Why are HoA games more expensive?

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Why are HoA games more expensive?

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:34 pm

Thought I'd let you all know before you discover it for yourselves when you do event registration. I increased the cost of our games by $2 (I would have done just 1 but neither Origins nor GenCon will let you charge just one.)

I spoke with some of you about this last year, but for those whom I missed (or don't remember our conversation), the extra money is to help us deal with all the paperwork (XP Sheets, bonus cards, photocopying, etc.) costs. So no this is not some get-rich-quick scheme (though if we make enough I may take Dave and Ken on that Barbados trip we always talked about).

I just didn't want anyone to be surprised by the extra cost.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Why are HoA games more expensive?

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:53 pm

Bumping this as a reminder we'll be $2 more expensive this year. Still don't want anyone to get surprised.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby groovy » Tue May 31, 2022 11:56 pm

Actually, it looks like you guys are $6 more expensive at Origins this year, as most events now have no cost, which is reflected by the higher badge price.
groovy

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:28 pm

Yeah, it appears someone just set the price as the price instead of at the increase above the old costs. Nobody consulted us about that, nobody double checked about the GM's intent on that. Just another person in the office doing the job half right.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby groovy » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:43 am

It didn't stop me from signing up for the events anyway. I don't mind subsidizing the cost of the summary sheets and those little bonus cards, plus I know the events will be great, which isn't always a given at a con.
groovy

Postby kenderleech » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:44 pm

groovy wrote:It didn't stop me from signing up for the events anyway. I don't mind subsidizing the cost of the summary sheets and those little bonus cards, plus I know the events will be great, which isn't always a given at a con.

I guess i cant phone it in this year, eh?

Not that i ever really have, but no slacking for me.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:36 pm

I always phone it in. But I have an awesome GM phone voice.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Events