Countdown to Origins 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to Origins 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:50 pm

Wow way early, but I've turned in all my events and they've acknowledged receipt of said events. So, unless they change times on me (which I doubt given I got them in one week after Event Submission BEGAN) Here's the schedule for all you early planners...

Wednesday
1-5pm HoA: Episode 1 (6026)
7-11pm HoA: Episode 3 (6082)

Thursday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 4 (6145)
1-5pm HoA: Episode 2 (6208)

Friday
1-5pm HoA: Personal Agendas (two tables) (6511, 6512)

Saturday
9-1pm HoA: Episode 1 (6709)
9-1pm HoA: Episode 3 (6710)
1-5pm HoA: Episode 2 (6770)
1-5pm HoA: Episode 4 (6771)

Sunday
10-2pm HoA: Domingo Gigante!

The Sunday event isn't, of course, on the events list as it's the overflow adventure for those who couldn't get a spot in our regular games. So, if you miss out, you'll get one more chance to play the adventure you missed. The particular event will be determined by majority rule (and if we get enough people we may even run two tables...)

Remember the date change (May 30-June 3)! Hope to see you at Origins this year.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to Origins 2012

Postby salamanca » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:04 pm

To clarify, Mark will be running 3 and 4 and I should be there to run all the 1 and 2 events. I am also writing and running the adventure portion of the personal agenda. I'm also already packed so keep that in mind if my clothes look a bit wrinkled.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:11 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Remember the date change (May 30-June 3)! Hope to see you at Origins this year.Mark

So add me to the unhappy campers who won't be liking the date change. The stamp collecting group that sponsors our yearly trip to Italy has decided to return to the spring plan vs. the fall plan, so our trip for 2012 now has me returning to the US on June 1.

There may be have to be some flexibility in the middle of each trip for me, but I may have to write a nasty epistle to the Origins Committee.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:44 am

Well, you will just need to join facebook and add to the trail of tears. Out here i'm just hoping for a mild winter as no snow days will get the locals done with school right on that wednesday.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 am

Just a note for all you other Origins attendees, with a decided lack of fanfare (or even notification) hotel registration is now open. You will, however, have to call the hotel yourself because Origins staff haven't bothered to get the codes up on the website. I'm booked in at the Crowne Plaza as usual.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:12 pm

UPDATES:

I should have mentioned above, if you ask about "the Origins Game Fair" discount, the hotel staff will stare slackjawed. You have to mention "GAMA." Fortunately the desk help at CP had been there for years and when I said Origins knew I meant GAMA.

Oh more fun, less than 6 months to go and we still don't have badge registration (or even any word about when it might be).

I've emailed TPTB for Crimson Valor and have yet to receive a reply about their events, so I can't say much about what they're doing.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Small update. Three weeks ago today, the official word was early bird registration was "Opening Soon."

There's been silence ever since.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Small correction it was 2 weeks with no word. But today I see progress as the mail-in pdf is available on the website. And even better, it looks like early-bird pricing is good through April 30th.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Well like normal there was no advance notice but it turns out online registration also went live.

EDIT: Unfortunately for Dave and I, GM Badges are still unavailable.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Apparently Origins caved (sort of) to the angry words and has changed the dates again. You can read about it here http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21976.html

Long and the short of it is, They've moved to the second week in June. Still doesn't help when I want to bring my son (since he'll still be in school) but I'm real happy they listened to the fans (for once).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:54 pm

honestly, they listened to the crickets at registration relative to past years. If they don't book a certain number, they don't survive.

this year will be a breeze for me schedulewise. The ones that hit around June 11th will be a small hassle as my little brother likes to get his birthday off when possible and will be less mirthful about covering for my butt. (but he will)

In all truth, they need to tell GenCon to go suck it up and stand firm on their dates. Because we are twice as cool as they are.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:13 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Apparently Origins caved (sort of) to the angry words and has changed the dates again.

When I saw this, I thought of my trip to Italy in May, 2012 that I had shortened by two days and my non-refundable RT airfare to Venice.

But, the changes are for 2013 and later. Ok. The new dates are much preferable, as Italy in 2013 would almost certainly have been another conflict...
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Update, less than 4 months to Origins!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:13 pm

It snuck up on us a bit, but less than 3 months until Origins.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:46 am

So it was 90 days last time, it's 80 days now!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:25 pm

70 days and counting!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Origins just (finally) updated their front page. No mention of specifics (SURPRISE) but it does appear that Wil Weaton and Felicia Day are going to be guests of honor (they have some new webcast or some such, I'm far too old to know what the heck it is).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 pm

What the hell am I suppossed to talk to them about in an elevator?
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 am

I've some good news. Several more of our overall group will be coming to Origins, mostly to play games rather than GM, so we may have some more HoA newbies.

I'll be helping one to design his HoA character, and there is an outside possibility of three more. All have played 7th Sea before, or know of it.
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:34 pm

salamanca wrote:What the hell am I suppossed to talk to them about in an elevator?

Retail hell?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 pm

57 Days. We're under two months now!

Got the GM Badge compensation stuff so Dave and I can get our free badges. Now all that remains is the packing and drive (which btw we'll be having 3 this year. Got another one of our regular group who wants to try out Denny's Beer Barrel Pub Burgers).

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

we don't need no stinkin' badges.

wait, they stop us at the dealer room... ok, we need stinkin' badges.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Getting back to round numbers 50 days to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am

I don't know if any of you have noticed this, but I've been seeing some old familiar 'faces' lurking on the forums lately. bruce macdonald I'm looking at you here! Good to see everyone checking in, it bodes well for this year's adventures.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:32 am

Forty......
cpugs

Next

Return to Events