Countdown to Origins 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Origins 2012

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed May 09, 2012 2:46 am

Dave? Did you go through "Registration" then the big green "Access My Badge"? The drop down menu allows you to go in through "events".

When I tried to login through "login", it didn't work, for my registration was linked through my home PC's URL. Like Charlie, I had two registrations, but the $75 was linked to home.

Fortunately, going in through Access My Badge allowed me to put in my home URL and link up with my payment.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 09, 2012 12:56 pm

In precisely three weeks I will be sitting in the Marion Room (Table 2) and noting that we still have just a few minutes before we start the adventure. I'll look over the new people's characters just to be sure, hand out DD and explain a bit about 7th Sea and the world for those unfamiliar with the game. THEN I'll promptly forget to hand out the 'special' cards (because I forget during the first adventure of the con every time). But I will remember the moment I notice that Dave is calling my cellphone. When I pick up, he won't say it but we both know why he's calling. Instead, he'll just ask if there are any books I need him to bring, and let me know when he should be down to the con.

Meanwhile, Laura who simply cannot resist watching the opening moments of the campaign nearly every time it's run, will be sitting nearby with that quirky little smile on her face. She'll be basking in the glow of new players beginning to love this campaign. I recognize it right away, because I'm feeling the same thing.

Dear god, that just brought a smile to my face.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 09, 2012 5:20 pm

i totally plan to be there to run Episode 1 at 1 pm on wednesday (barring traffic and last minute hassles)

I understand what Mike was suggesting I look for on the site. The site would let me access my badge, it even showed I have one for a change but it was not allowing me to alter the registration. The text that allowed you to edit your account/registration was not there.

Today, on a different and very new computer that I have never used to access the account, I could jump right in and order until my heart was content.

And I found every game I wanted was sold out. (except one of the our events)

So just to make it official, I am booked in and will be there to run both sessions of episode 1 and 2 as well as the Personal Agenda adventure. (If we have a huge overflow, I am prepping enough material to run 3 two hour sessions in that provided anyone is free to wait and play between 5 and 7 pm)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

And while I did sign up for an event at 7 after the PA, that still leaves enough time to take care of any overflow for people who couldn't get in during the regular times.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Somebody is playing at the drydock...
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 10, 2012 5:16 pm

Nope, Rotted Capes

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 pm

I have generic tickets and time free then... may need to tag along and beg in.

I'm thinking a character with necromantic powers in a zombie game.

or a speedster in a stumbling zombie game.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 11, 2012 1:08 pm

It said characters provided and rules taught. So it looks like we just get to pick one. I was thinking of stealing Eric's idea and going for the hillbilly who brings the dead back to life. You know, the Rednecromancer...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri May 11, 2012 10:06 pm

The best part of that is in a zombie game, the dead are already back so you end up just being a normal guy. (my plan B for that time slot is to drydock and shove Sierra through something worse than a porte hole). And just because it's time somebdy did it.... OOOoooooorrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnsssss!!!!
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat May 12, 2012 2:26 am

salamanca wrote: my plan B for that time slot is to drydock and shove Sierra through something worse than a porte hole). And just because it's time somebdy did it....

What about trapping her with one of those Mirror Ghosts?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 12, 2012 8:34 am

salamanca wrote:And just because it's time somebdy did it.... OOOoooooorrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnsssss!!!!

Why am I hearing that in the same cadance (and voice) as Isabella (of Phineas and Ferb fame) saying "Whatcha dooooin?"

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Sun May 13, 2012 11:00 am

Does anyone know who from the CV crew is coming this year???
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 13, 2012 11:28 am

I had a confab with Frank a week or so ago and he mentioned the regular names (Him, Kenny, the Wetherholts, Kara and the new Mrs. Beemer) but he was also under the impression that Adam would be running stuff. I was under the impression he'd left for his own campaign based on the CthulhuTech RPG (there are CthulhuTech adventures listed for under the GB7 banner but I don't know if he's involved or not).

Frank also mentioned bringing in a new face (a friend of his), but I can't remember his name.

There was supposed to be a meeting with all the GMs which I was invited to, but I've yet to hear when it was planned for.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 pm

In a mere TWO WEEKS I will already be in my hotel room after having dropped off all my fellow ride sharers (Charlie, Laura, and Eric), gotten my badge, eaten dinner, and re-checked all my stuff to make sure I have everything for the first two events (I know Dave is running the first one but I want to be ready anyway, and becides I'm bringing most of the paperwork).

I'm really looking forward to this!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Just a sign of how little folks pay attention to my plans..... I have been asked 3 times today if I am leaving for Columbus tomorrow or friday. I wrote it on every calendar in the place. Now, admittedly, if Origins were to have started this week, I would be most enthused but as I have nothing laundered or packed it would not be as much fun. I also guarantee that in two weeks, when I do leave, somebody will be surprised I have done so.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 17, 2012 1:07 pm

salamanca wrote:Just a sign of how little folks pay attention to my plans..... I have been asked 3 times today if I am leaving for Columbus tomorrow or friday. I wrote it on every calendar in the place. Now, admittedly, if Origins were to have started this week, I would be most enthused but as I have nothing laundered or packed it would not be as much fun. I also guarantee that in two weeks, when I do leave, somebody will be surprised I have done so.

Wait, you're going to Origins?!?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu May 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Not only am I going, I signed up under 4 different names. I also logged in here with 3 new accounts. It turns out we actually have no new players, they are all just me. (if any of that were true, it would be the worst plans to get a free badge ever)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 pm

More stuff unannounced unless you were paying careful attention to their website,

Origins pre-registration will close Tuesday, May 22 at 11:59pm PST. Once closed you will not be able to access your itinerary until the show starts May 30. Any items left unpaid at the close of pre-registration will be removed from open shopping carts and placed back in inventory.

Just thought I'd give you all a heads-up.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 19, 2012 6:03 pm

Update for those of you who haven't gotten tickets, we're nearly 2/3 of the way sold. So you'll know, here's the event list again along with event numbers and the number of ticket left.

Wednesday
1-5pm HoA: Episode 1 (6026) 2 Tickets left
7-11pm HoA: Episode 3 (6082) Sold Out

Thursday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 4 (6145) Sold Out
1-5pm HoA: Episode 2 (6208) 4 Tickets left

Friday
1-5pm HoA: Personal Agendas (two tables) (6511, 6512) total of 4 Tickets left

Saturday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 1 (6709) 1 Ticket left
9-1pm HoA: Episode 3 (6710) 3 Tickets left
1-5pm HoA: Episode 2 (6770) 2 Tickets left
1-5pm HoA: Episode 4 (6771) 4 Tickets left

Sunday
10-2pm HoA: Domingo Gigante! Wide open! but get your special invitation during the con for advance placement!

EDITED: to reflect Laura's Purchases.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun May 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Ok, I know its late, but I finally got on line on Origins and registered (had debated on just waiting til I got there), but figured this would be better in the long run, I hope.

I had tried to register earlier when it first came up, but I couldn't remember my info (actually I did, but it was with the old computer, so after what I was reading here from others, I figured it wasn't reconizing my new laptop, so I just re-registered).

So anyway, I got 3 spots on the game:
Thursday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 4 (6145) 1 Ticket left (not anymore, lol)
Friday
1-5pm HoA: Personal Agendas (two tables) (6511, 6512) total of 5 Tickets left (4 tickets left now)
I really don't know what I will do for this game. Haven't really got my character fully worked out in what her goal is, other than she is in Altamira looking for old ballads and historic writtings.
Saturday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 3 (6710) 4 Tickets left (3 tickets left)

So I have plenty of time to check on other games when I get there. Got myself a batch of generics, and I always like to do a painted figure event.
Can't wait to see everyone!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun May 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Are you telling me that you didn't play 3 and 4 earlier this year?.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 pm

salamanca wrote:Are you telling me that you didn't play 3 and 4 earlier this year?.

Nope she hasn't played any. Just ran 1 event at TotalCon.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 21, 2012 6:58 am

I work Total Con, so no, I didn't get to play them. I only ran #1 for Mark, and the first Domingo Gigante! on the Sunday. I saw him running them from my window, but the noise factor at that hotel is horrible, with their dome roof, it echos the noise, creating more noise. Then they moved into another room for a while too so I couldn't watch, so yup, I have to actually catch up with those two games. :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 22, 2012 1:25 pm

One week from today we will have finished up our hamburgers and will be back on the road! Yay!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 22, 2012 5:32 pm

You will not finish those burgers. You will want to but fail. If you do, the next few hours on the road will be full of woe.

And in exactly 7 days to the minute, I will still be at work. The unemployed in my area, however, are heading down next tuesday.

And since Kara has not been on to do so...

OOOOORRRRRRIIIIIIIIIGGGGIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should be voiced similar to Randy Quaid in Independence Day
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Events