Countdown to Gen Con 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Gen Con 2011

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 am

Keep us posted on your trip Mark, so we know you made it to Gen Con. Glad you made it safe to Georgia. How's the weather?
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:27 pm

Got a mild cold that the kids have been passing around. Met some really nice local (and semi-famous) folks and went out to dinner with them at an excellent German restaurant. Climbed Stone Mountain in 98 degree weather while alternating between carrying Scott and Kelly AND didn't even die.

On the HoA front re-read both adventures just to be sure.

Markalicious
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Today, you should double check your stuff and make sure nobody unpacked your stuff to make room for something else. Then you should print out any extra stuff you need for the games you are running. Then you should plan to get your transportation squared away (make sure the oil is changed, tune ups if needed, etc.) in the next couple of days.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:11 pm

Well, they took a train down to Georgia, and he's taking a bus from there to Gen Con, while the family heads back home by train (I believe), so anything transportation wise is something he has no control over changing the oil or getting tuned up, but he might/should double check his bags to make sure he has all the important stuff he needs.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:57 pm

I haven't actually started packing yet, since I don't feel an overwhelming need to give either my husband or my roommates additional ammo against me. I have, however, already made a list of everything I will be bringing.

And Floyd had the Highlander in for annual maintenance on Monday, so we're pretty well set on that front (or at least, I am, since that's what I'll be driving, and he'll get to drive the rented cargo van for the store).

I'm not doing anything new with my hair for the con, tempting as the thought may be, since I'll be going through more interviews. I did break down and pick up a wig for my 7th Sea costume, which Nicci is already working on styling for me.

And, according to the website, it is now 7 days, 5 hours, and just under 3 minutes till the con. :D
CaitlinCallahan

Postby salamanca » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Ok Deb, I have two conflicting images in my head about that wig. One is a classic era appropriate giant powdered hairdo that would fit into any Montaigne ball. The other is that same wig cut down to match Nicci's hairstyle. I DO NOT want clarification, the dichotomy if amusing me.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:27 am

Hey Mark!

Haven't heard if you made it ok to Gen Con. Did you survive the bus ride? How many new ideas did it give you for stories?

Hope you are having fun!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:34 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Hey Mark!

Haven't heard if you made it ok to Gen Con. Did you survive the bus ride? How many new ideas did it give you for stories?

Hope you are having fun!

Still on Ga. Now at Amicalola falls state park (for the family reunion). Leave here on Mon. night. Be in Indianapolis on Tue. noonish

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Oh, I didn't realize you hadn't left yet. Got my weekends mixed up I guess. Not used to haveing so much time to myself, now that I no longer have any pets to take care of. Well, hope your haveing fun and getting plenty of sun, to give Don Miguel his swarthy look for Gen Con. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:27 pm

double check before leaving that a shirt-tail relative has not stowed away in the luggage.

the rest of the gamers running events should be re-reading the adventures they are running over the weekend to refresh the adventure in their mind. They also need to pick out a couple DVDs to watch that evoke the theme and style they want their game to run in. (as not great as it is for film, Cutthroat Island is perfect for game pacing and high adventure)

now is also the time to pack the game bag with everything you need and a trip to the store for any food and drink you are carting along. I would be doing the laundry as well so I just have to pack out of the clean pile. Then get the household chores done. (except lawn mowing which should be done the day before you leave)

Since Kara is not on...

GGGGEEEENNNNNNCOOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Picked up alternate jewelry for the 7th Sea costume today. I am now considering a separate bag just for accessories....

Still haven't started packing, but have been very busy doing laundry, since I pretty much only pack out of the clean pile. ;)

I am off on Tuesday, though it now looks like there's a chance I may have to go to a lengthy interview, which cuts down on last-minute packing time, and since Floyd is running our weekly game Tuesday night, I need to be (almost) fully packed by 5 pm on Tuesday.

5 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes

(as per the "official" clock)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm

(not that I'm excited or anything....)
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Klcp » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 am

I'm still on Colorado (Mountains are beautiful by the way) so imma have to wait 'till Tuesday to pack...seeing as I'll be washing clothes all Monday. (this is so weird, no cell service but really good wifi...)
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:47 am

I can't see the clock on the iPhone :( so all I can do is estimate. And since GenCon starts on Tue. for me I only have about 3 days (82 hours 14 min specifically, cause that's when my first game starts).

Markalicious

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 am

Here you go Mark, looked it up for you.

Time left as I type this is: 004:14:08:24 according to the Gen Con clock. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:58 am

Technically, the convention will start early Wednesday afternoon for me. We'll be there setting up the booth for the store (and this year, Nicci and I will actually be able to help, since we'll have exhibitor badges - we couldn't get in last year).
CaitlinCallahan

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:30 pm

Okay, I am now mostly packed - couple of items should be coming out of the dryer in a few minutes, and will go directly into the suitcase, then all that will remain are sundries that I will need prior to the con.

4 Days, 3 hours, 29 minutes and counting..... :D
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:35 pm

2 Days 3 hours 25 min till my first game

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:59 am

Eating breakfast at my hotel while waiting for my room to be ready

IN INDY!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:40 am

Tell us all about your bus trip!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:07 pm

No bus trip because of other disasters. Instead I drove all the way from Gainsville, Ga to Indianapolis (8 hour trip) after dropping off the family at the train station (train left at 11pm). Just took a nap feel much better, heading out. See some of you real soon.

Markalicious

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:No bus trip

Smart man!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Let me get this straight, you are eating breakfast in a hotel and you can't get a pick up game going? what kind of lame event are you attending?

My friends, Alex and Lisa Ford went and won tickets to GenCon, if you run into them introduce yourself. (they are huge swashbuckling fans)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:33 pm

salamanca wrote:Let me get this straight, you are eating breakfast in a hotel and you can't get a pick up game going? what kind of lame event are you attending?

Don't forget I'm an old man now. I just went without sleep for over 24 hours. I was nearly nodding off at the table.

salamanca wrote:My friends, Alex and Lisa Ford went and won tickets to GenCon, if you run into them introduce yourself. (they are huge swashbuckling fans)

Just tell them to stay the heck away from that Heroes of Altamira campaign, I hear it's UTTER CRAP!

Markalicious

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Just tell them to stay the heck away from that Heroes of Altamira campaign, I hear it's UTTER CRAP!

Yeah! And I heard it was run by this psycho-logist who screws with the players' heads, then gives them his card and offers to give discounts for psycho-analysis appointments and spankings and stuff.
Sister Sonya

PreviousNext

Return to Events