Countdown to Origins 2021 (MAYBE)

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2021 (MAYBE)

Postby salamanca » Fri May 07, 2021 10:21 am

Thanks Charlie, now I can smell the walkway to tue Drury.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Ok, so youngest is now just about 4 weeks away from being fully inoculated. He was the reason for my holdout, so barring the usual barrage of unforeseen circumstances, I will be able to make it. My plan (such as it is) is to bring all the adventures and IF AND ONLY IF WE CAN ALL SCHEDULE TIMES! run playtests for all our remaining adventures (or at least as many as we can get through).

Other than that, no games unless Ken is planning something.

Oh and as a bonus, my oldest, David, has the time free and has been chomping at the bit to come to one of the big cons, so he (most likely) will also be coming...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Thu May 27, 2021 8:37 pm

Are you going to talk Megan into attending???
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 28, 2021 3:44 pm

cpugs wrote:Are you going to talk Megan into attending???

She doesn't have the money saved up to go this year. But promises to go to GenCon next year (or maybe Origins, but she can only do one).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:16 am

So called Hyatt this morning, no rooms available in September, only Oct 1,2, and 3. Booked the Sonesta (former Crowne Plaza) across the street from Tuesday through Sunday. Looks like I am going!!!
cpugs

Postby cpugs » Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:11 pm

However, I have booked the Hyatt for the Origins dates for next year (2022) and used points for the stay!!!
cpugs

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Am I reading the website correctly - you have to buy an individual badge for each day? I did not see a listing for an entire event badge.
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:01 pm

I saw what you did Deb. But given what I know about Origins, the chance they stopped doing it is far less than the chance they flat out forgot to add it in. So I'm betting it's just a mistake. (fingers crossed)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:04 am

Now that I've given it more thought, it may be intentional. If they need to control the number of people in attendance each day, it is much more difficult to manage if they are offering both daily and full convention badges. Just a bummer to manage from the attendee perspective....
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:02 pm

That makes a lot of sense.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:18 pm

I am so sorry. Forgot to post this earlier. So Ken, Alexandra, and Sam are planning to run some games for us this year. So here is the schedule. Peruse at your leisure (or your own risk, whichever).

Thurs (30th)
12-4 Flashback (two tables, Ken and Alexandra running)

Friday (1st)
9-1 Flashback (two tables, Ken and Alexandra running)
2-6 Ep. 17 - One More Favor (one table, Ken running), Flashback (one table, Sam running)

Saturday (2nd)
9-1 Ep. 18 - Finessing the Queen (one table, Ken running)

Sunday (3rd)
10-2 DOMINGO GIGANTE! (two tables (at least), Ken and Sam running)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Events