Countdown to Origins 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am

cpugs wrote:Forty......

:D :D :D :D
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 am

Just over 5 weeks to go, and surprise of surprises, no events list (but the usual plethora of silence punctuated by various non-answer answers). Wish I could at least tell you the numbers of all HoA events but I'm apparently not on their GM email list :(

About the only news I can positively say is my events have been accepted without change so the dates of all my events should be correct.

In other 7th Sea news, I got confirmation that Crimson Valor got their events in (though I can't say which events or when they'll be). For some reason I got taken out of the loop as far as events go.

Also Matinee Adventures has their lists out (http://matineeadventures.com/Show_Times.html). As Dave mentioned in another thread, everything they run has been awesome so far. So go sign up!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 pm

See, I DO have magic powers! I complain that the events list isn't up and voila they change the page so now there are (non-clickable) links to the various .xls master lists. While not great news, at least it looks like some progress... maybe this week some time?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:27 am

Ok the system is up and down, but the events are sort of up. I found out all our games (despite not mentioning The Guild of San Marcos) are all in Marion tables 2 and 5. And for those of you going to do CV games also, they are just across the hallway in Madison. And for your edification, I will go back to the first post and add in the event numbers for you.

EDIT: and just for chuckles, the only new event CV is releasing is one I wrote.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:17 am

Event lists are here and being reviewed. It will not be a productive day today....
cpugs

Postby cpugs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:31 am

On the CV front, they seem to be running the same couple of events until Saturday, when they add in some of the older events. It seems CV21 is run multiple times on the same day. I wonder if Origins messed that up...
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 am

cpugs wrote:On the CV front, they seem to be running the same couple of events until Saturday, when they add in some of the older events. It seems CV21 is run multiple times on the same day. I wonder if Origins messed that up...

Well, Dave is the only one of us with his name listed as GM and there's NO mention of GoSM whatsoever. So I'm guessing "messed up."

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am

cpugs wrote:On the CV front, they seem to be running the same couple of events until Saturday, when they add in some of the older events. It seems CV21 is run multiple times on the same day. I wonder if Origins messed that up...

I'm looking at it and I only see 21 running twice.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:40 pm

It may be twice but it is in consecutive time slots. Still looking it over when I get a moment.
cpugs

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:52 pm

21 Sonya is 6/2 at 9am
21 Jack is 6/2 at 1 PM
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:08 pm

And since I wrote em both, they're actually awesome...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:47 am

I keep forgetting that there are 2 versions, especially when it calls out for a single captain. Silly me....
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:45 am

But at least this time, the event actually shows you which captain is involved, A MAJOR improvement as far as I'm concerned.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:47 am

Ok, so like the rest of you, I've been pouring over the event listings and I came upon this:

Rotted Capes: Fortress of the Dead
The Heroes and a small number of Norms have managed to break into the underground lair of the villainous Earthshaker, which has miraculously remained Zombie free – but if that’s true, then why are people still dying?

6/1/12 7:00 PM

Turns out this is a new game by Paradigm Concepts called, of course, Rotted Capes. Supers in a world overrun with zombies. But more than that, they're zombies who also have superpowers...

Interesting, but given Paradigm Concepts other releases I'm worried this is some d20 variant. Now it's not that I dislike d20 and I've heard others rave about Mutants and Masterminds, but to me, d20 will always be fantasy (despite their various attempts to make it a universal system).

Anyone heard anything about it?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:20 am

Question:

Has anyone tried to access their Origins Registration by clicking on "Access My Badge"?

I paid by credit card on 3/20/12; and, of course, there is no record of my payment. Also, of course, there is no email address in which I can try to clear this up before event registration goes live.

Does anyone know of a way for me to contact these doofuses, to try to straighten this out?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:37 am

Sister Sonya wrote:Question:

Has anyone tried to access their Origins Registration by clicking on "Access My Badge"?

I paid by credit card on 3/20/12; and, of course, there is no record of my payment. Also, of course, there is no email address in which I can try to clear this up before event registration goes live.

Does anyone know of a way for me to contact these doofuses, to try to straighten this out?

Just tried it, no problems here.

You should contact registration@gama.org to fix it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:34 am

Update: I spoke with Frank last night, and it seems CV is following my lead and slowing the pace of their release schedule (don't know if it was directly as a result of what I'm doing, but I'm gonna take credit for it). So there is just one new event (two adventures) release for Origins (there'll be another for GenCon).

He seemed to think Adam's CthulhuTech campaign had fallen through so he'd be available to run games (however, I did tell him there are 6 CT games on the schedule under the GB7 banner so we'll see)

In addition, it seems 7th Sea is all in about the same area. We'll be in Marion (tables 2 and 5 throughout the con), CV will be in Madison (right across the hallway), and Matinee Adventures (will be two doors down in Champaign)

Last, I figured out what to add to the events page, a thread with links to all the maps for HoA cons... I'll get right on that.

EDIT: Started the thread, but Gencon.com is down (looks like someone forgot to pay their bill) so I don't have access to those links right now.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Sister Sonya wrote:Question:

Mike,
Did you get this fixed?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 pm

No Response.

Are you sure about that email address? I couldn't find any on the site.

I just tried to login. Here is the message I got:

" A critical error has occurred.
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origins Game Fair
May 30-June 3, 2012
Greater Columbus Convention Center
Columbus, Ohio, 43215, USA"

edit: Ok. I got through. Still $0.00 shown in paid amount. Sent another email...
Sister Sonya

Postby cpugs » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:16 am

Mike, I found that I have multiple accounts in the system. I logged in under my old account and saw exactly what you saw. Then I check my confirmation e-mail and found out I had another account. I went under that account and found my preregistration paid for with some generic's I pre-ordered.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:39 am

I didn't even consider that Charlie, but now that you say it, I remember needing to come up with a new login a couple of years ago. Good catch!

Oh and back to the countdown, 30 days!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:04 am

cpugs wrote:Mike, I found that I have multiple accounts in the system. I logged in under my old account and saw exactly what you saw. Then I check my confirmation e-mail and found out I had another account. I went under that account and found my preregistration paid for with some generic's I pre-ordered.

Thanks for the heads-up Charlie.

I had an email from Joby Miller explaining something similar when I got home Sunday evening: I registered from work and couldn't access that from my home! I'll have to try it tomorrow, and will post an update...
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 01, 2012 12:38 am

Ok! I was able to login and verify my $75 payment and allocation.

Miller changed my email address to home, which I can log into from work, but not readily vice versa.
Sister Sonya

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue May 01, 2012 12:40 am

By the way, BJR. Which event got renumbered? I played #1 and #2 originally.

Is it #2 that is now #4? So, I need to sign up for #2 and #3?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 01, 2012 7:47 am

Sister Sonya wrote:By the way, BJR. Which event got renumbered? I played #1 and #2 originally.

Is it #2 that is now #4? So, I need to sign up for #2 and #3?

The renumbering that took place was merely in my head before release. Once I release them, I'm not changing them. So if you played 1&2 last year, you have 3&4 yet to play*.

Mark

*I would explain in more detail (since I know what you're referring to), but I'm worried people will somehow misconstrue what I'm saying and sign up for the wrong things.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events