Countdown to Gen Con 2012

Want to know where Heroes of Altamira is playing next or want to beg someone to bring HoA to your own local con? Look no further.

Re: Countdown to Gen Con 2012

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:15 pm

70 Days!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Just checked in and it seems the last two official tickets were snatched up. HoA at Gencon is now offically sold out! But again, that doesn't mean you can't get into a game. We only sell 6 and will take 8. So if you're desperate for a game you couldn't get in, just stop on by and bring a couple of generics.

And if you still can't get in, remember there's always DOMINGO GIGANTE! Sunday morning 10am-2pm We'll be back in the same area ready to run one final game of your choice (majority rules).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:48 pm

With just over 60 days left before GenCon, it's time for me to give the good ole reminder to our returning players (and any new folks lurking). If you plan on making a character with a Background and want to play it at the Personal Agendas event, AND you still haven't given me the write-up of said background, NOW would be the perfect time to do so. I'll have enough time to write it up and discuss it with my evil team of fellow GMs.

If you wait till the last minute, I cannot guarantee I'll have anything ready for you.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:24 pm

50 Days and counting!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:25 am

Missed 40 (and 30) so we're down to 28 days. All the tickets are sold, all the paperwork's finished and up to date. Now just waiting to go! (Though I am thinking of making more copies just in case).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Well, due to a situation at work, I had an oppertunity to take another vacation time, and today after work, went to Mark's house and had him help me sign up for Gen Con and get a hotel. The major reason I went was to figure out for the hotel, as I knew It would be the hardest thing to get this time. I think within an hour I was all set up with both the tickets and hotel room. Thanks alot Mark. Now I can be there to help you should you need help. :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby kenderleech » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Im local to the con if anyone needs a lift around the area. Just let me know
kenderleech

Postby DrKwang » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

It's coming!

Got our badges and tickets today!
DrKwang

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

DrKwang wrote:It's coming!

Got our badges and tickets today!

YAY!
Mine aren't due until Tues. But I can track them...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am

Checked the Fedex Tracker and it appears everything is right on schedule to deliver my tickets today!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Didn't mention it earlier, but my badge and ticket arrived right on schedule (though FedEx despite supposedly needing to wait for a signature DID NOT do that). We're really getting down to it as there are now only 19 days left (less for me and the Massachusetts crew as we'll be there on Tues, just 17 days away).

And as I write this, it occurs to me this is the last Con for me for this year...

Course that just means I need to get to work re-writing 5-6 then finishing the outlines to 7-8 (AND rough drafts), not to mention doing all those new backgrounds that have been showing up...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Erik Rosenthal » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:39 pm

I am going too. Granted I don't know what is still availible space wise, but if I can't play what I am missing is it possible to build a second character and play things I have already played?
Love is the greatest power in all of Theah. I don't understand why people are so intent on limiting it.
Erik Rosenthal

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Erik Rosenthal wrote:I am going too. Granted I don't know what is still availible space wise, but if I can't play what I am missing is it possible to build a second character and play things I have already played?

All the events are sold out. But 'Sold Out' means 6 tickets per event (8 for PA) so for every event I'll take 2 more with generics (and that doesn't include having Laura there to run some overflow events if we have enough to make two tables). So there should be a pretty good chance to get into the events you need (which ones are they, btw?).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Erik Rosenthal » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:26 pm

I need to do chapter 3 and I would like to do PA. I have done 1, 2, and 4 so if there are others I am unaware ofthen I need those too. I may have a lot of free time though, I am going for all 5 days, and the only other events that I am doing are a few heroes of rokugan. So I may end up hanging around the tables for fun if that's alright. (That's why I wanted to know if its okay to have a second character in case I can drop in on ones I have previously played)
Love is the greatest power in all of Theah. I don't understand why people are so intent on limiting it.
Erik Rosenthal

Postby salamanca » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 pm

3 is the only one you need currently being run. (plus the PA)

I think we have no problem trying to accommodate you for that with one of those extra spaces (but I am tempted to tell you no, so I can run that one for you next year) I would check the schedule (it's on page one of this thread) and be early.

As for a second character... Mark has final say but I think we will be ok with that provided we have the following:
1- there is room at the table.
2- you are not bumping anybody who has not played the session at all.
3- It's built and ready to go.
4- It's not built with plans for taking up slots in PA sessions as well. (we really don't want to handle multiple one on one time sessions for the same player just to cover multiple characters. It's too much to plan for and takes time from everyone else which is not fair)

But Mark has final say on this at the table, he will be the one there and he will need to judge what is or is not going to work for him there.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 pm

I'd prefer we keep with one character*, but other than that, Sal's hit it right on the head. Provided you follow the above, I have no problem with you re-playing events. Though you should know that you can only get xp/cash/contacts/earned backgrounds/cool extras with the first go-through.

*I'm a bit concerned with the development of an 'alternate' character culture where everyone's making an extra. While I am honored that people are loving this campaign, I want to make sure we have enough runthroughs to take care of the first-timers, and if we set a precedent of alternates, that could lead to greater problems down the road.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:57 am

This time next week, I will be just finishing up my hamburger at Dennys and getting back on the road. Looking forward to the trip and the gaming!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:22 pm

you don't mean Denny's, that is a horrible spot for lunch. You mean Denny's as in that spot with the giant burgers.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:31 pm

salamanca wrote:you don't mean Denny's, that is a horrible spot for lunch. You mean Denny's as in that spot with the giant burgers.

Ah yes I should have clarified. I meant Denny's Beer Barrel Pub http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/ in Clearfield PA. It's about 6.5 hours from my house. We get there just about lunch time when we head to Origins.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:16 pm

salamanca wrote:you don't mean Denny's, that is a horrible spot for lunch.

Ahh! The Denny's grand slam breakfast!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:07 pm

Under 5 days until I leave for GenCon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:58 am

3 MORE DAYS!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:48 am

under 20 hours until we leave!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Orianna » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:20 pm

I'm going to try to make it to Episode 3 on Saturday morning, if there's any space for me.
Orianna

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Are you desperate enough for a seat that you'd be willing to sing for it? ;)
Seriously though, all the events are sold out but Laura will be coming so we're planning on being able to run about 1.5x the number of events we'd planned. The only issue is whether she will be comfortable enough to run 3-4 (which she's played and read through, just not run yet).

And remember, I always undersell the event (6 tickets sold) but I'll take 8 per table. Plus Saturday Morning often has a larger 'skip' ratio. So give it a shot, it'll be great to see you regardless.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Events