Countdown to Origins 2015

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2015

Postby salamanca » Fri May 29, 2015 9:04 pm

I am less than worried about a barcode. I know people.

It's also sitting iny inbox but I may still make them handle it the hard way because analog registration still rules.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 30, 2015 4:12 pm

FOUR MORE DAYS

Oh and Dave mentioned something about forecast for Columbus? I got an email from the Crowne Plaza and it had the forecast linked in. HERE it is. TL/DR version? Partly clear to sunny chance of Thunderstorm on Sat., Temps in the mid-upper 80's
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 pm

I am now officially on VACATION!!!!
2 weeks off of work, one for Origins, and one for moving. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 31, 2015 8:54 pm

THREE MORE DAYS!!!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:24 am

Just watched the news this morning 70s-80s all week long with change for partial showers thurs-sat.
smafdi

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:25 am

This is a gentle reminder to NOT YELL RIGHT IN MY EARS, fellow players. And please wash. And please brush teeth. Otherwise, I get shanky... :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby cpugs » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:45 pm

Mark and Laura, the safest of drives. I am jealous of the burger you will be having around noon tomorrow. If you are still up, I should hit the big bar on 2 around 10:30 to 11:00. Dave, see you when you arrive. Everyone the safest of travels coming to Columbus. I can't wait......
cpugs

Postby kenderleech » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:51 pm

One more day of work, then my drs appt. I should be getting into columbus around 1pm wednesday. See everyone then.
kenderleech

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:57 pm

We have arrived in Columbus, and hope that everyone else arrives safely!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Woo, Day 0 and I've already had 3 players! Kenny, Matthew and Jason (I hurt myself laughing).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Just arrived at he big bar on 2!!!!!!!!
cpugs

Postby kenderleech » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:49 pm

Made it thru work, no one quit, no one got fired. Im officially on vacation, and my boss has to cover anyone who walks out till monday. Drs appt at 8am, then on the road by 9. columbus by noon, drop the car at firestone to get fixed preemtively, and then walk to the con. See you all at 1.
kenderleech

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:01 pm

We are leaving NOW!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:03 am

Last night I ran the best game of my entire life. It may very well have been the best session this campaign will experience and I can't say why without ruining episode 9. Sorry the rest of you missed it. I will try to match it in the future but it had as much to do with player reactions and investment in the story as what I did.

Thank you Alexandra, Shane, Bruce, Tim, Sam and Ken. Best game in 36 years as a GM.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Thank you Dave for setting it up to happen.
kenderleech

Postby cpugs » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:07 pm

As usual a wonderful time. Thanks to Mark, Laura, Dave, and Ken for a wonderful time. I had a great time playing, breaking bread, a relaxing with some of the best people on the planet. Can't wait for next year, 53 weeks and counting.....
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:15 pm

Just got home. Very excellent year. Feeling some inspiration and may need to dust off some old rulebooks.

I hope to see you all sooner than later.

Thank you to all the players for entertaining me these last 5 days.
salamanca

Postby crimsonjoe » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:53 pm

Had a fantastic time. Thanks to Mark and Dave for running the games and all of the people from the Guild. Episodes 9 and 10 were both great in vastly different ways, and I enjoyed playing in both adventures.

Already looking forward to next year.
crimsonjoe

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:48 am

WE(EEEEEEEEE!) made it home about 3:30 am last night, safe and sound. Finally up and about, and Mark found the bottle of orange drink in his bag of new board games that I put there. :twisted: Had a great time; miss you all already.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:50 pm

you are all very welcome for the entertainment.

None of these adventures work without the lot of you there to play them.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:53 pm

I think the knots are finally working their way out of my back...

Lady Grace

Postby daundelyon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:25 pm

Going back to work this morning was stupidly difficult. Thank you for an awesome Origins.
:)
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:34 am

Alright, I've had 24 hours to sleep now, (so I'm kind of back on a schedule) and at least semi-raring to go. This was a TERRIFIC Origins. Despite the Musical Chairs of rooms, we only had one event not go off (and we already kind of knew that was going to happen as no tickets were sold), the No Events on Thur seemed to have no effect whatsoever, and DOMINGO GIGANTE! not only had 2 tables worth of players BUT we also got 4 new folks to boot!

As usual, the roleplaying was SUPERB! So much so in fact, that if I was going to complain about anyone's lack of energy, it'd have to be me (apparently throwing up Wed night took more out of me than I thought). But I think it was more than made up for by all of you.

Team Heretic? What can I say, I am so jealous I wasn't running it. After hearing all of your stories, all I can say is, that's the reason we run these games. In the future, I'm going to have to step up my game and write even better adventures.

Thanks to all of you, the old guard who've been there forever and who's roleplaying sets the bar for those who come after, and the new folks who join in with the kind of wide-eyed enthusiasm that's like crack to me. (Dave, Laura, Ken, Sam, Charlie, Connie, Roger, Alexandria (and the rest of team heretic), Jeremy, Steph, Casey (and her son), Tomas, DON GALLO! and everyone else my bleary brain cannot remember the name of at just this moment).

As Dave said earlier, none of this would be possible without you. I'd just be some freak in the corner of the C-Hall bathroom stark naked, slathered in 30-weight motor oil babbling to himself, and crying occasionally (or was that a dream I just had...)

EDIT: Stuff to remember for next year...

1. Mercedes shall be mine, no matter how awkwardly (and inappropriately) I woo her.
2. Along with that, Dream Weaver will be playing from now on.
3. Don't eat halapenos and bananas foster milkshakes. BAD COMBINATION.
4. FIND OUT ABOUT THE DAMN ORANGE FLUID IN THE BOTTLES (note: we saw only one on the way home)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:43 am

I'd just be some freak in the corner of the C-Hall bathroom stark naked, slathered in 30-weight motor oil babbling to himself, and crying occasionally (or was that a dream I just had...)

Mark- TMI! I think you might have gotten in too some of that damn orange fluid.

4. FIND OUT ABOUT THE DAMN ORANGE FLUID IN THE BOTTLES (note: we saw only one on the way home)

Yeah, he saw it and started blithering like an idiot and pointing again, which was the only way I knew he had seen one. :P
At least it was on his side of the road, so I didn't end up with a hand in my face again, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Thank you for more spectacular games!

Notes
- The Bishop may have escaped this time but next time Bogdan's friends may not hold him back. :twisted:
- I may have too many characters. :oops:
- Go Team Team Heretic! 8-)
- You know things have just gone weird when a Castillian Recruiting Sergeant tries to recruit a Montaigne Officer. (I think it was a side effect of the Syrneth artifact he was using.) :D
MacShidhe

PreviousNext

Return to Events