Don Lorenzo Francisco Rodriguez de Arciniegro

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Don Lorenzo Francisco Rodriguez de Arciniegro

Postby Don Lorenzo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:28 pm

(Apologies if this double-posts, I lost the first one)

Don Lorenzo spent his childhood with his mother's family in the Rodriguez lands, prior to being forced out by the Montaigne. His childhood imagination was captured by the tales of wandering swordsmen and heroic swashbucklers, and he often neglected courtly pursuits in favor of more time spent perfecting his swordplay, much to his father's dismay.As a young man, he stayed behind as the others fled into hiding, launching his personal guerrilla war against the invading forces. Given his fascination with folk heroes, it wasn't hard for Los Vagos to capture both his mind and his heart, and he soon began working for them as an agent. Relying on his father's family for financial support, he devoted his time and energy to opposing the Montaigne almost exclusively. In time, he pledged what was left of his family assets to Los Vagos and joined the outer ranks of El Corazon.

This continued in as routine a fashion as a guerrilla war can, until his family's informants got wind of a Montaigne plot to assassinate Maria-Soledad. Hot on the trail of the assassin, Lorenzo made his way to Altamira in haste, and for the first time donned the mask to intervene when the assassin attacked. While the assassin could have probably overpowered either of them alone, the appearance of El Vago was not an eventuality he had planned for, and he made good his escape. Now Lorenzo has an assassin to track down in the streets of Altamira, though neither man knows the identity of the other (El Vago - 1).

In the wake of the assassination, Lorenzo saw - really saw - Maria-Soledad for the first time. As so often happens in the stories, her beauty struck him and nearly paralyzed him, to the point that he nearly forgot himself beneath the mask - the fact that she has so often worn the mask as well an irony of which he is unaware. He has now set his eyes on adventure in Altamira, vowing that by his prowess with sword and his own personal brand of flair, he will win her notice and woo her heart (Romance - 1).
Don Lorenzo

Re: Don Lorenzo Francisco Rodriguez de Arciniegro

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:43 am

Couple of questions/comments. You wrote "joined the outer ranks of El Corazon" did you mean that you'd joined Los Vagos at the "El Corazon" level (7HP) or that you'd become Affiliated (5HP) which could give you Maria-Soledad as your El Corazon contact.

Second, not that I have a problem with the Montaigne trying to kill Maria-Soledad in Altamira (or anywhere else for that matter), I just wanted to point out that she's from Aldana (which means her home is San Cristobal/Vatacine City not Altamira) so will probably not be staying there (though if that's your background, she will certainly be spending more time there than usual).

Or is it that the assassin is IN Altamira (waiting for her arrival) and you are trying to track him down. Wait scratch that, the assassination attempt already happened. So go back to my initial comment about her whereabouts.

Last comment, two backgrounds is 8 adventures and we are just about done with Year 5. That means every PA from now on focused on these backgrounds and you'll need to fit in an extra convention somewhere along the line to get it all done. That also means no earned backgrounds. This is, of course, fine by me, I just want you to know.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Don Lorenzo » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:47 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Couple of questions/comments. You wrote "joined the outer ranks of El Corazon" did you mean that you'd joined Los Vagos at the "El Corazon" level (7HP) or that you'd become Affiliated (5HP) which could give you Maria-Soledad as your El Corazon contact.

The 7 point version was my plan. I'm all in!

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Second, not that I have a problem with the Montaigne trying to kill Maria-Soledad in Altamira (or anywhere else for that matter), I just wanted to point out that she's from Aldana (which means her home is San Cristobal/Vatacine City not Altamira) so will probably not be staying there (though if that's your background, she will certainly be spending more time there than usual).

I'm also down for traveling, or anything else. Don Lorenzo is styled as a "wandering swordsman" archetype anyways. It was mostly a decent way to get the character TO Altamira - whatever happens after that, happens. I imagine the attempt was made in Altamira because it's considerably more cosmopolitan than San Cristobal, so easier for the Montaigne to blend in. I would assume that he is going to lay in wait and try to get another crack, but if the trail runs all across creation, so will I :)

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Last comment, two backgrounds is 8 adventures and we are just about done with Year 5. That means every PA from now on focused on these backgrounds and you'll need to fit in an extra convention somewhere along the line to get it all done. That also means no earned backgrounds. This is, of course, fine by me, I just want you to know.

Sure thing, that's why I kept the points low, and honestly I think they're more cool story hooks than an opportunity to snag points - if you wanted to weave them together into one set (or one and a half or whatever) I'm down for that too even if it means I'm not getting my investment back in points. Or maybe one doesn't get quite wrapped up before the world ends. It's all gravy to me any which way but loose.
Don Lorenzo

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am

Sounds good then. I'll get to writing.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Backgrounds