Countdown to OGC 2011

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to OGC 2011

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:51 am

Nothing about 2 hinges on 1. Go for it.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:04 pm

salamanca wrote:Nothing about 2 hinges on 1. Go for it.

Well except for the fact that Laura may have to run 2 instead of 1 or wait till later to run hers...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:23 pm

She is all growed up, she can handle it. Besides, #2 is the more complete and easier to run adventure. #1 is full of little options that could be problematic. (like the entire second act)
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:15 am

Just curious. If it runs too late for David to play, how is he getting home? Is Jenny comming up to get him? Are you getting a room? Or will you be taking him home yourself?

I'm a bit confused about it, as I expect (and hope) that you will be there to help me out, just in case I blow it, being all nervous and such. Oh, and I was hoping also to get a ride from you, unless your going up for all the 3 days, and then I'll just have to find my way there again. Sigh. (Hmmmm, maybe I'll find that Firestation with all those nice Firemen again, like I did last year, to help with directions. Nice eyecandy! ;) )
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:46 am

We'll run 2 first (2-6pm) which David will play in. Then we'll run 1 (8-Midnight).

As for a ride, it's a maybe. We may still be up at Jenny's Dad's house (in which case we'll be coming from Maine) if we come back early though, I can simply drop by and pick you up on the way.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47 pm

As for David, he is hitch-hiking home. The boy is practically 10, he can handle it.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:18 am

That won't cause him any anxiety :D

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:04 am

-sigh- I just wanna give this kid a hug!!
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:54 pm

You realize with Mark as his dad, he will be trained to scream "BAD TOUCH" as soon as you try it, right?
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:11 pm

I told you before... Keep away from my son!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:16 pm

What about the lawn???
cpugs

Postby Klcp » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:17 pm

:(
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:57 am

Woot just a few more days folks! Laura is busy re-reading the adventure (which she shouldn't really need given that she's played 1 and 2 more than anyone else (other than me of course)). So show up this saturday 2pm - Ep 2 Fear and Surprise, 8pm Ep. 1 The Road to Altamira. Not sure which one Laura will be running (assuming she has a preference, and doesn't want to run both).

Looking forward to this.

Mark

PS Laura, I'll call you today or tomorrow and finalize our evil plans :twisted:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:31 am

Folks have fun over in Nashua. I would loved to have taken part, but we are off for two weeks in the south of France. Have a great con!
cpugs

Postby Klcp » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Wish I could come!!
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 pm

cpugs wrote:Folks have fun over in Nashua. I would loved to have taken part, but we are off for two weeks in the south of France. Have a great con!

Really?!? South of France over Nashua? Pshaw...guess we know where your priorities are at... ;) Have fun!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:30 am

So, post-con report:

Had five people per game (which is the first time this has happened to me at OGC, it is a rather small con, and for some reason I can only seem to garner 2-4 people per game and usually only after begging), though admittedly I brought along a ringer (David) for the first game.

Both of the 7th Sea addicts I've been trying to get showed up to play (one for both games the other for the second, marking the first time I've had both of them in the same game ever. AND of course I didn't run it.) Apparently word is getting around because many folks said they had heard about HoA from the folks who'd been down at TotalCon.

Two of the players who played both games signed up just because they'd never played the game before and once they got a taste began trying to figure out if they could make it to TotalCon so they wouldn't have to wait a year for Episodes 3&4. Heard from one of them that the adventures were "GREAT"

Coincidentally, these two players bring the Vestenmannjavnjar total to (I believe) 17.

Gave out a few cards but it seems we're already known here because both the above players (and a few others who stopped in) had been to GoSM to make their characters.

LAURA'S GAME: Hopefully without embarrassing Laura too much here's what I saw.
I noticed relatively quickly Laura had her worst moments when I was hovering over her shoulder (along with my completely irritating habit of jumping in when I am not needed/wanted), so I started taking a lot of walks and left her alone. The players all noticed the difference and told me so after the game.

If I had to do it over again I wouldn't watch her at all, rather be nearby when she needed a rules question answered (which happened once, possibly twice).

She timed it perfectly allowing the heroes to destroy the big-bad right at the end of time (allowing for the official 15 minutes to spare for wrap-up and xp sheets).

The players took care of the feedback and I noticed a real nice rhythm coming off the table after a very short while. Overall, I think it's time for this bird to fly. The only thing she needs now is experience.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:03 am

Thanks Mark,

I think that once my nervous jitters calmed themselves to a reasonable level, I had it a bit better running people I didn't play with all the time because I didn't know what they were going to do, compared to knowing how you guys play, and worring myself silly trying to come up with something that would keep you occupied for a game,
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:41 pm

HOOORAY for Laura!!!
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 pm

You just need to remember one thing as a GM... You own the table. They cross you at their peril. They can try what they wish, you just have to twist their benefit from the action into a bigger problem later. And you never need to live up to the level of any other GM. You just have to run the best game you can every time you sit down at a table, then top that the next time. Learn from your mistakes and that alone will guarantee regular improvement. So sit down today and write a list of what you missed, did wrong or want to change next time.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 pm

salamanca wrote:You just need to remember one thing as a GM... You own the table. They cross you at their peril. They can try what they wish, you just have to twist their benefit from the action into a bigger problem later. And you never need to live up to the level of any other GM. You just have to run the best game you can every time you sit down at a table, then top that the next time. Learn from your mistakes and that alone will guarantee regular improvement. So sit down today and write a list of what you missed, did wrong or want to change next time.

LAURA QFT!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Events