Background - Romeo

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Background - Romeo

Postby salamanca » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Because I promised to post them, I'm tossing up stats for Romeo. (along with a short backstory) Lo and behold, it turned out I had an extra two points to spend that just did not seem to otherwise fit where I wanted to be. Hence, I will be taking a pair of 1 point backgrounds as well. ( a very much first for sal who normally skips easy xp awards) The stats are not yet carved in stone and may get an adjustment later on. I'm mostly tossing them up to give you an idea of what range you all could end up starting out at. (and yes, I am aware of the gaping holes in his abilities jsut as I am aware of his excessive talent in his focused knacks)

Castillian lad named Romeo

Traits 56 points
Brawn ●●○○○ Finesse ●●●○○ Wits ●●●○○ Resolve ●●○○○ Panache ●●●○○ Reputation: 0

Advantages: 20 points
Home Neighborhood(2), Area Knowledge(3), University(2), Castillian Education (10), Los Vagos (unaffiliated) (3), Soldano Accent (0)

Arcana: Overconfident -10 points

Languages: 0 points
Castille, Vodacce, Thean (R/W)

Skills and Knacks 15 points + 47 points
Acrobat: 1+12
Balance ●●●○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Breakfall ●●●○○ Leaping ●●●○○ Rolling ●●○○○ Swinging ●●●○○
Athlete:2+5
Climbing ●●●○○ Footwork ●●●○○ Sprinting ●●●○○ Throw ●●○○○
Dirty Fighting:2+5
Attack (Dirty Fighting) ●●●○○ Attack (Improvised) ●○○○○
Fencing:2+
Attack (Fencing) ●○○○○ Parry (Fencing) ●○○○○
Firearms:2+1
Attack (Firearms) ●●○○○
Guide:1+9
Ride ●●○○○ Stealth ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Ambush ●●●○○ Direction Sense ●●○○○
Swimming ●●●○○
Spy:1+3
Shadowing ●●○○○ Stealth ●●●○○ Conceal ●○○○○ Sincerity ●●○○○
Streetwise:1+5
Socializing ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Shopping ●○○○○ Underworld Lore ●●○○○
Urchin:1+1
Stealth ●●●○○ Street Navigation ●●●○○ Survival ●○○○○ Conceal ●○○○○ Scrounging ●○○○○
Sincerity ●●○○○
Waylay: 2+6
Lie in Wait ●○○○○ Set Traps ●○○○○ Shadowing ●●○○○ Land on Target ●●○○○

Backgrounds: 2 pts.
Betrothed: To a young girl of the de Silva family. It’s an arranged marriage, they have never met.
(1 pt.)

Mask of El Vago: Romeo wore the mask of El Vago on a rooftop exactly once. He is convinced this
means he is next in line to be El Vago. (1pt.)

Romeo is the child of a struggling shopkeeper far too busy earning a living to raise a boy. As such, Romeo has spent his entire life wandering the streets of Altamira's business districts and living a life of boyish adventures. He spent much of this time in the company of other semi-dispossesed boys building tree forts and playing at hero on the east end of town. The lads have picked up a colorful vocabulary on the docks of the city and a reputation for being the fastest message runners as they leap across the rooftops of their homes (something their mothers would kill them for if they were aware of it). His parents still drag him to mass on the holy days and send him to school (which he occasionally actually ends up at) but mostly he wanders the city endearing himself to the local shopkeepers and leading his boys on grand adventures. Last month all of this changed for Romeo... he turned 10. Life as he knew it was over. From here on he would always count is age in double digits. Romeo was no longer a child, he was a man. The boys cast him out for being too big to play with, his father pushed him to start an apprenticeship, his mother started arranging for him to take a bride when he was old enough to marry. Romeo has spent the last month coming to accept his father's decision in theory but not in the way his father wished. Romeo has decided to apprentice himself into becoming the one thing he truly knows he can do for a career. Romeo has decided he is going to be a member of the most important profession in Castille, he will become a Hero.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Backgrounds