Background - Dona Elvira Acedo de Orozco de Castillo

The place to ask questions about taking a Background, discuss Backgrounds, and post your Background, etc.

Background - Dona Elvira Acedo de Orozco de Castillo

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Copying this over to the Backgrounds section for my ease.

Klcp wrote:Being the youngest of her siblings (and an unmarried daughter at that), there wasn't much left for young Elvira in the way of inheritance.  Especially since she and her father roughly disagreed over a potential suitor.

"Gaspar is a fine-looking young man from a well-respected family.  Not to mention, you know how much he still adores you,"  her father would say to her.

"That may be true, but he's a fool and a liar."

The young woman firmly believed that, once given, your word should never be broken...no matter the consequences.  It was a thing of honor that the rest of the family did not seem to rely so heavily on as Elvira.  Too many people whom she respected and admired did not hold to the promises which they gave when she was a child.  The first:  "I'll always be there to take care of you.  You have my word."

After she had gotten sick, Elvira's mother said those words to her every night before she went to bed.  They were not true, however.  She was only six years old when her most respected idol passed.

As for the liar:  while they were younger, Gaspar had promised her that as soon as they finished their schooling at the university, he would marry her.  He promised that she was, and always would be, his only love.

That was only two weeks before a close friend of hers broke the news.  Gaspar had recited those very same words to another girl by the name of Vana.

Vana was a nice girl, and Elvira had nothing against her.  After all, how could the poor girl have known that her new lover had made the same promise to another girl already.

Gaspar, on the other hand, was as rotten inside as a Vodacce Courtesan as far as Elvira was concerned, and he could go spout his empty vows in someone else's face.  Unfortunately, the fool wised up just enough to recognize his mistake and vowed that he would never rest until he had his true love as his wife.  Too bad Elvira wanted nothing to do with the wretch.

So, because of the disagreement with her father, and in an attempt to get as far away from Gaspar as possible, Elvira decided to become a Knight and joined the secret society of the Rose and Cross.

It took some work to be noticed, but eventually, she received a letter from a Knight by the name of Ximen asking her to join the society.

Eighteen months later he became her domine. Ximen was a good teacher.  He taught her everything he knew:  from the effective use of words, to the effective use of a blade.

Finally, after three humbling years of servitude and training, Dona Elvira Acedo de Orozco took her vows once again and became a Wandering Knight.

In her mind, this was perfect:  she was now a part of a society where "a man is only as good as his word".  After all, what could be nobler than being a Knight?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Background - Dona Elvira Acedo de Orozco de Castillo

Postby Klcp » Tue May 17, 2011 10:01 pm

Yeah, I wasn't sure which one I was supposed to post that in... :oops:
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:15 am

Forgot to add that these are the Backgrounds
Hunted 2, Code of Honor 2
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:14 am

Whoot! Whoot!

..... -shrug-
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Return to Backgrounds