Countdown to TotalCon 2017

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to TotalCon 2017

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:57 pm

As usual, I got so caught up in events I forgot to post all the other day to day reports. So lets get em all out of the way.

Friday -
All three games went off without a hitch. Full (or nearly so) tables all around. Only problem is that I need to get the timing down for Ep. 14 better since we went almost 20 minutes over today. John Wick tracked me down and we yapped about future books and the new Ghostbusters.

Saturday -
Busy, Busy, Busy. Lots of new folks from last year returning with character ideas (and backgrounds). I did have to wing one at the PA but it worked out pretty good (I think). Big news was Laura's abscessed tooth (which was removed Thurs). She bowed out of one game (which Megan jumped in to run, BIG THANKS MEGAN). Still need to work on the timing since both my games ran over, or nearly so.

PA was busy and, as usual way over time (which I really expect). Lots of new folks and laughs all around. Highlight of that was the crowd of 10-20 folks who stayed up until nearly 1:30am to watch Antonio's background come to fruition. I think I may have broken him. Don't believe me, you can watch it HERE (warning, it is over 40 minutes long. If you just want to see him break, move to the 20 minute mark)

Sunday -
Antonio couldn't stop talking about his background and came to talk with me. Megan ran Ep. 13 (with just a few minutes prep time, YOU GO GIRL!!!) and David and I went to play Delta Green (and survived no less!)

Overall impression about our new venue.
On the Plus side: lots more parking, lots more available restaurants in the area.
On the Minus side: at least twice as far for me to drive, not as much available gaming space (or such was my impression), air-conditioning is wonky (only one control for every two rooms, so you almost need the exact same number of bodies in each or one is too cold the other too hot).

High Points:
I didn't forget to pass out the cards at all!
GREAT to keep seeing so many new players and LOTS of enthusiasm with our regulars.
Watching the looks of joy/horror on the players faces as secrets began to be revealed.
John Wick talk. Just two gamers talking about what we love.
Got to play a "Lyin" John Fox-type character during the John Wick game.
Got to play with my son (and not just GM for him). He played the social character and I the social disaster. It was great fun watching him (and watching him watch me screw things up).

Low Points:
Had an anal GM nearby, got mad about our volume within the first half hour (which I can totally understand) BUT then proceeded to have his group break our volume record for the rest of the session...
THEN he got upset the next day when one of the other (cool) GMs had the table he thought was rightfully his (numbers had been moved around)
Laura's abscess. Health issues are never fun.
The long drive. Most times it was fine, but Saturday Night/Sunday morning, didn't get home till after 2am (I'm too old for this...)
John Wick game had the same style as the GenCon game. 4 hour slot was finished in 2.5 hours WITH character creation.
And along with that, had a spotlight hog (and no, it wasn't me), I've written the social character, but because I don't want to do any hard work SH tries to take over the "talk with the relevant NPC" job (and screws it all up too).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to TotalCon 2017

Postby cpugs » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:56 pm

Sorry I missed this year but I was attempting to recover from the flu which kicked my ass this year....
cpugs

Previous

Return to Events