Countdown to Total Confusion 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Total Confusion 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:41 am

Another Update: Event Previews are now up! http://www.totalcon.com/eventpreviews.html
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:27 pm

WOW! Total Confusion has certainly kicked the cheerleading into high gear. Over on Facebook, they've started mentioning all their GoH events and throwing out links to their events like crazy. AND you'll never guess who they mentioned first...

Yup, Heroes of Altamira just got a big mention, all our premere events, links to the site and our facebook page, everything!

VERY COOL.

Mark

Oh and it appears that I am a Guest of Honor this year :D
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:11 am

Guess that means I will be meeting you on an elevator.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:05 pm

well there are 885 people who've "liked" Total Con, but of them only 72 have indicated they are coming this year. So we'll see...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Does anyone have any comments about Spirit Airlines? I can get to Boston for a vacation and take in Total Confusion for an airfare under $100.00.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:57 pm

I've heard they're an airline that's working on the logistics of charging you to breath air while in flight. And I can say for certain they'll charge you for ANY baggage you bring (whether you check it in or not). So, wear all the clothes you intend to bring with you and buy all your toiletries when you get here and you should be fine. ;)

You can read customer reviews here http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/spirit.htm

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:37 am

Well, I can travel light and endure cramped seating, but I balk at taking no changes of clothing. I'll wait on this until the new year.

Some of the comments on your site are pretty tough! Thanks.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks, now i have an image of Mike boarding a plane lookinglike the michelin man in 5 shirts, multip,e pairs of pants socks and presumably underwear. But the real kicker is that he is wearing 4 ties in my head.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:40 am

...razor and toothbrush in one coat pocket...toothpaste in another...don't need deodorant and I'll fit right in with a certain class of gamey gamers...
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Pssst, Mike. Don't forget your dice.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:56 pm

You could always mail your stuff to the hotel*...

EDIT: *Or even me.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 am

Pssst. Romeo?

I forgot to bring dice to the Con. Can I use yours until I can get to that dealer where I can stuff ten-siders into the cup?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 pm

salamanca wrote:Thanks, now i have an image of Mike boarding a plane lookinglike the michelin man in 5 shirts, multip,e pairs of pants socks and presumably underwear. But the real kicker is that he is wearing 4 ties in my head.

Why did this picture just pop into my head...
timthumb.png

Mike, just put your arms down when you get to TotalCon

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Just under 8 weeks to go folks!

They should be announcing con and event registration here any day. Which reminds me...

Mike are you planning on coming or did our discussion of Spirit Airlines scare you away?

As it stands I know I have three players (Laura, Eric, and David) with another seven almost guaranteed (Jen, Bob, Paul, Christine, Mike, Mike, and Scott). All but Jen have played all the first sessions, so there's still plenty of space left open for all sessions. Pretty soon now I'm gonna have to go out and get all the doo-dads printed up for the beginning of YEAR TWO!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Mike are you planning on coming or did our discussion of Spirit Airlines scare you away?

Back from four days at VerneCon, and still recovering.

If I were 30 years younger, I'd have my ticket for Boston in hand by now and would have found a cheapo hotel.

As it is, playing games with Spirit in February doesn't have much appeal, so I probably won't try it. I'll have another look much closer to the Con, though...
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:15 am

Hey! There's a train station in Mansfield that will take me directly to Boston.

Supposedly, effective January 26, Spirit and the other tricky airlines are supposed to explain all of their fares structures!

Sister Sonya might just show up after all!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Hey! There's a train station in Mansfield that will take me directly to Boston.

Response...

Black Jack Rackham earlier in this same thread wrote:MBTA (http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/rail/lines/?route=PROVSTOU&direction=O&timing=W&RedisplayTime=Redisplay+Time) has trains that go back and forth to Mansfield, but from the train station, you'd probably have to use a taxi because it's about 2 miles from the station to the Holiday Inn, and Mansfield has no public transport that I know of.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:... you'd probably have to use a taxi because it's about 2 miles from the station to the Holiday Inn, and Mansfield has no public transport that I know of.

Well...I walked 2 miles from the Convention Center in Indianapolis to the Econolodge on Meridian St., since the buses don't run late, for 4-5 years. So that wouldn't be anything new.

Besides there is a Red Roof Inn about halfway to the train station! And, the Holiday Inn may even have a courtesy car...
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 pm

JUST under the wire, I got in our first official DOMINGO GIGANTE! event. Laura will have to run it (as I will be busy running our return to The Keep on the Borderlands for David) but all looks good.

We're less than 6 weeks from the start of Year 2. Wow it seems like just yesterday I was saying 6 months with nothing to do...

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 am

Quick Update for those of you without Facebook, TC had a snafu with Paypal suddenly not interfacing with their stuff (after years of it working smoothly). They are trying desperately to fix it and will start Registration as soon as it gets fixed.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:15 pm

And Just like that, We're on our way. TC registration (both con and event) are up and running! Go! Quick! Sign Up!

http://www.totalcon.com/eventpreviews.html

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby yves vincene » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Can't wait till total con :geek:
"We can team up!"

"I'm just doing the right thing"
yves vincene

Postby salamanca » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:56 am

Since Yves is sorta new at this, let's teach him the proper Altamira method of displaying excitement. First, you must wait until 5 days before Totalcon. Then you post in this thread the word "Totalcon" but you do it while enlarging the font size and adding a bunch of exclamation points behind it. You should repeat this daily and each day you add extra vowels to stretch the word out to emphasize just how excited you really are. (example: "toooooootaaaalcoooooon!!!!!") Seeing as this is your first big convention, you can start early on that and just keep making it bigger each time. But you MUST limit it to once per day. If you need other examples, go look for Kara's samples in the 2011 Origins thread.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:57 am

Why is it that what disturbs me the most is his flawless use of emoticons...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby yves vincene » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:24 pm

Tooootallllcooooon :lol: :geek:
"We can team up!"

"I'm just doing the right thing"
yves vincene

PreviousNext

Return to Events