Countdown to Origins 2016

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2016

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:09 pm

As the burger place NEXT to Barley house made Mark all quesy last year, I shall recommend against that.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:26 pm

salamanca wrote:As the burger place NEXT to Barley house made Mark all quesy last year, I shall recommend against that.

I SECOND THIS!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:41 pm

Don't we usually go to the bar-b-q place? If you don't want to go there this time, why not go to the Italian place.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:52 pm

Japanese Steak House!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:24 pm

4 nights, we usually gather for at least 3 of those. No need to argue. We hit whatever sounds good and isn't packed.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:15 pm

GoSM still doesn't work, So I've registered and will have to ask for a refund. :|
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:59 pm

Event Registration is now on the 20th...

https://twitter.com/originsgames/status ... 2030569472
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby joecrak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:11 pm

So, being super new to all this, Origins specifically, how hard is event registration? My plan is mostly to try and get in a bunch of this, and split time with friends of mine at Games on Demand.
joecrak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Far less painful than GenCon (by leaps and bounds) a bit more painful than a local con (since you can get shut out of some of the harder to find stuff). As for getting in with us. You shouldn't have any problems. I don't know of any players that couldn't get in most (if not all) of the events they were looking for.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:51 pm

And as I often mention, there are many interesting things to play.

Anything run by Matinee Adventures is a pretty safe bet of a good time. As is any event GMed by Cthulhu Bob. Alex and Lisa Ford host a series of homebrew minis games based on Ghostbusters, smurfs and other weird kid show stuff. (Under the north coast gamers banner).

In short, you can find stuff to do. Onsite food in the Hyatt food court is equal to most shopping mall food courts. Plenty of restaurants in the area as well. I would avoid food service in the actual convention center.
salamanca

Postby joecrak » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Coolio. Looking forward to buckling swash and dancing at balls.
joecrak

Postby daundelyon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:45 pm

As a local, give me an idea of what kind of food you like, and I would be happy to make suggestions. Columbus is a surprisingly good food town. :)
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Event Grid has been updated. WE. HAVE. LOCATIONS!

Champaign throughout the con. Mostly tables 3 and 4.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby joecrak » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:02 am

daundelyon wrote:As a local, give me an idea of what kind of food you like, and I would be happy to make suggestions. Columbus is a surprisingly good food town. :)

I'm pretty open in tastes. Whats the time allotted for food? my local con is usually an hour for lunch and 2 hours for dinner.
joecrak

Postby joecrak » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:21 am

So is Thursday 5+ playtest, a playtest of second edition?
joecrak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:50 am

No, a group of us get together to playtest one of next year's adventures (I try and playtest both to find any problems with running it).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:02 am

Speaking of locations, I updated the initial post with all the room/table numbers.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:49 am

Joe, this is not scheduled like a local con. Far too many people to have everyone on the same meal schedule.

You need to plot your own meal times. I recommend avoiding the hour the dealer room closes. All those folks tend to go straight to dinner.

And the playtest is invitation only because we don't want to ruin the surprises. As well as our desire to see how certain people react and catch on to certain plot points.
salamanca

Postby joecrak » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:18 am

Gotcha.

Now all i have to worry about is figuring out how this ticket/token thing works, when trying to register for the games next week.
joecrak

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:29 pm

Register for games and you will have a ticket for the event when you arrive. Generic tokens can be used to join games you did not sign up for as well as the on demand stuff. (Provided there is space) If I remember, each generic covers a two hour slot and most games run 4 so you need two generics for the average tabletop session.

There is a booth to buy generic tokens on site so you don't need to go crazy with those. And you can sell them back on Sunday.

My recommendation is to plan to play 2-3 games a day. Gap an hour between if you can. 2 hours to do dinner if you plan on sit down restaurant meals. Plan time for the dealer room and some light game demo time in there. Leave time for the game auction if you are interested in odd old stuff. Plan to wander and see the miniatures room just to see the terrain if not try a game. (Which you can fit into dealer room time). Try at least one game you have never played. The worst that will happen is 4 hours at a dull table and maybe a story about this awful game you once played to tell in the future.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:23 pm

And now for the announcement at least a couple of you have been waiting for!

WE HAVE THE GoSM COUPON CODE!!!

It is, GSm9pvr

And here are the rest of the instructions

1. Go to originsgamefair.com, click the Registration tab.

2. Click “Register Here!”

3. Fill out required fields (Email address, First Name, Last Name). At the registration category drop down box, make sure to choose Club Full Show Pass (club must be registered GAMA club).

4. Enter coupon code in box marked Coupon Code.

5. Click “Begin Registration”, complete all necessary fields.

6. Finish by making your payment.

IMPORTANT: Please review your balance due before making your payment. If the amount due appears incorrect, contact registration@gama.org to have your balance adjusted. DO NOT MAKE A PAYMENT ON AN INCORRECT BALANCE. Refunds for overpayment are subject to a $10 administrative fee.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby joecrak » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:14 pm

Oh had i known this was a thing before I registered so long ago.
joecrak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:39 pm

joecrak wrote:Oh had i known this was a thing before I registered so long ago.

PM me the email addy associated with your badge and I'll get you all set for next year (and every year in the future). There's no fee and it's not a disaster if you don't use it, so there's really no reason not to add yourself ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby joecrak » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:46 pm

cool, thanks!
joecrak

Postby Steven desJardins » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Successfully registered for episodes 7-10 and Personal Agendas (Gregor Medev, already has an approved Background).
Steven desJardins

PreviousNext

Return to Events