Countdown to Origins 2017

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2017

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:30 am

Just got the word. Event Registration begins Wednesday, May 3rd, @ 1pm
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:33 pm

Playtest still Thursday night???
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:09 pm

Yup!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MacShidhe » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 pm

Have they given us the Club Code yet?
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:55 pm

Usually comes about a month before Origins

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:29 pm

Dam, I'll be 16 hours out of kilter for registration.
cpugs

Postby kenderleech » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:31 pm

I could loan you a kilt if it helps.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Just a reminder that Event Reg 8 days away.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:37 pm

UPDATE: Event grid now has actual numbers for the events. I've taken the liberty of putting in the numbers for you, added Megaparanoia just in case, and updated the GMs.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:23 pm

UPDATE on the UPDATE: I didn't notice this initially but there are also Room/Table assignments on the new grid. So we have location! Where? Why Champagne of course! I'll update all the events with their Table numbers (oh and YES the table numbers are low enough that the tables probably DO actually exist.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:11 pm

No sex in the Champaign Room!
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 pm

And to get Mark in the mood, I present this... :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:47 pm

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 am

It turns out I have a little bit of free time this Origins. I could probably work in 2 games (in addition to my usual time to wander the dealers' hall, so no need to worry about me skipping that)! So I'm curious my friends, what's new that I should be looking at?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue May 02, 2017 9:17 am

Registration's tomorrow...GoSM code out yet?

Lady Grace

Postby Lady Grace » Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm

"This service is unavailable" :evil:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Nope no GoSM code, but we DID get the GMs badge codes...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 03, 2017 4:38 pm

So, Origins hits a new low for registration.

Several of us have been unable to get in and select events. So, Mark, be prepared for a bunch of us to show up with generics.
Sister Sonya

Postby LeonardoFelix » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:So, Origins hits a new low for registration.

Several of us have been unable to get in and select events. So, Mark, be prepared for a bunch of us to show up with generics.

And I was just swinging by to see if anyone had managed to get through yet. I guess that's my answer.
LeonardoFelix

Postby salamanca » Wed May 03, 2017 5:26 pm

Well, just so you all know, we will NOT be overstocking tables anymore. We might (might) add a player beyond listed numbers but that is it.

Players are not getting their share of spotlight, it's hard on us to speak loudly to reach all the players, other GMs in the room have problems with it, etc.

Now, on the plus side, if nobody else is getting in the system you are not getting beat out.

And this is far from the worst registration problem since '96. There was the year it erased everyone's events and spat out generics instead (in the same year you could not buy generics with a credit card if you had already done so). There is the year nothing went live until two weeks in advance. There is the year all the listed times were the same so nobody knew when to play.

A later start and no code is just a typical thing.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed May 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Got the games for both me & my Mike at least. Though, weirdly enough while my itinerary has everything listed correctly, the payment menu has me double-booked for Episode 14? :shock:

Lady Grace

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I can't get past "access my badge".
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 03, 2017 7:10 pm

I grabbed two games, stuck at payment (but don't really care if I get dumped out of the system, since I can always show up with generics).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 03, 2017 7:29 pm

So, I sent an email to the registration mgr, finally got in and grabbed a POA 1-5 slot, it wouldn't take payments on two different credit cards, and now I get an email that they took the whole system down until 1PM Friday.

Wonderful.

All sessions selected but not yet paid for will be kept until that time...

ps: I can post Wendy Quick's entire email here, if it's important.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 03, 2017 8:31 pm

Here's what they said on FB

Origins Fans:
We understand this has been a frustrating day of registration for all of us. The problem is not bandwidth, as we have more than doubled it this year. There is a design issue that did not surface during testing that we need to resolve.
We're working very closely with the owner of our event management system to make sure all of the glitches are fixed as quickly as possible.
We can test and fix more quickly if the event system is off-line, so we are closing registration until this Friday at 1 p.m. EDT.
While the system is off, your carts will not be cleared out and you will not lose the events you have already selected!
We are extremely sorry that you have lost valuable time in your day, and your attendee experience is our top priority.
Thank you for being patient as we work to fix the system.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events