A Surprise Event!

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

A Surprise Event!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:22 pm

So, jonesing for another taste of Heroes of Altamira but you missed out getting into a game at Total Confusion back in Feb. Or maybe you just heard about it but can’t get yourself to Origins or GenCon this year? Well you’re in luck. I will be at TotalConfusion’s Game Day @ Battleground Games & Hobbies (Plainville, Ma) June 11th. I’ll be running HoA from noon – 4. Hope to see you there!

Mark

Oh and as a bonus you get to play with one of my spawn (if you think of that as a bonus).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: A Surprise Event!

Postby Klcp » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 am

Speaking of, when am I going to get to meet that spawn of yours?
(Needless to say, I can't get all the way to MA.)
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:21 am

Probably not for a while Kara, sorry to say :cry: He's been to Total Confusion twice now and Origins was next on his list, but for the next two years he'll still be in school (his last day this year is actually the day I leave). He's a bit immature for his age so I need him to be a bit older than you might expect. I was figuring around 14 for Origins, 16-17 for GenCon. Now I guess he'll just be waiting for GC.

But never fear, he is very excited to see you. His character is Yves Vincent, the OTHER Knight of the Rose and Cross (and Miguel's future Domni).

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 am

And, dare we ask, at what age will Yves be granted the opportunity to join the site as a Member? And offer input and criticism to one and all? :D
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 pm

I gave him my password. In fact, sal has never actually posted here.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Well right now he's not so much interested in yakking with people on web forums. Combined with the only way to do it being actually writing something (which he hates). So right now his favorite online activity is playing Robloks and/or adding some new free app on Her Magesty's iPad.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:21 am

Speaking of progress, it seems we already have 3 players for this game. But still, it'd be nice if I could get another full table :D

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:00 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Probably not for a while Kara, sorry to say :cry: He's been to Total Confusion twice now and Origins was next on his list, but for the next two years he'll still be in school (his last day this year is actually the day I leave). He's a bit immature for his age so I need him to be a bit older than you might expect. I was figuring around 14 for Origins, 16-17 for GenCon. Now I guess he'll just be waiting for GC.

But never fear, he is very excited to see you. His character is Yves Vincent, the OTHER Knight of the Rose and Cross (and Miguel's future Domni).

Mark

WHAAT?! LAME!! (Lame cuz I have to wait, and lame that he has school when Origins starts) How late does his school get out? I mean, I thought MY little brother was in school for ever, and he gets out on Tuesday.

Okay, so how old is he now?

Wait, excited to see me? Or just your gamer friends in general?
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Kara, you forgot Origins is moving up into may next year. It should effect everyone in school except most colleges on semesters. and for the record, Mark's son is too young for you.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:54 pm

salamanca wrote: and for the record, Mark's son is too young for you.

Let's hear a cougar roar!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:32 pm

Long as Kara's not an elementary ed. major David ought to be safe...

;)

Seriously though, his school would normally get out next friday, but because of excessive snow days, he has to go all the way through to Tues (the day I leave).

He is currently 9 (Nov 26th he'll be 10)

Yes Kara, specifically you. Cause you are the other KR&C character related to Miguel (and because you have been playing with me as Miguel and he's heard all the stories, er most, not the one where you had to borrow my tabard but he did hear the one where Miguel lost a duel to you).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Now now Dave, statistically it is proven that relationships/marriage work better (survive) when the woman is older than the male. Now we can agrue that most women are more mature than men regardless of age, but what the hell.....
cpugs

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:07 pm

statistically it is proven that relationships/marriage work better (survive) when the woman is older than the male.

Very, very interesting. Now I wonder why there's all that hub-a-balou when an older woman dates a younger man :roll: . There never seems to be when it's the other way around, the man is usually congradulated for catching such a young bride. Hmmmmm.

Meanwhile, Mark, what's this about having to lend Miguel's tabard? Did you even tell me that story??
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:56 pm

I blame Joss Whedon and his line about "special hell". I know I have heard the tabard story, it's over-sensationalized.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Only had two players (the third had to bow out at the last minute), but that just made for more time in the limelight for the two that did play.

Best two quotes of the night were from my progeny...

SETUP: Bad guy is stuck in with the big bad at the end and suggests he and the heroes team up only to throw my son's character to the proverbial wolves at just the right moment.

ME: So Son, what'd you think of the adventure?
DAVID: Well, in the future if the bad guy wants to team up, I'm gonna guess he is LYING!

SETUP: Big bad chewed on my son's character a couple of times.

ME: So, Son were you worried Yves (his character) was gonna get hurt?
DAVID: No Dad. I was worried Yves was gonna get KILLED!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:27 am

Okay, so:
1) Dude! Sal! No! It would be like how I am with Kyle Perkins. He's basically my little brother. I mean, I torment the kid just as much as my actual brothers! (Promise I'll try to be nice to Little Edwards though :D )
2) As for women, men, and age...personal opinion: the guy has to be older. I actually am not attracted to guys younger than me at all, heck I don't even like guys my age. Granted, my mom is three years older than my dad, but I still think it's weird. (This coming from a girl who has had crushes in the past on multiple men who could be her father.....Oh, Mr. Carrington...why couldn't you have been my science teacher longer? lol)
3)Tabard? I didn't borrow your tabard! I don't know what you're talking about! And there DEFINITELY isn't a picture to prove it (although...I don't think even the tabard was in the picture..... :oops: ).
4) Miguel did NOT lose that duel, he randomly yielded for no reason just so I could win...which would have been insulting except for the fact that it was Miguel and I know he didn't intend it to be.
Klcp

Postby Klcp » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:33 am

salamanca wrote:I know I have heard the tabard story, it's over-sensationalized.

(missed this post)

Yeah it was. Mostly because it was my first year at GenCon, and I was extremely embarassed by the whole ordeal and Frank thought it would be funny to make a huge deal out of it and tell everyone specifically just to traumatize me.

Now it's just kind of funny. ;)
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:46 am

Klcp wrote:Okay, so:
...Promise I'll try to be nice to Little Edwards though...

Oh you don't want to do that. He's me except cute, oh and blond, and charming. On second thought maybe he isn't like me at all...

Klcp wrote:Miguel did NOT lose that duel, he randomly yielded for no reason just so I could win...which would have been insulting except for the fact that it was Miguel and I know he didn't intend it to be.

Alright, lets look at a hypothetical shall we? Two sports teams play a game in which they end up tied. They are about to quit the game when they realize one of the teams got a penalty. The penalty is such that one of the two teams gains at least a point and have technically won the game. This despite the fact that the teams are obviously evenly matched. When you look the game up in the records, does the team that won have some special mark to indicate that they didn't really win (because they won by technicality) or does it just indicate a win?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:47 am

Kara, NOBODY likes guys your age. Guys that age are horribly obnoxious. As for young David's comments on being worried about Yves being killed, I will note you obviously have not shown him Wick's comments on there being worse things than death. Glad to hear the event went well, hope your players join up with us here.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:59 am

salamanca wrote:Kara, NOBODY likes guys your age.

I know I certainly hated me at that age. I'm surprised I survived. ;)

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 am

Well, it's not that "nobody" likes guys her age. It's the problem that the testosterone is running high at that age, and they are thinking mostly with their lower brain instead of their upper brain that it's impossible to be around them . Once they get a few more years on them (for the most part), and it levels out, they are much more easier to be around.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:13 am

I repeat, nobody likes guys her age.
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 pm

That's because men are dumber than stumps until there 30. If thet have not learned anything by them, god help them because noone else will...
cpugs

Postby Klcp » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:07 am

Alright, lets look at a hypothetical shall we? Two sports teams play a game in which they end up tied. They are about to quit the game when they realize one of the teams got a penalty. The penalty is such that one of the two teams gains at least a point and have technically won the game. This despite the fact that the teams are obviously evenly matched. When you look the game up in the records, does the team that won have some special mark to indicate that they didn't really win (because they won by technicality) or does it just indicate a win?

Listen, Sierra doesn't care what the record says. I mean seriously? When has she ever cared what people thought about her? For heaven's sake, she stripped down and knocked on some bad guys door just for the sake of creating a distraction and she doesn't mind the fact that there's a picture of that night posted up in Jack's cabin. Not to mention, she's decided to start being nice to Esteban LaVerga (Scourge of the Montaign). What does that do for her reputation.

No, all Sierra cares about is what she knows to be true:
1) Jack's a jerk.
2) She's got more pride than she lets on.
3) She was going to lose that duel if Miguel hadn't yielded out of pity.

Just like the other big duel she had (at least it was for her) against Charlie's character. The point wasn't actually winning the duel, the point was showing how pissed she was by giving everything she had (although I do kind of regret throwing all those saved up drama dice).

And once again, about men and women...

That's because men are dumber than stumps until there 30. If thet have not learned anything by them, god help them because noone else will...

True, but not all of them. I've got some guy friends who are pretty decent and mature. However, they still kind of feel like kids to me.

I think it's the grey hair. Like George Clooney and Liam Neeson (even though he dies it sometimes...his voice is amazing)...god I love those men...
Last edited by Klcp on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Wait, Clooney is old?. Since when?. As for Sierra, I seem to recall she is at her best pushing defenseless allies into dimensional rifts.
salamanca

Next

Return to Events