Con on the Cob 2014

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Con on the Cob 2014

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:56 pm

A partial listing of events is up on the website.

http://cononthecob.com/
Sister Sonya

Re: Con on the Cob 2014

Postby salamanca » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:13 pm

ok, events are submitted pending approval.

Saturday, October 18th.

12:00 noon,I will run PLAYER'S CHOICE of events. for those of you that may be missing something or the newer folks that have not played more than a couple sessions, this is a great chance to fill in the gaps. (I would call it Sabado Gigante but that's a TV show on univision)

7:00 pm, I will be running Episode 8 because a couple locals still need it. (protip: that means episode 8 will not be getting run at noon)

And unrelated to 7th Sea, I have submitted to run a session of MegaParanoia friday night at 10:00 pm.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:18 pm

Do you know if the events have filled up? I'm considering bringing a couple friends up from Columbus to play.
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:21 pm

For you, I shall find room, don't worry about that. (and your crew as well.). But enlist and sign up for spots if they are available. odds are the noon session will be episode 2,3,4 or 6 (but player consensus will decide for certain) and the 7 pm is definitely episode 8.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Wow CotC is just over a week away! One of these years I will make an effort to get out there. One of these years...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Bleh, my friend and Alexandra both had to work Saturday so it doesn't look like I'm going to make it after all. :(
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:14 pm

You could just bring yourself. Or maybe a couple mortal enemies that game. But if you don't get there, I understand and will miss you.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Today I opened a fortune cookie that read "you have a flair for adding a fanciful dimension to any story". I'm just gonna take that as a good omen. Tomorrow, I need to open the store, wait for the lackey (who is coming earlier than asked because HE would want more time at a con were the roles reversed) and I am off to the Cob. I am most excited about the players choice because I have no idea which session I am running so that adds more challenge. See some of you soon, reports to the rest later.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:41 pm

Well I already know Sam is looking for company to join him on the drive up to the Con on Saturday to "play some 7th Sea!"
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 pm

Got the first report back from Con on the Cob. Laura Brenner sent me a text saying her niece had a blast and wants to come to Origins for a day next year!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:44 am

7th sea went just...well, let's not say fine, let's call it interesting in fun ways. On a side note, the cob weirdness was at it's traditional levels. With Santa as a "special guest" it makes for interesting combos. Personally, I want to get Santa into a game of Cards Against Humanity. But Thanks to Sam, Steph, Jeremy, Nikki, and Laura for returning to play more and bringing Friends. BIGGER THANKS to Ali, Angela, Anne, Morgan and Beckett for joining us for the first time.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:50 am

salamanca wrote: On a side note, the cob weirdness was at it's traditional levels. With Santa as a "special guest" it makes for interesting combos.

Got a chance to speak with Dave, was intending to sit in late on one of the 7th Sea events and listen in, but never got the chance.

At least 25 young kids came by trick-or-treating in the small Twinsburg Room, to which we had been banned by the "Witches Ball" committee. The ball seemed to be a LARP/dance, but I was too tired to investigate. Even seven hours in car has always been tough on my leg nerves/circulation, and I voluntarily drive for even four hours only about once a year.

Discovered that the kick-a** sweet rolls, out of a time warp, seemed to come from a local bakery called Giorgio's. The old-style raised doughnuts, heavy with lard, were as good as I remember from out of fifty years ago. Good thing I don't live nearby!

Ate a great lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Had a great time!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:06 pm

The witches ball is an outright party. No larp involved. Dress up, drink and dance if you want to. Hosted by Paul Burdick/Michael Mirth a well regarded friend (and participant) to my original Larps.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Official comments:. --The players found a resolution for episode 8 that has never been done before. We picked up some awesome new folks I hope to see more of in the future. -- I doubt HOA will be on the schedule next year as I am thinking of doing some other games but that can change pending demand. -- Do not book a room until much closer to next year if you are coming, odds are good they are moving sites for space(still in cleveland area, still very freeway accesible). -- no matter how good an idea it seems, never try and run a LARP inside a standard hotel room (yes, they booked megaparanoia into a hotel room). -- the 9th doctor has decorated his pick-up truck to look like a tardis. --are you a werewolf still stands as the late night game of choice here...not sure why.
salamanca

Return to Events