Bought A Background at Character Creation? Act NOW!

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Bought A Background at Character Creation? Act NOW!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 am

Yup it's that time of year when we are at the low ebb of writing for HoA. So if you're a new player (or an old one who's yet to get your background story in to me), NOW is the time to act. Sit down this weekend and write it all up.

Doesn't have to be long, just a paragraph or two (and certainly no more than a page, I'm looking at you potential writers here), make sure to give me the names of individuals relevant to the background so I can twist them in evil ways :twisted:

Need help? Not really sure where you want to go with the background but have a rough idea? Well write what you've got and we can ask questions to get you started once more!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Bought A Background at Character Creation? Act NOW!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:12 am

Just wanted to bump this up a bit to remind the new folks that there's still time to get your background to me so I can have something ready for you when you get to the Personal Agendas!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:25 pm

With just under a month before GenCon 2015 thought I should give this a little bump for those new folks (or old timers, I'm not trying to exclude anyone) who has an idea for a background but hasn't written anything for me yet. Time is running out, but I can still have an adventure ready for you if you act quickly!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Every year I remind folks that if you have a background and wish to play it (at whichever con you attend) I need some time to write it and that means you have to get me your little blurb about it as soon as possible! And by coincidence, now is the perfect time! I have already written next year's adventures and am taking a break from writing the year after's so I am free to focus on your background! So what are you waiting for? Go! Write! Tell me about your Character!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:36 am

We've come around once again to that time of year where I remind folks, that NOW is the perfect time for you to write up that sweet background you've had your eye on. It gives us plenty of time to come up with delightfully evil ways to torture you!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 13, 2017 11:01 am

One month until origins, and if you want a background that I don't just make up on the spot (and trust me you don't want me to wing it) I need your Background blurbs ASAP!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Backgrounds