Background - Riley O'Lochlainn

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Background - Riley O'Lochlainn

Postby DiscoKittie » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Riley O'Lochlainn

Alright! The Short Short Version!

Riley was born in Inismore; last of four children, the only female. Her father was a Village-Renowned Pugilist, but far from being any kind of Champion of the Isle. Her mother died when she was just old enough to walk, so there wasn't much of a "woman's touch" in the house. Only what came from aunts and grandmothers. Which would have been significant, but not enough. Combine that with three older, rougher, brothers, And you get one rough and tumble little girl who likes to hit things. "Lady-like" will never be a term ascribed to her. ;)

Two years ago, give or take, she left home for. . . Personal reasons. She travelled for nearly a year across the islands of Avalon, trying to stay away from people as much as possible. She spent a lot of her time in abandoned huts and sleeping in old barns. After her year of travel she headed off to a coast, not hard, and signed on with her first ship. She was a little out of shape at first, but she took to it quite well. She had fun playing as a Sailor. Did all the things that sailors do, even those not-quite-above-board-shenanigans that tend to get people into trouble at ports. She's had quite the. . . Experiences. Her background in Pugilism made her a hard target for those who would feel that a woman's place is Barefoot and Pregnant at the Hearth. She's been in a few scrapes; some won, a lot lost, most fun (for her, even with a broken nose) in the end.

Now she has travelled to Altamira to make friends and enemies, and generally be a nuisance.

end of line
DiscoKittie

Re: Background - Riley O'Lochlainn

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 am

Just a note to say I moved this to the Background section IN CASE you decided to add more unfinished business for me to mess with :twisted:
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DiscoKittie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 am

You want more Unfinished Business from me?? :)

We'll work on it! ;)
end of line
DiscoKittie

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:04 pm

You know DK (short for DiscoKittie, but how very interesting that should be your initials...) I've been looking at that pic for some time, and I kept thinking, there was something off. It just occurred to me, Carlos is Large, so unless that's forced perspective, he should be taller than you...

EDIT: Though I'm betting you did it that way cause he hunches (henches) a lot...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DiscoKittie » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:59 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:You know DK (short for DiscoKittie, but how very interesting that should be your initials...) I've been looking at that pic for some time, and I kept thinking, there was something off. It just occurred to me, Carlos is Large, so unless that's forced perspective, he should be taller than you...

EDIT: Though I'm betting you did it that way cause he hunches (henches) a lot...

He is hunched, and he is behind me. I didn't think about how the perspective would make him look so much shorter than me... ;) she is tall, but not *that* tall!

and yeah, I've had people comment on the DK thing before! I hadn't thought about it until I saw the initials for the first time in someone else's post over on the Gaia forums...
end of line
DiscoKittie

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Gaia forums? I think we're speaking cross purposes. I was referring to one of 7th Sea's (and my favorite) Secret Society, Die Kreuzritter

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DiscoKittie » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:52 pm

*points to self* Video game geek! I was thinking Donky Kong. He's been know as just DK for some years! :lol: :lol: :lol:
end of line
DiscoKittie

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I am pretty sure DK stands for Doctor Kwang.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

salamanca wrote:I am pretty sure DK stands for Doctor Kwang.

OF COURSE! He's the DK plant. It's so OBVIOUS now!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Backgrounds