Countdown to OGC 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Countdown to OGC 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:38 pm

OGC just announced their dates for this year. Apparently they're going back to half way between Origins and GenCon. Not positive I'll be able to make it, as there's a bunch of vacation on deck for the Edwards. But I'm hoping to be able to at least make it for a day (if not maybe I can send Laura...)

Oh and the dates are July 27-29
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Countdown to OGC 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Welp, Laura is ready and raring to go to OGC and since I am too, here's our list of events. Unfortunately, we can only make it up for one day (Friday the 27th) so there won't be a PA but we'll still be running all the rest of the events...

2-6pm HoA, Ep 1 - The Road To Altamira
2-6pm HoA, Ep 3 - Gentleman's Wager
8pm-Midnight HoA, Ep 2 - Fear and Surprise
8pm-Midnight HoA, Ep 4 - A Small Favor

Hope to see you there!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Good that it will be on a Friday, as that is one of my regular days off, so I don't even have to request it off, though I will put it on the calendar, to make sure that it doesn't get changed for some reason.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Update five and a half months until OGC.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:25 pm

15 Weeks until OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 pm

12 weeks till OGC! Their lists are up already (They post it as a work in progress). So if you're going to be in southern NH at the end of July, hopefully we'll see you there!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm not saying that I will be in southern NH at the end of July, however...

Is there going to be a PA if I am? I do not see a PA listed and I have played eps. 1-4.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:01 pm

No PAs at OGC for the time being, unfortunately. Since we're only going up for the day, I didn't want to try and squeeze 3 games in. Maybe when the kiddos get a little bigger.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:42 pm

44 Days till OGC!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:22 am

Less than 5 weeks to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 pm

25 Days to go!!! Remember Friday, July 27th 2pm (Ep. 1 & 3) and 8pm (Ep. 2 & 4)

Looking forward to it!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Over on facebook GoSM got an invite to OGC (Yes I know we're already going. Its just something FB does, so don't worry about the details. They aren't really important). So after I posted that we'd be attending, I got 4 hits, only one of whom is a regular player so it appears we'll have a couple of new folks. Always good to hear!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 am

Since Mark is busy elsewhere at this time, I am doing the countdown post.

18 days and counting! Whooo Hoooo! :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:02 am

Guess it's time for another Woot! 12 Days and counting! :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:46 am

Checking from Barcelona Spain to say 10 days left, woo hoo!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 am

Where is this Spain you speak of? What about Barcelona? Truly you have traveled a great distance, made even more remarkable by the strange maps you are using. Stay safe.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 am

3 Days Left!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby BLAMM! » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:50 am

Two days!
Brynjar is raring to go, because... *shades* ...he's got an axe to grind.

YEEEAAAAH!
BLAMM!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:42 pm

BLAMM! wrote:Two days!
Brynjar is raring to go, because... *shades* ...he's got an axe to grind.

YEEEAAAAH!

I'd boot you off the boards if I wasn't simply because I was jealous I didn't use the joke first... ;)

By the way Bob, which adventure are you playing?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby BLAMM! » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:32 am

Slot 1, episode 3, Gentleman's Wager. It's the only scenario I haven't played yet. I'm bringing Antonio and Ramsy into the fold as well.
BLAMM!

Postby cpugs » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:47 am

I wish I could make it tonight, but I have to pick up my daughter from camp she's been at for two weeks. Maybe next year...
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:18 am

cpugs wrote:I wish I could make it tonight, but I have to pick up my daughter from camp she's been at for two weeks. Maybe next year...

Well Charlie, if you can't make it to OGC, there are a bunch of us driving to GenCon (and listening to Black Jack Justice) just a couple of weeks from now ;)

As for OGC, I'm making one last runthrough of my lists to make sure I have everything. Be there about half an hour early (1:30).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:17 pm

I am pretty sure Mark will waive the age limit for your girls, Charlie. Then again, it might be better for them not to be able to list us as contacts in the future... we are kinda nerdy.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:35 pm

I am trying to raise my girls as nerds. They like Dr. Who, they are good at math and science. We will see how it works....

Mark, as much as I would love to spend another 16 hors in a van with you, GenCon has always been Too... As in Too many people, too big, too expensive, too impersonal, and too far away. Origins is comfortablei If it stays the same size and they make money I would be tickled. Have fun today and tonight!
cpugs

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:07 am

Well, OGC is over for us at least, and seems like a good time was enjoyed by all. Mark's first table was quite boisterous, was full up, and from what I saw they were enjoying themselves quite well. My first table had four guys who also seemed to enjoy themselves, three of them quite rowdy, and the 4th guy a bit more quite, but he got in to the swing of things pretty quick.

Marks second table was smaller, and I had no one show up, so I sat in and helped them along, letting the new players lead the way, with occational help from me. But I think they showed the most enthusiasm of all the players I watched.

All in all, a good time was had, and I got some good practice. I am finding it easier to run strangers than it is to run my own gamers, lol, only because I know what my gamers will do to what I plan, usually, where I never know what will happen with new people. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Next

Return to Events