordschool Knacks are) cost 3hp per point so the actual cost would be 26hp. 3 for Arc to go from 2 to 3, then 6 each for Reload and Trick Shooting to go from 1 to 3. Then add the other 11 for all the rest of your Knacks.

OOP, found another problem. Languages. The way I do them (and have everyone else do them so it's all fair) is add in the Read/Write first and then apply the Linguist advantage. So before the discount, your costs would be 2 for Avalon (1 for the language and +1 for R/W), 1 for Eisen (0 for the language and +1 for R/W), and 2 for Vendel (1 for the language and +1 for R/W). Then the discount subtracts off any cost 2 or more, so Avalon and Vendel both go down by 1 (It doesn't affect Eisen since the minimum cost is 1), for a total of 3.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby vogelsong » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:56 pm

My apologies! I think I was mixed up a bit by Hopken's Apprentice ability for the Reload knack, and I somehow applied it to Arc and Trick Shooting as well. Is the Hopken ability to "purchase the Reload (Crossbow) Knack as if it were a Basic Knack" just for experience points, or does it apply to HP as well?
vogelsong

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:42 pm

vogelsong wrote:My apologies! I think I was mixed up a bit by Hopken's Apprentice ability for the Reload knack, and I somehow applied it to Arc and Trick Shooting as well. Is the Hopken ability to "purchase the Reload (Crossbow) Knack as if it were a Basic Knack" just for experience points, or does it apply to HP as well?

It definately applies to character generation. All knacks cost the same xp.
MacShidhe

Postby vogelsong » Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:20 pm

Ah, makes sense. If that is the case, then I think I just need to remove the extra points spent on Arc and Trick Shooting, and spend them elsewhere, such as paying 1 extra for the languages. Would the following changes work then?

(3 HP) Languages
Avalon (R/W) - 1, Eisen (R/W) - 1, Vendel (R/W) - 1

(15 HP) Knacks only
Reload*2 - 2, Attack (Crossbow)*2 - 2, Attack (Knife)*2 - 2, Parry (Knife) - 1, Etiquette - 1, Footwork*2 - 2, Perfumer - 1, Ride (Horse) - 1, Unobtrusive - 1, Shadowing - 1, Stealth - 1
vogelsong

Postby vogelsong » Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:30 pm

I've edited the original post with the adjustments above. I hope this is satisfactory, but if not please let me know what else I can fix.
vogelsong

Return to The "Rogues" of Canguine