Backgrounds - Kitanya Dubrovna

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Backgrounds - Kitanya Dubrovna

Postby joecrak » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Hunted [3] Background: Kitanya Dubrovna’s family was not one of wealth, so when they sought to send their youngest daughter to the Ballet Academy, they needed a financial backer for this schooling. Even in her youth her beauty was known throughout their home town, and to their good fortune, Piotr Moldova, a wealthy nobleman in search for a future bride for his own Son, Mikhail. Keeping this arrangement from their daughter, they ushered her off to the Academy, where she worked painstakingly to impress her instructors, and fellow students. She made some rivals, and scant few friends in her time at the Academy, and it was not until Tatyana Alisoff, brought up the arranged marriage, in an effort to humble her school rival, that Kitanya found out about her ‘romantic’ future.

At the moment, she had thought little of this arranged marriage, this was to be her duty to her family for what was afforded her, her chance to study her dream, to hone her talent. Then she met Mikhail, when he took it upon himself to visit her at the Academy. He put on a pleasant face before, her, but she had seen his cruelty towards the servants, towards other dancers, and to her best friend Sasha Maltsev.

She knew that she could not stand marry this cruel imitation of a man, so she conspired with Sasha to flee the Academy, and the reach of the Moldova’s. Stealing herself away in the night from the Academy, she made her way to the river, and stowed away upon one of the ships heading towards the sea.
Regardless of her current situation, she often gets nervous around others from Ussura, fearing they might be an Agent of the Moldova’s, to drag her back to fulfill her duty, and to punish her for fleeing.

Romance [1] Background: In her effort to flee her past, Kitanya offered her services upon the first ship leaving Ussura that she found, The Catspaw, Captained by an Avalon woman, Jessica 'Jez' Rowlands. Over the span of time togetehr on the ship, a bond formed between the captain, and the young recruit. Jez took it upon herself to train young Kitanya in the way of the seas, and that of a 'Pyrate'. It was exciting, alluring, and freeing all at once. Sadly, that time had to come to an end. While in port at Altamira, Kitanya returned to the dock to find the ship gone, and the young Ussuran left behind. Were it not for her studies under Jez, she'd be helpless in this city.

(anything needed/clarified?)
joecrak

Re: Backgrounds - Kitanya Dubrovna

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:58 pm

I think I have it all, but let me make some notes and see if I got anything wrong.

1) Piotr Moldova - Rich nobleman who paid Kitanya's Ballet tuition in exchange for her parent's agreement to marry her to Piotr's son Mikhael.

2) Mikhael Moldova - Arrogant and cruel and completely unsuitable as husband material. Unknown how he feels about being left at the alter.

3) Tatyana Alisoff - Rival at the academy who blurted out the news of Kitanya's betrothal. Unknown how she found out.

4) Sasha Maltsev - best friend at the Ballet academy (Since it's unclear, I am of the belief that Sasha is male for purposes of my note taking)

5) Jessica 'Jez' Rowland - captain of the Catspaw and romantic interest for Kitanya.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Oh forgot my question. Not to put too fine a point on it, but how far progressed had the romance gone? In other words does Kitanya know that Jez is interested? or is that still unclear?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby joecrak » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:06 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I think I have it all, but let me make some notes and see if I got anything wrong.

1) Piotr Moldova - Rich nobleman who paid Kitanya's Ballet tuition in exchange for her parent's agreement to marry her to Piotr's son Mikhael.

1) Correctamundo

Black Jack Rackham wrote:2) Mikhael Moldova - Arrogant and cruel and completely unsuitable as husband material. Unknown how he feels about being left at the alter.

1) Yup, though Kitayna believes, that based on how cruel he was to others, that he will likely be furious about such a slight.

Black Jack Rackham wrote:3) Tatyana Alisoff - Rival at the academy who blurted out the news of Kitanya's betrothal. Unknown how she found out.

3)Si. Tatyana comes from a wealthier family, so Kitayna is under the belief that her rival found out through the high society circles, possibly from the Moldova family themselves.

Black Jack Rackham wrote:4) Sasha Maltsev - best friend at the Ballet academy (Since it's unclear, I am of the belief that Sasha is male for purposes of my note taking)

4) Da. Sasha is/was my best friend and dance partner. Kitayna hopes that no one found out that Sasha helped her flee, because of any repercussions he might face.

Black Jack Rackham wrote:5) Jessica 'Jez' Rowland - captain of the Catspaw and romantic interest for Kitanya.

5) Aye Aye. Though Kitayna is under the impression that Jez just up and left her behind, but I will be delighted to see whatever gets thrown at me.
joecrak

Return to Backgrounds