Countdown to Origins 2021 (MAYBE)

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2021 (MAYBE)

Postby cpugs » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:31 am

Twenty-four or twenty-five years ago. I didn’t need glasses until 2007. Now bigger is better. When I get home tomorrow night I’ll compare the jade d10 to the new one.
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:21 am

Ok, Domingo time is not long off then...well you all know the schedule.

For those of you willing to risk contact, this is my hug for all of you. It's about as close as i can offer today.

For Everybody who posted or sent pics, thanks. It was good to see those, good to see some faces who don't post here and know they are well, good just to see the old place in general.

In bonus newss, if they go back to regular schedule, we are a lot closer to gathering again than usual.

Enjoy that Sunday game and shopping spree.

Safe travels

See you sooner or later

-Sal
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:01 pm

I also have been following along, and if I am gonna be honest, seeing the pics was equal parts happiness and sadness. I love to see them, but it makes me sad I am not there. I agree with others, we need to win the lottery so we can do HoACon...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:30 pm

I have explained to Mark the feeling he gets seeing this from afar has a name.

I call it GenCon.

And thank you again for all the pics, the texts, the quick chats and the vicarious fun.

Then keep this in mind...the last time i played a RPG was 6 days after Origins 2019. I am old and out of practice, so be wary of looking forward to my return, it's gonna be rusty.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:40 pm

I would like to thank everyone who came out to play with us, and everyone who let me vent about my job at them. I would also like to thank our GMHQ volintolds, who despite not being there until an hour before the event, and not having paperwork until 3 hours into the event, still did a good job holding a table in place. Mark for writing the stuff i run, and everyone else for thinking its funny when I tell them its daves fault if they didnt enjoy it.

Special thanks to Alexandra and Sam for Co-GMing with me, Charlie for the donuts (and being charlie), and the people who stopped by to say hi even tho they werent going to play.

I miss you all.

And an extra special two finger salute to the guy who broke into the cars in the sonesta garage, and my 2 employees who made everything that wasnt gaming related a stressful weekend.
kenderleech

Postby cpugs » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:54 pm

1C0CE5D4-C771-4382-A013-1A253EE64DA8.jpeg
1C0CE5D4-C771-4382-A013-1A253EE64DA8.jpeg (15.97 KiB) Viewed 12372 times

So in either 96 or 97 Crystal Caste had a set of 10 d10 made of Jade that I loved, which I used at Origins for years. The aging comes along, multiple sets of bifocals, and I need bigger dice to read them. This is the before and after picture…
Last edited by cpugs on Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cpugs

Postby cpugs » Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:57 pm

Ken, thank you, thank you, thank you. You were Ken but channeled your inner Mark. Sam and Alexandra and everyone else, a pleasure as always. This Origins was good, but too many missing faces to make it great. Let’s hope for a blow out 2022 Origins. Why is it so dusty in here. Miss you all terribly…..
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:09 pm

June 8 is not that far off.

Come to think of it, i have blown my extra lead time to write the PA.

Ken was not lying when he said it was my fault. We talk or text every day i am not at origins before events just before you arrive at the table and i lob curveballs for him to toss you all.

Like rainstorms.

I would run games via phone call and stay home except i can't see you all suffer.

Jokes aside, i am glad you all got to have fun.
And now a warning: Mark has plans...some big some small, most a surprise.

And i have seen the current draft of the final adventure. Epic and we have not gotten to the make it awesome draft yet.
salamanca

Postby daundelyon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:21 pm

This Origins had the usual technical and organizational SNAFUs, along with a culinary one which was new, but it was fun. Thank you to Charlie for well timed donuts, all of our lovely players for a marvelous time, and could we please get Ken's van exorcized? We had thought that regular exposure to Columbus would help, but not so much. Special shout out to the new players who bestowed our favorite befuddled professor with a new nickname; Professor Slag, as in Screams Like A Girl. I almost fell off my chair.
The storm actually added to episode one, a swollen river is harder to deal with overall.
Next year in Columbus!
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:59 pm

My mother was from near Columbus, we would visit family twice a year, and I have other relatives still there.

We would go into Columbus each visit, it was one of the better downtowns in the Midwest, I liked Lazarus, Isaly's ice cream, Big Bear Foods, and a lot of other businesses.

The Downtown had deteriorated a lot over the years and many of those businesses disappeared. Some new businesses have started up, but there are still a lot of empty spaces where buildings used to stand.

More recently, after Origins 2019, 600 downtown parking spaces have been lost. The cost of parking is up 50%. The North Market has lost several of my favorite shops. The Convention Center has had several changes, some good, some not so good.

Overall, Origins seemed smaller by 50-66%, dealers, games, things to do. Yet the venue was spread out at its physical limit. I have new lung issues and newly arthritic knees.

I played nine FWS games, and couldn't fit 7th Sea in. Still, I had a good overall time. Out of the 40+ Origins Cons I've attended, this one was certainly better than most.
Sister Sonya

Postby cpugs » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Last bit of good news from Origins, my COVID-19 test came back negative.
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Still glad you got to go, Mike.

And i am pretty sure you are caught up on 7th sea fron our campaign so focus elsewhere made good sense
salamanca

Previous

Return to Events