Background: Gregor Medev

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Background: Gregor Medev

Postby Steven desJardins » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Gregor was an Ussuran peasant, unremarkable except for his size and athletic ability. By the time he was sixteen, he was not only the champion wrestler of his own village, he could beat the champions of all the neighboring villages. He got in the habit of keeping order at the local drinking hall simply by picking up anyone who got rowdy and holding them immobile until they settled down.

So when the local boyar, Ilya Markov Okhotnik, condescended to make a rare visit, and pawed one of the serving girls, Gregor acted before he thought: and then, when he realized that laying hands on his lord could not end well, he panicked and gripped him even tighter.

There was a loud crack. The entire hall fell silent. Then some of Gregor's friends hurried him away, while others attended to the fallen lord. Gregor hid in the woods until he heard the news: the boyar was crippled and would never walk again.

There was nowhere in Ussura where he could be safe. Gregor fled his homeland, never to return. Eventually, he settled in Altamira, and almost forgot about the past mischance that sent him into exile. But Okhotnik has not forgotten, and has spent years trying to trace Gregor. Recently his inquiries have borne fruit: riverboat traders brought word of a performing wrestler in Altamira, and further inquiries positively identified Gregor. Okhotnik is determined that Gregor suffer for his crime: first by crippling him, and only then dragging him back to Ussura to face harsh justice.

Background: Nemesis 1
Steven desJardins

Re: Background: Gregor Medev

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Looks good so far! Only change I'd make (and this goes for everyone) is, just tell me Gregor's side of the story, there's no way for him (and by extension you) to know what Ilya's plans are. Now you can add in information that shows why Gregor believes this is his plan, but remember I am under no obligation to have it be the actual truth (I've had good feedback from players that making your background go in a way different than what you expect is the way to go for this).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Background: Gregor Medev

Postby Steven desJardins » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:09 am

You can certainly change any of the details about what Okhotnik knows or plans: I've basically set it up so Gregor thinks he's safe from retribution and has no idea Okhotnik has even been looking for him, so whatever happens next will take him completely by surprise.
Steven desJardins

Return to Backgrounds