Countdown to OGC 2015

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to OGC 2015

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:15 am

Just wanted to assure everyone that I hadn't forgotten. Just finalizing family plans before I submit our events. Looks like we'll be doing a two day stint this time on Fri and Sat. Mark your calendars if you've missed out on any previous events.

Our new scuttmonkey, Megan will be up for running an event or two, so feel free to give her a really rough time! ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to OGC 2015

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Alright, got our events in for OGC. Here they are (and as a bonus, Event Registration is already open so you can snag your events right away).

Friday (June 19th)
Slot 1 (2pm-6pm) – Ep. 9 and Player’s Choice
Slot 2 (8pm-Midnight) – Ep 10 and Player’s Choice

Sat (June 20th)
Slot 4 (9am-1pm) – Ep 9 and Player’s Choice
Slot 5 (2pm-6pm) – Ep. 10 and Player’s Choice
Slot 6 (8pm-Midnight) – Personal Agendas!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Ok kind of jumped the gun a bit with this, OUR events were in the system but not available on the website. However as of this morning, we're all set!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 am

So, I finally have a moment to relax, so here's my assessment of OGC 2015. Slow start (as usual) so neither of our games ran during the afternoon slot on Friday. BUT, the evening slot roared in with a totally full table. Even more cool was the fact that seven of the eight players were women (the one guy was a newbie). We decided on Dave's favorite, Ep. 3 and the players eventually won the day! However, we can add 7 to the number of players who hate Santino.

Saturday we ran every slot AND the morning and afternoon slots had both tables running! Lots of fresh new faces and good times!

The PA ran in the evening. We had a full table and then some (9 players if I recall correctly). The event went way over (since we had 3 more newbies who's first experience was the PA). But despite that, there was a tremendous amount of laughter. Our new quote is "Ouch, my little empereur" I got our arrogant musketeer to turn his pants over to "L'Empereur" and interestingly, both of the women agreed to cut their hair off.

Their attempt to get the bones was a huge disaster, so initially they decided to grab ALL the bones (6 people worth) and carry them all back. But no sooner did they get them all over the wall then they decided to throw them all back and in a panic ran home to face the shining countenances of the people of altamira who were just waiting to hear all the details of their exploits...

Coolest thing I was told, the women who played on Friday night want to make that slot a thing. They'll get together every year on friday night and have a women's only table. And surprisingly, they want me to be the one to run stuff for them. Wow...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:25 pm

You are sorta girly. But I am pretty sure you will need to be running HOA at that hour. Perhaps a ladies table for the afternoon when your game doesn't go off would work.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Events