Countdown to OGC 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to OGC 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:59 pm

Some of my comments could ruin the surprise, so first, SPOILER ALERT!!! Next to see the words correctly, just highlight them...

The best part of my first table was, all that loud boisterousness? It was all the players. They jumped into character and completely took control of the adventure. Nearly all the noise was them playing off one another. It was terrific! I even got comments about how fun it sounded from the guy out in the dealer's hall (about half a dozen yards from where I was running). He said it sounded like everyone at the table was having a blast.

As usual, Santino did his work and from the get-go everyone hated him. The best part, however, was again the players. This was the first group ever to posit the idea that if they didn't win Santino would use some legal loophole to make their lives difficult (this, when they were sitting in the tavern), and they were the first group to figure out that Santino was trying to make them lose.

My favorite joke? The only player to drink the wine Santino proffered (and who was quite drunk when the contest began) failed her balance roll at the first turn and...Fell off the Wagon...

As for the second table, I had two complete newcomers (father and son). So since no one else showed up, I ran Fear and Surprise for them (Laura and Lisa joined in to make a nice round 4). Both n00bs jumped right into character and had a blast (Edward the son said, at least a dozen times, "This is the greatest game ever!") though in a SHOCKING lack of parental education, we learned Edward had no idea who Zorro was... So naturally, El Vago made a habit of appearing and disappearing at random, only to show up right next to Edward as though he'd been there the whole time.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Mark, we still have a lot of folks to play that adventure... Spoilers or edits may be needed.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:04 am

You are, of course, correct, fixed...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Events