Countdown to Total Confusion 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Total Confusion 2012

Postby salamanca » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:01 am

That's more like it!. I like the addition of the smileys. Now, just start making it bigger and add exclamation points so it gets louder. On a serious note, a good tabletop roleplayer finds someone else at the table that is doing a good job and backs their plan (when they don't have a better plan of their own). A great roleplayer backs the plan of a person but makes their own actions twice as awesome in the process. So keep that in mind and look for players to work with. (this is even cooler if the players are people you have not met before)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:08 am

Well, the Spirit price appears to be around $160 RT, including advance booking for my suitcase. So, it doesn't appear that I can make it to Total Confusion this year.

Maybe next year!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Sorry to hear that Mike. See you at Origins/GenCon!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:11 pm

If I read their pricing correctly, the cheapest fare for my suitcase is $36.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:23 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:If I read their pricing correctly, the cheapest fare for my suitcase is $36.
They just added a $2 fee for changing your reservation

Also wanted to say, the countdown is now at 3 weeks.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:12 pm

I just got an email from someone interested in sitting down to play their first ever game of 7th Sea at TotalCon. He had a problem because he wanted to play but Episode 1 was...SOLD OUT!

So I gave him a couple of options (show up anyway, play Ep 2, get a DOMINGO GIGANTE! card, etc.) , told him how to find us, and assured him he was in good hands.

That is just so cool.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:47 pm

now get them here so we can help them get an idea of what they want to play before they hit the table. (or at least to the main page and the template section)
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:19 am

Yeah, did you tell him about this site?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Yup I sure did.

Oh and btw I figured out that Ep. 1 sold out in less than 1.5 weeks. Because all my first year players got their shots at 1&2 at both TC and OGC, I'm betting that means these are all newbs who heard about this from the first year players.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:35 pm

Ok so updates, FIRST, Less than 2 weeks to go!

SECOND, I couldn't figure out how the new player figured out that my event was full so I wandered over to the TC website and just tried to do the online registration (without registering obviously) and it turns out, THERE ARE ONLY TWO TICKETS LEFT IN ALL OF THE EVENTS!

EDIT: I mistook the number of slots (each is 2 hours of gaming) an event takes up with the number of tickets left so I don't know how many tickets are left for Personal Agendas but it's still the only one with tickets remaining. Just wanted to clear that up.

And the two that are left are in Personal Agendas (which figures really, right now these'd just be the returning characters who are planning on doing backgrounds). Not to worry though, I'm gonna pimp it up throughout the con.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:11 am

Boy that didn't take long. Just checked in on the Personal Agendas event, and voila, it's sold out too. I sure hope Laura has some extra time on her hands so I can convince her to run some extra events...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:42 am

LOL, well, maybe we should bring Dave out here to help too, as he has finished his winter job, so maybe he has some spare time? :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 pm

No, you need to "girl up" and do the job. I am not driving to Mass. At the end of Feb. I have work to do by then (and now for that matter)
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Oh, I'm "Girled Up" to do it, no problem. Just like to give you a reason to up your post count. ;)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:04 pm

Alright if any of my players are lurkers and wondering if they're going to be able to get into a game, Episodes 1&2 Laura is going to try and make herself available to run a session if we have enough bodies (I'm thinking around 10). That'll be in addition to DOMINGO GIGANTE! running on Sunday.

Oh and just over a week to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 am

5 days to go! Everything is packed (I hope) so I just need to run down the clock.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Have fun everybody! Good luck with the PAs!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:53 am

Sister Sonya wrote: Good luck with the PAs!

They're gonna need it :twisted:

Oh and 2 more days, so I guess I can switch to hours now. In just over 52 hours I'll be running Ep 1 at my usual table in the Holiday Inn.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 pm

I've been expecting the lad to bounce in here with his convention shout.

You keeping him away from the PC or what?
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Well he has this obsession with making the password to every single website he visits and signs into completely different than all the rest (and none of them are the simple kind either they end up being something like "Ssdlfi395cn95302cntos035323lsi9f9fwn235") so of course, he's forgotten his password.

I've offered to reset it, but he's insistant...

EDIT: He finally relented so I've fixed to something and and I can remember. We'll see if it works.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:19 am

(This is for you Mark)

TOTAL CON!!!!!!!

Heading out today, as we are offically starting, though I did go and help set up yesterday. From what I heard, they are expecting at least a 1000 people this year, which for our little con, that's pretty big. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks Laura,

First game is at 1pm today so I've got a few things more to do (not the least of which is getting more of our guildofsanmarcos.net cards).

But I'll be there early to soak in the atmosphere.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:57 pm

1st Game of Year 2 Stats:
Players at the Table: 7
New to HoA: 7
New to 7th Sea: 6
Players who'd signed up for all 5 different events: 2*

*there are 2 others who plan on camping out to get the coveted generic spots

Interestingly, only had 3 players with actual tickets, the other 4 were generics. I wonder where my no-shows went...

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

Our puzzle expert made short work of her part and due to the vast awesome of a very lucky Goodfellow bowman, the big bad was pin-cushioned quite severely. A few more good rolls and they'd have been done very quickly.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:27 am

2nd Game Stats:
Players at the Table: 6
New to HoA: 0
New to 7th Sea: 0

3 of the players were returning from this afternoon, two of whom ditched someone elses game to play HoA!
the other 3 were all returning from last year.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DiscoKittie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:2nd Game Stats:
Players at the Table: 6
New to HoA: 0
New to 7th Sea: 0

3 of the players were returning from this afternoon, two of whom ditched someone elses game to play HoA!
the other 3 were all returning from last year.

And we were happy to do so! (and have skipped a second game for your's since then!) But now we have nothing to do for the rest of the con! ;)
end of line
DiscoKittie

PreviousNext

Return to Events