Countdown to OGC 2018

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to OGC 2018

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 am

Should have put this in earlier. Sorry about that.

Important Info
Where: Holiday Inn, 9 Northeastern Blvd., Nashua, NH 03062
When: July 20-22, 2018

Our Schedule:
Unfortunately, I'll only be there Friday, as family obligations messed up the rest of the weekend. But here's our events.

Fri. July 20th
9am-1pm - Ep. 15 - Black Sheep
2pm-6pm - Ep. 16 - Fall from Grace
2pm-6pm - Flashback
8pm-12am - Tangled Strands (One Shot for the Ladies of OGC)
8pm-12am - Flashback
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to OGC 2018

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:13 pm

Just a reminder, 23 Days until OGC!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:30 am

Less than 4 days until OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 am

I'm off to OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:27 pm

Hope he told the wife...
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:29 pm

Shhh everyone... writing to you from an undisclosed cave in the middle of a non-extradition country... wife found out I went to a fourth con... don't know how long I can hide here before she finds me... wait a second, I hear some tapping... OH MY GOD! IT'S HER!!! TELL MY KIDS I LOVED THEM.....[CARRIER DEAD]

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Actually con was great as usual, though I had some surprises. For example, I was the only one who was supposed to go, Laura and Megan both bowed out this year. David didn't want to come up for just a day then drive from the con at midnight up to Maine to see the cousins.

What actually ended up happening was, Antonio stepped up and offered to run the flashback adventures for me. David did come along because the cousins bowed out of coming to visit so no Maine visit.

As for the con itself, I had 7 players for Slot 0 (9am on Fri). It started with just three but 4 more trickled in over the course of the adventure. Most of them, by the way came back in the afternoon or evening to play more.

Afternoon was a bit more lax with just 4 showing up for Slot 1. But given that's my favorite number of players it worked out just fine. Antonio's first game didn't go off but that's not a surprise at OGC.

Then in the evening, Antonio got 6 players for Slot 2. And the players there couldn't toot his horn enough. They kept me almost an hour afterward telling me what they'd done and how much they liked the adventure.

As for myself, the official "Gathering of the Ladies" went off swimmingly this year. I ran the Fate-Witch Only adventure for 5 of them. While there was no seduction of the cardinal during the mass, they found all the proper clues and made excellent use of their particular talents. They were so inspiring I am thinking of writing a sequel for next year.

Little fun on the overnight as David locked the room door which meant my card didn't work. And then there were no staff on duty to try and fix it. So I ended up having to pound on the door for about 20 minutes (at 2am no less) before I finally woke him up.

In the morning I got to run Marvel Heroic Roleplaying for several kids, David, and Patrick (Legoche, who's assigned game didn't have enough players). I let everyone pick their own characters, so we ended up with Ghost Rider, Wolverine, She-Hulk, Spider-Man, Groot, and Gamora against the Wrecking Crew. A great time was had by all.

David got a bit homesick then so we bowed out of the Star Wars living campaign (that was inspired by our very own Heroes of Altamira, I might add). :( Maybe at TC next year.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am

So somebody saw what we do and still thought it was a good idea to try something similar...

They should have paid better attention.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Events