"Lady" Bravada

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

"Lady" Bravada

Postby Bravada » Thu May 02, 2013 8:06 pm

Bravada is a Montaigne swordswoman born in the Archipelago to Montaigne parents (who chose a life of plunder and ale over their mundane life on the mainland). Raised by her pirate parents in and around The Straits of Blood, Bravada eventually decides it isn't quite the life for her and chooses to depart on her own in an attempt to live inside the law. After traveling from the Archipelago to the mainland she is quickly mistaken as "Lady" Bravada, and takes full advantage of her new found title and the courtesies it provides. The transistion from being just a swordswoman to "Lady" Bravada (who is oddly enough quite established with the many uses of a sword) has been fairly seamless. She has taken full advantage of her new found title to provide her with extravagance befitting a "Lady" such as herself. Bravada has a bone to pick with those who believe true ladies shouldn't get their dresses dirty (including those ladies themselves). Her arrogance and disdain towards the dainty women that so often play the damsels in distress is plain to anyone; after all, true Ladies should be able to take care of themselves and not rely on big burly men to come save them every 20 minutes. "Lady" Bravada's etiquette is only questioned when she sometimes can't hold her tongue any longer and in the presence of the awful Noblewomen's fad of carrying around small purse dogs (yip dogs).

"These tiny yip-yip dogs are as helpless as their owners, too much fluff and not enough sovereignty." - "Lady" Bravada

Animal Animosity 1 (purse dogs)
Mistaken Identity 2 (Challenging nobility while being mistaken for one)

Thanks! :)
Bravada

Re: "Lady" Bravada

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Welcome Bravada! Just a couple of questions to help me bury you a bit deeper...er, help me write your adventures.

Can you give me an instance of some times where you lost your cool over a purse dog? (aside from your excellently snarky comment about those worthless ankle-biters)

What brings you to travel to Altamira?

Thanks
Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Bravada » Thu May 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Altamira is supposedly "The Most Peaceful Place in Castille" and last time I heard a line like that my parents had just finished "selling" 10 casks of rum to a sober house. Someone needs to help inspire the noblewomen of this town to learn to wield a sword, and who better but a Lady such as themselves? As such, I'm on my way!

At one point in my travels I aspired to be as polite as possible to those noblewomen to look down upon commoners in an attempt to 'do unto others as you would have others do unto you'. I saw one such Lady whose servant had abandoned her in the street whilst getting into a carriage. She was about to become a weeping mess when I came up and asked if I could assist her in some way. She shoved a small dog into my arms and told me I had best treat 'Fluffykins' kindly while she found some oaf to help lift her shopping triumphs into the carriage.

Fluffykins was not a nice dog.

It started with the yipping. Incessant, non-stop, seemingly indefinite duration YIPPING.

YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP!

I attempted to put my hand over Fluffykins muzzle in an attempt to stop the demon dog from continuing it's tirade, but this only resulted in my finger getting bit. The noblewoman began screeching that only a fool would let Fluffykins make such a spectacle of himself in public, so I did the only thing I could think to do without actually (directly) hurting the demon dog. As soon as the noblewoman had turned her back to me I grabbed a local tradesman by the arm, opened his burlap sack of goods, and dropped Fluffykins in. With my most winning grin and a wink I shooed him off, turned my back, and left town. Never again would I let some crazy noblewoman or anyone else push one of those loud, annoying, pitiful-excuse-for-a-canine, abominations on me. Oh no, that ship has sailed.
Bravada

Postby Lady Grace » Thu May 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Muffin has new chew toys! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Thu May 02, 2013 10:40 pm

Now I gotta dig out the "fluffy, destroyer of worlds" pic that was on the net a few years ago. Fluffykins might be able to take muffin, I think I need to make sure both never end up in the same room.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Fri May 03, 2013 9:48 am

I duuno, man...Muffin has taken out Cthulhu.

(We brought him to a game of Chaotic Neutral, where everyone plays a character of a different role-playing system. Muffin was the companion of a friend of ours who was playing a Montaigne hedonist-porte mage-priest. Long story short, the finale was Cthulhu attacking Hogwarts...)
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby kenderleech » Fri May 03, 2013 3:40 pm

And remember, when the puppy jumps for you, you catch with your hands, not with a bleeding screaming gap between them.
kenderleech

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:34 pm

YIP!

Lady Grace

Return to Backgrounds